Cottage in Fresville, Nr. Sainte Mere Eglise, Manche, Normandy, France - Peaceful Location, 10 Minute Drive To The Nearest Beach
Beautifully renovated country cottage located in the historic village of Fresville, 10 minutes from the nearest beach, our house provides the perfect location for families and visitors wishing to explore not only the invasion beaches and battlefields but also the diverse history and breathtaking scenery that makes up this part of northern France. Whether you are passionate about history or just want a relaxing vacation, Normandy has a huge variety on offer. Besides a vast number of museums - the outstanding Utah Beach Museum is just 15 minutes away - there are churches, castles, beautiful villages, cafes and wonderful countryside. The ancient town of Bayeux, with its famous tapestry, is a half-hour drive whilst the hidden charms of the Suisse Normande or the magnificent Abbey of Mt St Michel are just an hour away.
Top Traveller Review
Quiet rural getaway
About the Owner
(1 traveller reviews)
Quiet rural getaway
More than the photos can say. Quiet comfortable and within reasonable driving distance to the WWII sites. After five days running around Paris, La Vallee was the perfect place to relax in the Normandy countryside.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
We can assist with preferential availability on local Battlefield and Museum tours, just let us know when booking.
10 minutes drive to nearest beach.
Approximate driving times:
Cherbourg - 25 minutes
Caen - 1 hour
Ste Mere Eglise - 7 minutes
Utah Beach - 15 minutes
Bayeux - 30 minutes
Abbey of Mt St Michel - 1 hour
Excellent restaurants, bars, shops, an extensive supermarket and a local baker are approximately a seven minute drive away.
- Booking Notes:
For booking details and availability please contact us.
Notes on prices:
High Season (1st May - 30th Sept) excludes 6th June week
Winter Season (1st Oct - 30th April) excludes Christmas, New Year and Easter)
SPECIAL BREAKS: includes Christmas, New Year, Easter and 6th June Commemoration week - please contact us for availability
SHORT BREAKS: long weekends and short stays are often available - please contact us for availability
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- First floor separate luxurious main bathroom with bath, basin, WC and heated towel rail Luxury en-suite to ground floor bedroom with walk-in shower, basin and WC
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Second floor Master bedroom with double bed and pull-out single bed First floor large bedroom with 2 doubles or 4 singles Ground floor large double bedroom Luxury bed linen provided
- Golf ...
- Outside: The private walled garden with courtyard and lawn is equipped with garden furniture, perfect for relaxing with a glass of wine after a long day sightseeing. There is private parking for 3 cars. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Luxury linen, towels and toiletries provided. Weekly cleaning and linen change.