House in Millook, Nr. Bude, Cornwall, England - A Perfect Place To Escape The Hustle Of Everyday Life And Enjoy The Cornish Coast At Its Best
Millook House is a traditional Cornish cottage located on the North Cornwall Coast. The house has been carefully restored with modern living in mind whilst retaining its unique character through beautiful granite fireplaces, original slate floors, exposed beams in the bedrooms and wood burning stoves. Millook House is only seconds away from the renown surfing of Millook Beach. A great beach to go rock pooling and to watch the sun set over Atlantic Ocean. It is well located to explore North Cornwall and beyond through its many nearby sandy beaches of Widemouth Bay, Bude and Crackington Haven and towns of Bude, Boscastle and Tinagel.
If you like the sound of Millook House but don't want the full size we can spilt the property to sleep 7 guests in 3 bedrooms, 2 king size and 3 singles out of season. The property retains its character and key facilities including the playroom and downstairs toilet. This can only be done during term time.
Top Traveller Review
Fantastic week in lovely family cottage
About the Owner
My name is Sam Ellis, I live in Lewes, East Sussex with my Husband Ben and my three daughters Georgia (10 years), Olivia (6 years) and Eva (4 years) and our newly acquired puppy Biscuit. My Husband and I run our own company in Lewes which allows us to spend as much time as possible in our house in Cornwall. We get the best of both worlds the beautiful countryside of The South Downs and the dramatic seascape of Millook.
Guestbook comments from the owner
A guest book is located in the house with notes on where people have been, recommendations and comments on their stay. Please feel free to add your own thoughts and comments.
1 holidaymaker review
Fantastic week in lovely family cottage
Fantastic venue; metres from a secluded cove which was great for kids to rockpool. Layout was great to accommodate the 6 adults and 5 children in our party, with all the facilities and linen we needed. Would highly recommend this and the local beach at Widemouth!
From the Owner
“We bought Millook House in 2010 as a family home from home as we were spending so much of our holidays in Cornwall that we decided to buy here. If you visit you will be able to tell it is truly a family house and not just another rental property. We have three young girls who love holidaying there as they can go to the beach by themselves to go rock pooling and climbing or wander in the woods behind the house with new found independence. However, we decided Millook House should be lived in as much as possible and not just wait for us hence the reason for putting it up for holiday let. Lots of family and friends have enjoyed holidays there and we feel it should be made available for other families to holiday in to.”
Activity and Interests
The cottage is 20 metres from Millook Beach which has a reputation with the professional surfers if the conditions are right and is great for watching. It is a stoney beach with lots of rock climbing and rock pooling available at low tide and a stream flows through the middle of the beach which is perfect for dam building.
A car is essential for your stay at Millook House as it is in a hamlet. The nearest airport is Newquay Airport approximately an hours drive away.
The nearest local shop and fishmongers is approximately 5 minutes drive at Widemouth Bay. Bude is approximately a 10 minute drive and Crackington Haven a National Trust beach with a lovely cafe is the same distance in the opposite direction. Wadebridge, Padstow and Rock are about a 40 minutes drive and the Eden Project is just over an hour. Tintagenal and Boscastle are about 20 minutes drive. Of course there are many many beaches to chose from nearby including the No 1 voted beach The Strangles.
Bude is an excellent working town which will meet all your holiday needs with lots of restaurants, lovely local deli's, most banks, Sainsburys, Co-op and Morrisons. There is also a swimming pool, local golf course and ten pin bowling.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
5 Nov 2016 - 1 Apr 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
All bookings start and finish on a Saturday. A deposit of 25 % is required upon confirmation of booking and then the full payment 6 weeks prior to the holiday. A refundable £300 deposit is required.
The house can be split to sleep only 7 people during mid and low season and the price will be reflected so please inquire.
New Year and May Bank Holiday are considered under High Season.
Change over day is on a Saturday. Arrival from 4 pm that day and departure by 10 am.
Notes on prices:
This is a rough guide, please call to discuss further. Long weekends in low and mid season are possible as well as splitting the house to sleep 7. This will be reflected in the price.
Low Season - October, November, December (not the 2 weeks at Christmas and New Year please see below), January, February, March, April will be charged at £1,000.
Mid Season - May, June, September, Christmas and New Year will be charged at £1,500.
High Season - July and August will be charged at £2,000.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“A major benefit is the proximity of Millook Beach to the house as it is just across the road and we never get bored of walking down to it as there is always something new to look at. We can also pick up the South West Coastal Path which is literally on our door step or if you don't feel like being active hiding in the house with the log burning stove and watching a good DVD. The ultimate has to be watching the sun set over the Atlantic Ocean with a glass of wine and just experiencing the quiet and watching the waves crash onto the beach. The stars are pretty spectacular to.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- There are 2 large family bathrooms upstairs. Ben's Bathroom has a large walk in shower, wc and sink. My bathroom has a bath, walk in shower, wc and sink. A cast iron bath is located in The Grandma's Room downstairs and a toilet in the utility room.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 11 in 5 Bedrooms or 7 in 3 bedrooms. Notes on bedrooms: Upstairs there are 4 bedrooms, The Seaview Room with 1 king size bed and views of the sea. The Courtyard Room has a king size bed, The Children's Room has 3 single beds and The French Room has 1 king size bed. Downstairs The Grandmas Room has 1 double bed
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Recycling is encouraged and a recycling bin is provided outside the property. Outside: There is private south facing courtyard garden a perfect place to sunbath on the 2 Adirondack chairs or to enjoy an outside shower to wash the sand off from the beach. There is a large outside table which easily seats 12 and large Weber BBQ. A washing line has also been provided. Utility Room: Includes washing machine, tumble dryer, sink, iron and ironing board. The utility room also accommodates a downstairs toilet. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The beds are all made up with White Company bed linen and towels. The property will be cleaned prior to arrival and on departure. If staying over a week a Saturday clean and bed change will be included. Please provide your own beach towels. Other: The playroom is located next the playroom and has its own TV, DVD player and Wii. There is also a selection of toys, books, DVD's and board games.