Fabulous Farmhouse!- Stoneleigh Knowle Farmhouse (4 Bedrooms Sleeps 9)
The Farmhouse is full of Cornish charm. The 4 bedrooms offer a haven of peace and tranquillity, a place to relax and rejuvenate. Surrounded by private land and its own generous garden and access to our private woodland walk is included in your booking.
With original slate floors,, stone and cobb walls, window seats, an open fire, a log burner and even wonky floors, this is the genuine article.
The farmhouse kitchen is well equipped with a large modern range oven and an American fridge-freezer. The dining room offers the perfect place for family meals with its large table. And the comfortable sofas are perfect for late night chats by the fire.
Dogs are welcome by prior arrangement and fee.
4 bedrooms;3 doubles and 1 bunks with an added day bed in one of the double rooms . Family bathroom, ensuite shower-rm. Sitting room, kitchen, dining room, boot room.
Space for cots.
Outside space includes a Webber BBQ.
Changeover day is usually Friday but we will try to be flexible for you.
Best of Coast & Countryside
Nestled just 10 mins from the beach and with great access to North Cornwall and North Devon is the tranquil private estate of Stoneleigh Knowle.
Our Farmhouse and 3 cottages can be booked individually or grouped together for larger gatherings which makes this the perfect venue for couples, families or large groups of friends.
There is plenty of wildlife with acres of woods, meadows and streams to explore. Great walking and cycling routes start right from the cottages so you should never be short of something to do.
All the cottages have been furnished with comfortable sofas and beds including mattresses from 'Feather & Black'. (comfort has featured highly in our positive feedback from our guests). All our cottages have well equipped kitchens with a microwave, fridge freezer, electric cooker, dishwasher and lots of utensils. All the properties also have a flat screen TV with Free Sat and a Blu Ray player.
We have plenty of outside space in which you can BBQ or just sit and chat. We also have a play castle for the children to keep them occupied too!
We welcome dogs with a small charge and just a few rules- please let us know at time of booking.
Top Traveller Review
Secluded Cornish Get Away
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Please contact owner.
During our peak season changeover days are a Saturday:
At other times and for short breaks we can be flexible. Arrivals from 4pm, departures by 10am.
Notes on prices:
In the peak season all our properties are available for 7 night breaks.
At other times we can offer shorter breaks and have special pricing for weekend get-aways. Please contact us for details.
(6 traveller reviews)
Secluded Cornish Get Away
The old farmhouse can be found down a long country drive, lined with woods you can explore and fields to roam over with your dog. The house itself is full of character, with flagstone floors and a wood burner to keep you warm in the evening. The kids loved the freedom of being able to go off and explore the farm which provides views over Cornwall at some of the highest points. What we loved is that we had the seclusion of living in a remote country setting yet remained only a 10 minute drive away from some of the most popular beaches in and around Bude. The farmhouse is stocked with everything you could possibly need and is decorated to a high standard. We found the beds comfortable and the house spotlessly clean on arrival. We would love to revisit this gem of a place and fully recommend it to those looking for a tranquil setting that is still only a stones throw from all the action.
Lovely,comfortable farmhouse in a tranquil setting
We have just enjoyed a fabulous stay at the Old Farmhouse on the Stoneleigh Knowle Estate. The location is completely tranquil, with surrounding grounds in which to walk, but it’s also close to several great beaches such as Bude and Sandymouth. The farmhouse kitchen has everything you might need; in fact the whole house hits the perfect balance between comfort and homeliness. The bedrooms have a boutique hotel feel, with good quality bedding. If you just want to escape for a few days and explore beaches, or you want a log fire and cosiness, then this is the perfect place. For the stargazers amongst you, the lack of light pollution means that the night sky is simply stunning. In summary, we cannot recommend this place strongly enough, indeed, it is the best holiday let we have ever stayed in.
Great house in perfect location
Great farmhouse! Me and my group of friends had such an amazing time here. Lovely and very big back garden perfect for enjoying outside meals on sunny days. Very quiet area and a very short drive to the beach. Kitchen and house in general very well equipped. Thank you Rebecca for sharing your beautiful house with us! 100% recommended
Peace and quiet to restore the spirit
We loved walking the dogs through the fields of long grass and the more adventurous woodlands. The cottage was clean and beautiful. Our extended family took three of the properties and loved the ability to have a barbecue together and meet up in the evenings to play games. The access to wifi was appreciated by all. Easy access to cliff tops for the more active and beaches for the children suited all tastes.
What a glorious place!
I stayed here with my partner and son over Easter... From the moment we turned onto the long driveway that leads to the farmhouse I knew we were going to love it. The house itself has been beautifully and carefully updated by the owners - keeping all the original features but with a modern twist. The house is set in glorious woodland - perfect for long walks (make sure you take wellies)... A ten minute drive away and you will find Widemouth Bay - stunning beach, with fabulous rock pools for crab hunting... Bude Town is 10 minutes away. We had a couple of wet days whilst there but that didn't matter. We cosied up on the sofa in the sitting room in front of the wood burner and watched movies one day, and the next we visited Trethorne Leisure Park in Launceston - a fabulous place for families with kids on wet days and only 20 minutes from the farmhouse. All in all - we had one of the best Easter weekends ever... And to add to this review we have rebooked for next year to come back. Thank you Craig and Rebecca for making our stay so perfect.
