Cottage in Trefin, Nr. St. Davids, Pembrokeshire, Wales - Located On The Edge Of The Village But Five Minutes Walk From The Coastal Path And Aberfelin Cove
This pretty slate roofed Welsh Cottage is situated on the edge of Trefin village in the Pembrokeshire National Park exactly half way between St Davids and Fishguard. The stunning coastal footpath is only a few minutes walk away, and in late summer seal pups can be seen on the beaches under the local cliffs. Good food and drink can be enjoyed at the Ship Inn in the centre of the atmospheric village, and the world famous Sloop Inn at Porthgain is a few minutes drive away. The cottage is full of character, and the enclosed patio at the back of the cottage is a real sun trap just perfect for barbecues, whilst the actual garden is ideally suited for badminton and croquet. The tiny city of St Davids with its memorable cathedral is a short 10 minutes walk drive away, and the family might like to try out the new swimming complex at Blue Lagoon, and the famous Oakwood funfair slightly further afield. The cottage is fully centrally heated but also has a wood burning stove in the sitting room. Please note we normally only let the cottage Saturday to Saturday unless the booking is out of season or a last minute enquiry. Towels can be supplied at an extra cost of £3 each.
Top Traveller Review
Picture perfect Welsh Cottage
About the Owner
5 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
Picture perfect Welsh Cottage
We loved this cottage and the village of Trefin. The cottage was clean, comfortable, much more spacious than it looked on line and very well equipped. The village is pretty and tranquil, and we had lovely evening swims in the cove as the sun went down.
A gorgeous cottage
A beautiful cottage close to all amenities very cosy and comfortable...dogs loved garden and were very secure .. Go to the shed down by beach for food fresh caught fish amazing can't wait to return soon ..
After holidaying in Pembrokeshire for the past 25 years it was a real pleasure to find a cottage as cosy and clean as this one,well equiped and a perfect location.On many occasions the description does not match the property but this one says and has it all. A lovely enclosed garden at the back and the coast path five minutes down the road. A cottage that can be enjoyed anytime of the year as it is warm and welcoming.
A wonderful house to stay in
A really lovely house that was really comfortable and had everything we needed. The garden is a real suntrap. It is in a perfect position too, within walking distance to the coastal path.
Activity and Interests
The cove at Aberfelin with its rock pools, tunnel, sandy and shingle beaches is 5 minutes walk away and from there the coastal path can be picked up.
Glenfor cottage is about 2 3/4 hours drive away from Bristol along the M4.
The centre of Trefin village is less than five minutes walk away, whilst St Davids is about ten minutes drive away. From Trefin to Fishguard takes about 20 minutes.
There is a well stocked mini supermarket at the local petrol station at Square and Compass 5 minutes drive away. St Davids have a good selection of restaurants and banks, and the little fishing village of Porthgain has the world famous Sloop Inn and Shed restaurants about ten minutes drive away. Trefin village has the Ship Inn for good pub food and also the Craft Centre for light lunches.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
29 Oct 2016 - 23 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
21 Dec 2016 - 28 Dec 2016
8 night minimum stay
30 Dec 2016 - 3 Jan 2017
5 night minimum stay
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A deposit of 30% must be made to secure a booking, and final
payment should be made in full two months before start of holiday date.
Saturday 10.30 o'clock am.
Notes on prices:
Electricity and oil: £20 per week September to May, free June to August
Towels can be provided at £3 each per person per week
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- There is one bathroom with bath/shower, and there is a separate w.c.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 and 2 have traditional brass double beds, bedroom 3 has a single bed and bedroom 4 has a bunk bed suitable for children.
- Garden ...
- Notes on accommodation: The bunk room is much like a ships cabin and perfect for children. Outside: Patio doors lead directly from the kitchen onto the south facing patio area which has a teak table and chairs perfect for sunny breakfasts, barbecues and evening drinks. The outside room/shed is also accessible from the patio and this contains further fold away seating and outdoor games such as badminton and croquet. A small gate leads through to the main garden which is laid to turf, and attractive views of farmland can be had from here. Unfortunately Utility Room: The utility room has a washing machine, and tumble drier is to be found in the outside room. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The cottage is cleaned before every let by the caretaker who lives in the village, and she can provide towels at £3 per person per week if required. All other linen is included. Heating and electricity are included in the price. Other: The outside room contains the boiler and tumble drier, also all the garden furniture and barbecue.