Magnificent Farmhouses in Disse-sous-le-Lude, La Fleche, Pays de la Loire, France - A Calm And Tranquil Place, So Peaceful The Nightingales Can Be Heard But Close To All The Amenities
There are three houses that can be rented separately out of high season or as a whole for large family and friends holidays and gatherings. La Rosetta sleeps 8 adults with cots and childrens' camp beds. Isabelle sleeps 6 with an extra sofa bed and cots. Bella sleeps a couple, so please look carefully at our charges displayed which out of 'high season' refers to our 'four bedroom' rate, so if you need 5 bedrooms then add 25%. If you just want the three bedroom then reduced by 25%. So now the fun bit.
The houses date back to the 15 century and was part of the Chateau La Mortier. The Friars lived here and milked the cows and produced the cheese and vegetables for the Chateau.
Rosetta has old beams and roses by the kitchen window; Isabelle is more modern in style and has a granny apartment making the fourth bedroom with separate lounge and galley kitchen. Both houses have their own settings overlooking a valley.
The houses are furnished with an eclectic combination of modern and antique furniture. The kitchens are modern and well equipped including fresh herbs & spices and have large comfortable lounges with satellite TV and WiFi. The houses have french windows that open onto private south facing terraces. Bedrooms are with a combination of double and twin beds and memory mattresses as a comfortable nights sleep is of paramount importance in our opinion. There are five modern bathrooms with a combination of baths and showers upstairs and downstairs.
Outside there are landscaped gardens and established walnut, fig and fruit trees and lawns, The very large terraces are surrounded lavender and roses with shady pergolas of wisteria and vines with two large outdoor tables, chairs and parasols for outside dining with an awesome double outdoor charcoal BBQ and the original bread oven has been carefully restored and fit for service to those inspired bakers/outdoor chefs. The terrace outside Rosetta will easily accommodate 20 plus so however large the party you can eat together alfresco and if you are there at the right time, listen to the Nightingales sing late into the evening.
The pool is securely gated in the lower terrace with a sloping path suitable for some one with impaired mobility. The pool terrace has an outdoor shower and an 11 by 5m swimming pool with a telescopic cover so you can swim whatever the weather with the cover open or closed. The pool is salt water and the temperature never drop below 29 and is usually maintained at 31-32 degrees and because of the top it is especially clean. There are sun beds and parasols available.
Top Traveller Review
The property was perfect for our large group.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Thanks the house was lovely and very well equipped, the children loved the pool and table tennis.
Just wanted to say that you have a beautiful house. We had a thoroughly enjoyable time & felt at home as soon as we got there. You have done a fantastic job of creating an amazing holiday home.
Best equipped kitchen we have stayed in! Lovely house as well.
I just wanted to say how much we enjoyed your wonderfully converted farmhouse. Rooms comfortable, and enhanced by a beautiful orchids. Downstairs roomy and well equipped. The depth of the pool was ideal for the youngest and the oldest who both needed to be in their depth, and it was in constant use in all weathers. We were lucky most of the time and only had 2 wet days when I enjoyed painting an interior, through from the lounge, including your splendid mirror and of course the beams.
We had a great week thanks – the gite was lovely and we had a lovely relaxing time...the kids loved the pool and table tennis.
5 based on 9 holidaymaker reviews
The property was perfect for our large group.
The property was exactly what it purported to be. The owner was great to work with. The property was clean and tidy. Everything you needed was there on the property. The pool was great after a day sightseeing. A perfect get away from everything
Wonderful 2 Weeks with Family & Friends
We stayed in Les Blotinieres for 2 weeks. Our family and friends, thoroughly enjoyed the holiday and the accommodation was excellent and suited the 10 adults and 10 children for the 1st week admirably. The swimming pool was outstanding - so much so the children did not want to leave the farm houses so we spent most of that week in and around the pool. We thought the houses were very well equipped for the number of people there and we particularly liked the endless supply of hot water (essential with 10 children!) and the kitchen spice draw.
On the 2nd week we were 16 adults The friends that joined us for that week were really impressed and although the properties could sleep 21, sixteen adults could fit in most comfortably and each couple could have some privacy but enjoy the communal meals on the large terrace. All our friends thought that the location was perfect and an ideal base for visiting the many sites & attractions in the area.
The owner was most helpful and the instructions and suggestions for restaurants and locations to visit was very useful.
