Cottage in the country outside Haslemere, Nr. Chichester, Sussex, England - Quiet Rural Location With Fine Views Towards South Downs
The cottage is situated close to the main house with its own parking. Tenants have access to much of the garden and woodland. There are a total of 4 bedrooms all with good cupboard space and 2 bathrooms. The property is comfortably furnished and will easily accommodate 6. The kitchen is well equipped and the adjoining conservatory has a dining table and seating for at least 6. There is also an outside table and seating for eating al fresco. Secure, alarmed garaging is available should a renter be taking a 'special' car to Goodwood. Marley Heights is a private road with very light use. Haslemere is the nearest town offering all the usual facilities and a fast and frequent train service to London.
Top Traveller Review
Calming for the soul!
About the Owner
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Calming for the soul!
This place is absolutely beautiful! I realise people say that sort of thing a lot, but it was. We had lovely weather for a bank holiday weekend, which isn't always a given! But the grounds are stunning and so spacious, with two of our party seeing a deer one day! The whole surrounding area, if you like woodland, just has a soothing effect on the soul, so if you'd like somewhere to step out from the world for a bit, choose this!
Lovely cottage in beautiful setting
We rented this for a long weekend at Goodwood and it was an ideal distance away. Well set up for up to 7 people, comfy and homely and set in a gorgeous surroundings. Nearby local pub (Red Lion in Fernhurst) was great too. We would definitely return and would recommend it to others.
We rented the cottage as a base for business trip to Goodwood. We were greeted on arrival, with everything explained to us about gates, timings etc. The beds were different to stated, 1 x D, 2 x T 1 x s, but this didn't matter to us. The cottage is very spacious, well equipped and full of charm. The setting is delightful, with wonderful views across the Downs. Highly recommended and we will use again.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The cottage is extremely convenient for events at Goodwood, 18 miles, and Cowdray Park, 8 miles, and availability is structured with this in mind.
Chichester, 19 miles and beaches at West Wittering, 24 miles.
Approximate distances: From Heathrow 42 miles. From Gatwick 51 miles. From Bournemouth Airport 75 miles. From Dover 105 miles. From London 47 miles.
Haslemere Station and village are about 3/4 miles away.
Haslemere has a Tesco and Waitrose stores.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
14 Jan 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
To confirm a booking a 25% non refundable deposit of the rental period must be paid. The balance becomes due not later than 6 weeks before the commencement of the booking.
A refundable security deposit to cover damages will also be payable. Renters will be provided with the terms and conditions of their rental. Payment of the non refundable booking deposit will confirm the renters' agreement to the terms and conditions.
Maximum stay 4 nights. No stag or hen parties
Changeover days are flexible within the rental periods. Arrivals are from 4.00 pm and departures by 10.00 am.
Notes on prices:
Pricing is based on a nightly rate with a minimum of two (2) nights.
Occupancy of up to six (6) the price is £230.00 per night.
Non refundable deposit payable to confirm booking of 25%
Balance due 6 weeks prior to arrival.
Refundable damage deposit may be requested.
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning ...
- Fireplace ...
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- bird watching
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 1. Modern with bath, separate shower, WC, basin on first floor with bedrooms 1, 2 & 3. Bathroom 2. Bath with shower attachment, basin, WC on ground floor by bedroom 4.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1. Large L shaped room with double bed 152cmw, good cupboard space. Bedroom 2. With twin beds, good cupboard space. Bedroom 3. With twin beds, good cupboard space. Bedroom 4. With small double bed 128cmw, good cupboard space.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Not suitable for children. No pets. Non smoking accommodation. Please note sizes and configuration of the beds. Outside: The property is in the South Downs National Park, high up with wonderful views. Outside table and chairs provided. Tenants can enjoy the garden outside the cottage, the pond and nearby woodland. Utility Room: Miele vacuum cleaner. Iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are provided. Once a week cleaning service. Other: Conservatory. Double doors from kitchen open into the conservatory/dining area. Door in conservatory into garden.