Our Family Holiday
We decided to have a family holiday covering three generations this year and the property which we choose was Stoneleigh Knowle. We occupied The Farmhouse, The Stables and The Mill. Right from the start we were very impressed by the properties. They are in a beautiful location which enough space for everyone to spread out. The properties are very well equipped with extremely comfortable beds and very well stocked kitchens. All in all a home from home! The large dining room in the farmhouse was great and we all met up there for evening meals followed by games of bingo, yahtzee, monopoly etc with no danger of disturbing neighbours when things got a bit noisy! Definitely a place to put on our "must return" list
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Nature- We have a unique environment which can offer guests a wonderful opportunity to watch wildlife and to spot nature.
Astronomy- We have very little light pollution and consequently there are some fabulous opportunities for star gazing.
We are very happy to help facilitate groups who wish to run themed breaks like painting, photography or retreats. Please talk to us about your ideas.
Fantastic Widemouth Bay with sand, surf, café, loos, showers and lifeguard service is just 5mins drive, and the incredible South West Coastal Path is accessed from here.
Within 10-20mins drive there are many other fantastic beaches offering a wide variety of sand, pebbles, rock pools and coastal geology. Many allow dogs and many offer a lifeguard service. For the more adventurous or romantic there are some 'hidden' beaches too.
We will happily help you to find the right beach for you.
If you want to really explore North Cornwall then we recommend that you have a car when you stay with us.
For those wishing to reduce their carbon footprint bikes can be hired and delivered to the estate and there are bus services throughout North Cornwall.
The best Train Stations would be either Exeter or Bodmin depending on direction of travel. There is a bus service and car hire available in Exeter.
Our closest airports are Newquay and Exeter which offer a good range of flights.
- Away From It All
- Farm Holidays
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Toys ...
- Video Library ...
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- near the sea
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- bay fishing
- 150 m²
- Master Bedroom Ensuite - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Large shower enclosure with Mira Chrome Rain-maker shower
- Family Bathroom - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Modern White bathroom suite with lovely chrome rain shower
- The bathrooms have all been renovated within the last few years. They have white modern units. The two showers are both thermostatic Mira Rain-maker type showers- we have received really good feedback about them from previous guests. The hot water is on demand.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Master Bedroom - 1 Large Double Bed, Window seat ,country views to South. Ensuite shower room.
- The Bunk Bedroom - 2 Single Bed, Cosy Room, Full Sized Bunk beds.
- Double bedroom - 1 Double Bed, Double bed overlooking the private farmhouse courtyard.
- King Size- South Facing - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Child Bed, Lovely light room overlooking garden. Laura Ashley Furniture
- Our 4 bedrooms are all fitted with good quality furniture. We have paid attention to having comfortable beds with good quality mattresses as we believe the opportunity for a decent night's sleep is a vital factor in your enjoyment of the place.
- Bicycles ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Tennis ...
- Water Sports Gear ...
- 8 bicycles
- Max. occupancy: 9
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered ...
- children welcome ...
- Notes on accommodation: All the cottages have been furnished with quality in mind. Comfortable sofas and beds and well equipped kitchens. We want you to have a good time so we have tried to create a very comfortable home from home. Our previous guests have enjoyed it. The changeover days can usually be co-ordinated to enable group bookings. There is a long open barn in the courtyard and picnic tables can be placed here to enable 'under cover al fresco group eating'. Bed linen is included, please bring your own towels. The property is cleaned at changeover. We can provide travel cots (but don't provide the bedding for these). Outside we have wash-down areas for wetsuits, boards etc. and areas where these can be left to drip-dry under cover. Our previous guests have found this very useful. We have plenty of room to store bicycles. The WiFi and internet access are available only in the shared laundry room and are subject to the bandwidth and service constraints of the provided BT landline. Outside: We are very fortunate to be able to offer our guests some UNIQUE OUTSIDE SPACE. This means; places for picnics, kite flying, den building, exploring, nature spotting and woodland wandering. You can walk from the cottages to an English Heritage Site and to the coast through an ancient wooded valley. Many of our guests enjoy seeing spectacular stars on clear nights. Cycling is great as we are just off the National Cycle Route- bikes can be hired locally and delivered to us. Each of our cottages has access to a BBQ and there are outside chairs and picnic tables too. The Farmhouse has its own private garden all other space is shared but not in short supply! We have practical undercover provision for storing cycles, surf boards and drip-drying wetsuits and outside washdown facilities to get all that sand off! For younger guests we have a wooden play fort and slide which is tucked away behind the courtyard of cottages. Our outside space is to be enjoyed responsibly.