Perfect farmhouse in a gorgeous setting
We had a fabulous week at Les Blotinières in the Loire Valley. We went with three generations of family and everyone had a great time from the kids right up to the grandparents! We really enjoyed sitting outside on the lovely patio amongst the lavender having evening drinks and long dinners in front of the gorgeous stone farmhouse. The house gave us a great opportunity to explore the surrounding countryside and we really enjoyed seeing some of the less well known chateaux that were close to the property. The farmhouse was very well equipped with everything we needed and the pool is a lovely setting. We couldn't get the kids out and again lovely long afternoons enjoying the sunbeds by the pool. I would definitely recommend the house to anyone wanting a lovely, relaxing holiday in the French countryside. We look forward to returning!
A wonderful week in a beautiful farmhouse
We went to the farmhouses in Le Lude for a family get away and could not have been more pleased. The farmhouses were spacious and airy, beautifully decorated and had everything that we needed for a fantastic week away.
The house is a pleasant cycle ride from town which had the shops we needed and a wonderful little bakery. We were a short drive from wine tasting heaven and the bigger towns with plenty of restaurants and shopping.
We went with young children and there were plenty of parks and a small waterpark close by. They loved the swimming pool which we could use even on a cooler day, by keeping the cover over, it was perfect.
The local golf course kept some of the chaps entertained while we relaxed and went for country walks.
There was everything we needed in a quiet spot and beautiful surroundings, and enough beds and space to sleep the extended family and friends, which is usually a big ask! The owners were wonderful and extremely helpful throughout and the houses were immaculate.
We are excited to return in the near future!
Relaxing stay in quality home
Everything about these premises have been done with style and care for detail. Lot's of equipment and taste. A very relaxing week was had by all. The actual houses were better in person than the photo's. The pool was superbly clean and warm. The owner couldn't have been more helpful.
Beautiful Gite, and location
From the first contact with Michelle, the Gite owner we felt confident that our annual cycling trip to France would be success.
The description of the Gite was detailed and accurate, if a little difficult to interpret, to ensure it met our particular requirement of 8 individual beds. A phone call to Michelle soon allayed our concerns.
The Gites are finished to a very high standard, and was particularly nice to have towels supplied and bedsmade . The kitchen in the main house was very well equipped even down to an ice cream maker.
The large upright fridge freezer was most welcome, as it made our trips to the supermarket in Le Lude about 6km easier as we knew the food(and wine) could be safely stored away.
There was adequate parking and secure storage for all our bikes.
The area is beautiful, with lush undulating countryside and quiet roads, except for the main D307 which is easily avoided
There are many towns and villages near by worth visiting, especially Saumur with its fairytale Chateau and good shops and restaurants.
All in all I have no hesitation in recommending this Gite for families and large groups of all ages.
Activity and Interests
The nearest Airport is Tours, the following airports are all about 2.5 hrs away - Nantes, Paris Orly, Poitiers, Dinad. To drive it is about 280 miles from Calais about a 5.5 hr drive, or about 2.5 hrs from the ports of Caen, Le Harve or St Malo
A half a mile walk to from Dissé-sous-le-Lude by the little river; or 5 miles into Le Lude, on gentle undulating roads. About 8 miles to La Fleche and there is a dedicated cycle route. The nearest big cities are Tours, Angers, Le Mans and Saumur all about 25 miles away.
