Apartment in Cannes/Mandelieu, Cote D'Azur, France - 5k To Beach, Car Necessity, Near Cannes! Swimming Pools
Fabulous, south facing, top floor, air conditioned 2-storey apartment, on a hillside with stunning views of the bay of Cannes and Esterel hills, in a prestigious, private and secure, gated domain, Le Grand Duc. The apartment has a shared, outdoor 10 x 5 pool, a further 20 x 10 pool half a mile down the hill for residents of the domain and access to "le Club", the domain's sports complex that you can use for a fee with tennis, gym, paddling pool, larger pool, table tennis and classes. The apartment is on the edge of a national park with miles of trails for walking, cycling, photography and wildlife. The location is peaceful, being the highest building in the domain but only 10 mins by car from the coast. The apartment has air conditioning downstairs, portable fans for upstairs use and measures 77m2 with a terrace of 16m2. It is well equipped and has everything we think you will need for a lovely holiday.
About the Owner
We have 2 properties in the Core D'Azur, one in Mandelieu, a coastal retreat and the other in Isola 2000 for skiing and summer alpine activities. We advertise both on Owners Direct and can also offer fabulous 2 centre holidays. As sisters, we bought apartment in Mandelieu 10 years ago in the pre-children, reckless era.
I live in Bath and my sister, Julia, in Weybridge. We used to sit together for days in the car, when in the early 80s, our parents used to tow the caravan from Huddersfield to the Cote D'Azur every summer, a form of slow torture for children until we were released into glorious sunshine. So, given the ease of now being able to jump on Easyjet to Nice, we did not look back.
The Isola 2000 property, I bought with my husband in 2009 as we love the resort and mountain air
From the Owner
“We bought the apartment on the Grand Duc, Mandelieu primarily due to the combination of places to visit: fantastic beaches, Mediterranean climate, magnificent views, excellent restaurants and day trips has meant that we have thoroughly enjoyed every holiday in Mandelieu and never want to come home! The A8 motorway is 4km away and so visiting the Monaco Grand Prix, Cannes Film Festival, night life in Nice, Grasse, St Tropez etc is easy. We appreciate being able to enjoy a day at the beach or a walk around St Paul de Vence, sight seeing in Monaco and then being able to come home to a secluded, tranquil air conditioned apartment with magnificent views of the coast and mountains.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Cycling: this is an amazing location for a cycling holiday. There is a bike store in the garage where you can secure and wash bikes. The apartment is 15 minutes cycle from the Maurice Chavalier open air, municipal velodrome which is free to the public. We are 10 minutes cycle from the start of the Gold Coast, a beautiful, rolling scenic route down to St Raphael where many of the local cycle teams train. The apartment is also on the edge of the national park with miles and miles of free mountain biking trails.
Hiking: The apartment is on the edge of the Esterel national park so you can hill walk for miles and miles off road in peace and quiet with magnificent views and nature.
La Napoule 5km
Theoule sur Mer 10km
Cannes Beaches 7km
All with good, safe, sandy beaches and facilities. Perfect for kids.
Nearest AIRPORT - Nice: 35 KM
Nearest FERRY - Cannes: 7 km
Nearest TRAIN - La Napoule: 3 km
Nearest MOTORWAY - A8 Junction 40: 4km
Unless you are national level cyclist or fell runner, you will definitely need a car, we always use Nice airport for car rental.
The lovely port of La Napoule is 5km away
Cannes and it's famous 'Croisette' 7km.
Antibes (20 minutes) with it's charming old town, Picasso museum and colourful local market.
Nice 30 mins by car (stony beaches, sight seeing etc.)
Frejus 30mins by car (Roman town with excellent market)
Lac de St Cassien 20 mins by car (water sports, swimming, restaurants)
Mandelieu with its shops and two large supermarkets is 5 minutes drive away.
Our wonderful agents in Mandelieu who will check you in and out of the apartment are English and own their own place also in Mandelieu. We have found them to be an excellent source of information, should you need to ask anything whilst you are staying at the apartment.
The standard arrival time is from 4pm and a departure by 10am. Early arrival or late departures can be booked for an additional £30 if the apartment is free.
Additional pricing information
|End of Stay Clean||£30|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
Changeover day is usually on a Saturday but we understand the benefit of getting cheaper, mid-week flights in and out of Nice so are flexible on changeover days, where possible.
25% of rental price on reservation.
Balance 1 month prior to arrival plus deposit of £500 or 650 euros to be sent to us at least 1 week before arrival at the apartment or to be given directly to our agent on arrival. It will be returned in full at the end of stay provided that the apartment is left as it was when you arrived.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We all have different favourite things to do whilst we are out there. The girls love the beaches, shopping in designer boutiques in Cannes or chilling with a book on the balcony and a glass of rose. The boys love fishing in the rock pools in La Napoule, playing with their friends in the pool, boating on Lac St Cassien or their favourite, going to Marineland! The husbands are still trying to go to the Monte Carlo Grande Prix! A firm family favourite is a day trip to the Ils de St Lerin, 20 mins by a smart ferry from Cannes harbour. We take a picnic and snorkel, swim, walk or watch for dolphins. In short our apartment offers an unbeatable combination of exciting things to do, fabulous scenery, tranquil, secluded location, wonderful climate, lovely accommodation and breathtaking views.”
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- near the sea
- botanical garden
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- gambling casinos
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- roller blading
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- 77 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom with bath/shower over, sink, cupboards and integrated washing machine, heated towel rail. Separate WC and sink.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Sofa bed/Futon, Pulls out into 2 separate single beds
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2/3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: King size bed, firm mattress, wardrobes, bedside tables, patio doors to terrace. Bedroom 2: upstairs, king size bed, firm mattress, wardrobes, bedside tables. Bedroom 3/open plan mezzanine: sofa bed converting to 2 x single beds.
- Notes on accommodation: There is a large, retractable canopy powered by electric motor that can provide shade over half the terrace should you wish. On hot days, we often roll out the canopy first thing in the morning, as the apartment faces south, the sun quickly heats up the balcony tiles which can then emit heat into apartment during the night, despite the air conditioning. It is not advisable to put out the canopy on windy days. The outdoor pools are heated from the beginning of May to the end of October. Outside: 16m2 terrace with 2 steamers for sunbathing and a family sized table for al fresco dining. The terrace is bathed in sunshine from early morning until evening, this area being renowned for its spectacular sunsets. Beautiful, well maintained gardens with mature shrubs. Far reaching views from the grounds including a spectacular view of Cannes Bay from the swimming pool gardens. Access from gardens to Esterel National Park with miles of walking and mountain bike trails. Tranquil location with quiet neighbours. To the back of the property, lovely, shared pool with sunbathing area and security railings to protect children. Utility Room: Washing Machine, heated towel rail and free standing airer available. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Rental fee includes: 2 towels per person 1 set bed linen per person 2 hour clean on departure (assuming apartment left in reasonable condition. If further cleaning is required this will be taken out of deposit.) Airport Meet and Greet (extra charge) Other: Toy boxes with toys for children, plenty of books, many decent videos for kids and adults, large flat screen TV hooked up to British free-sat TV so you can watch BBCs, ITVs as you would at home.