There are many great restaurants nearby from the magnificent Quatre Saison by the river in La Fleche to the restaurants built in caves around Saumur to our gastronique La Renaissance in Le Lude & Domaine de la Courbe just outside Le Lude. This area is known as the Garden of France. Every town hosts a market where great seasonal food can be sampled and bought: Le Lude on Thursday, and Wednesday and Sunday in La Fleche where you can enjoy a coffee and a croissants looking onto the market and its colourful array of fresh local produce. The area is renowned for its wines – rosé and white either still and sparkling and some very good reds. Wines from the little known Jasinières appellation to the better known regions are all within an hour’s drive. For the cultural orientated, the chateaux and rose gardens are breath taking, some with a story attached such Chateau D’Ussé and Sleeping Beauty, others built to accommodate kings and lords and their sporting parties. This was once part of England and there is plenty of history to be seen for those interested. There are a number of musical and food festivals over summer at various Chateaux such as ‘Le Weekend des Jardiniers’ at Chateau Le Lude in the beginning of June and the 'Spectaculars' in the neighbouring Chateau at Baugé. There is horse racing at Ecommoy and Saumur: the Cadre Noir (the National French Horse Riding School) have open days where they demonstrate their training techniques and they host World and European Equestrian Events. In mid June Le Mans 24 racing takes over the region but there are many other motor races organised such as vintage cars rallies and tours. The Tour de France also comes through Le Lude. There are nature reserves and woods with wonderful walks and rides; some of these reserves combine natural lakes with swimming and pedalos for the children such as Lac Rille. There are parks involved in breeding endangered species as well as hosting some amazing displays particularly at the Zoo La Fleche.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
1 Apr 2017 - 26 May 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Early Summer 2017
27 May 2017 - 21 Jul 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
High Summer 2017
22 Jul 2017 - 3 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A non refundable deposit per propertyof £200 for each week booked. There is £200 per property refundable security deposit. Full payment is due 8 weeks prior to start to holiday or time of booking if less that 8 weeks. From 19th July to 6th September, both houses are let together. During other periods La Rosetta and Les Isabelle are let separately at the same price. Special prices for longer lets are available on request. All houses are heated. The pool will normally be opened from16th May to 1st November.
Saturday afternoon to the following Saturday morning; maybe flexible depending on availability - call the Owner on 00447904436288
Notes on prices:
We are happy to negotiate special deals for out of season lets. Please contact me by email email@example.com or call 00447904436288 if you require further information. Thank you for your interest. Michelle
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Farm Holidays
- Sports & Activities
- Air Conditioning ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- Private Chef
- Events Allowed
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- live theatre
- naturist beach
- theme parks
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Shower room 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 6 - Outdoor Shower
- All bathrooms are modern and heated. All upstairs bathrooms have a bath and shower and toilet. All downstairs bathroom have large walk in power showers and toilets. Toilet paper is supplied. Towels are supplied free of charge.
- 8 Bedrooms, Sleeps 21
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, 1 Child Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Single Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Child Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 6 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 7 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Sofa bed/Futon
- Bedroom 8 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Three properties accomodating 2 to 21 as required Notes on bedrooms: All the rooms have a combination of double or two single beds with memory foam mattresses and linen is provide. The master bedroom in La Rosetta has a cot. In Les Isabelle there is a sofa bed in the lounge. Additional cots/futons are available.
- Bicycles ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Booking Possible
- Booking Possible
- Catering available
- Notes on accommodation: Both houses have been refurbished to a high specification. La Rosetta has a large open planned entrance hall from which the kitchen and lounge lead off: the kitchen is super large capable of catering for 21 with range cooker and the lounge is comfortable with leather sofas and a wood burner. Les Isabelle is open planned with kitchen, diner and lounge with the original fireplace and leather sofas one being a sofa bed. Satellite TV's and free WiFi, a library of books and board games as well as cards & card tables are available in both houses. All bedrooms are a combination of double or twin bedded rooms and mattresses are memory foam for a comfortable night’s sleep, there are extra cots on request. All bed linen is provided. The upstairs bathrooms are modern with a bath and above bath shower and downstairs are large shower rooms with a walk-in power showers. All towels are provided and emergency toiletries are available. There is a shared laundry room with washing machine. Outside: French windows open onto private south facing terraces with large outdoor tables and parasols. The terraces have views over the valley. Les Isabelle terrace overlooks the lower pool terrace. The pool is single depth, 11x5m saltwater pool with a stepped roman end & swim jet. It is heated with a solar blanket and top, water temp. is 30+ degrees by June. The roll on/off enclosure allows you to swim either with the covers on or off or partially on, whatever the weather. The pool terrace with outdoor shower is a sun trap and sun loungers and parasols are provided. In the garden there is a combination of walnut, fig and fruit trees for guest’s consumption. The gardens have been newly laid with lawns and modern grass & bamboos beds and roses, in keeping with the regions love of ‘La Rosa’. There is an outdoor table tennis table and BBQs. Bikes are also available FOC. Utility Room: The Laundry Room houses the washing machine, rotary clothes driers, iron and the ironing board etc. as well as a full complimentary range of cleaning equipment and cleaning products for the convenience of the guests. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen plus 1 hand & bath towel per guest. More towels and linen are available at a small charge. The house is expected to be left in a clean and orderly state, it is professionally cleaned before and after each let. A house clean service is available.