Farmhouse in Ano Manna, Syros, Greece - Peaceful Secluded Location Set Amongst Olive And Cypress Trees Close To The Aegean Sea
Manna is a delightful 19th Century Farmhouse which has been cleverly restored to retain many of its traditional Greek features. This is one of Syros' hidden treasures with original tiled floors, wooden bread ovens and thick stone walls which keep the house cool in summer. The house is set amongst extensive gardens with pine trees and olive terraces surrounding the private plunge pool which is perfect for a quick dip. The two outside verandas are ideal for relaxing with a book, al-fresco dining or simply enjoying the spectacular views across the surrounding countryside. Reached by a small country lane, this is the ideal place to experience authentic Greece.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
You should definitely visit Galissas and Kini beaches.The seashore is golden sandy and trees along the coast provide shade and lovely breeze. The beach has been awarded with the EU Blue Flag award, which assures the cleanness of its waters. Windsurfing is a very popular activity at this resort and there are also chances to practice other water sports. The sunsets here are the best on the island!
Ermoupolis isn't only the capital of Syros, but also the capital of the Cyclades and thus well-connected with Athens. The itineraries from Piraeus, the port of Athens, to Ermoupolis (Syros) are daily and the trip takes about 4 hours by normal ferry.
There is a daily morning flight from Athens (35 minutes) by Olympic Air. Regular hydrofoils connect Syros to Mykonos (1 hour) and Tinos (40 minutes).
Syros is unlike many of the better known islands. It is as yet unspoiled by tourism and has a large natural harbour in the local town of Ermoupolis (only 10 minutes away), which was once the main port of Greece and is lined with many impressive neo-classical buildings. The old town has a maze of traffic-free streets which are great fun to explore and to discover the city's charm. The great number of beautiful beaches will delight the sea and sand lovers - the nearest being only 10 mins away.
There are lots of local delicacies on Syros - Halva pie (a pie made of thyme honey and roasted almonds), loukoúmi (a delight made of water, starch and sugar), “loosa” ham, fennel sausages and the San Mihalis spicy cheese.
The nearest taverna is under 10 mins by car and the nearest large supermarket only 5 minutes away. A "must" is the closeby Ano Syros, a nice village almost attached to Ermoupolis. From the square of Ano Syros, you have a stunning view of Ermoupolis and the busy port. This is the coffee spot with the best vista on the island!
In the afternoon, go for a swim in Kini, a sandy beach about 10 km east of Ermoupolis. Lovely tavernas and cafeterias can be found by the beach and many tourist facilities. Although this an organised beach, it still remains unspoilt by tourism.
To the south of the island are two lovely fishing villages - Finikas and Poseidonia - both of which have lovely beaches and tavernas offering fresh fish and traditional dishes.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
18 Sep 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
6 May 2017 - 21 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
22 Jul 2017 - 8 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A booking is not confirmed until 50% of the rental sum has been received. In the event of cancellation, this will be refunded if the property is later let during the relevant period. The full rental sum is due not less than 2 weeks prior to the period commencing. A security deposit against breakages may be required.
The rental includes: A cleaner once a week and laundry changed once a week. The pool is also cleaned regularly and the gardener is able to assist should any problems arise.
Notes on prices:
If interested in availability outside listed period please contact owner.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- 180 m²
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 en-suite to Bedroom 1 with shower and wc Bathroom 2 en-suite to Bedroom 2 with shower and wc Bathroom 3 shower and wc Bathroom 4 en-suite to bedroom 4 with shower and wc
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed Bedroom 2 with twin beds Bedroom 3 with twin beds Bedroom 4 with twin beds
- Terrace ...
- Garden ...
- Veranda ...
- Notes on accommodation: This delightful, secluded, comfortable home has been restored with a clever blend of old and new. The well equipped kitchen/diner still has the original decorative tiles and one of the cosy sitting rooms has a large wood burning stove in case of chilly evenings. The use of colour, soft furnishings, locally crafted floor coverings and textiles make this a unique place to stay. All the bedrooms have been tastefully decorated by the artist owner, with lovely antique furniture and comfortable beds. Each bedroom has its own bathroom (3 of which are en-suite) and lovely views. Our cleaner comes once a week to clean the house and the laundry is also changed weekly. We are happy to arrange additional domestic help at an hourly rate. Outside: Manna is a delight at any time of year. Set in 20 acres of gardens and countryside, covered with wild herb, thyme, sage and oregano, this is the perfect place to enjoy the Aegean seasons - in spring the gardens are fresh and green and carpeted with wonderful flowers. The large plunge pool is secluded amongst olive, pine and cypress trees with shaded areas around it for a snooze during the afternoon sun. There are two covered verandas - one has a bamboo roof and is perfect for al-fresco dining around the large wooden table. The second pergola has comfortable furniture to relax and enjoy the stunning views across the gardens. There are woodland paths through the gardens which are perfect for exploring the nearby countryside. The gardener comes in during the week to water the plants and clean the pool - he speaks perfect English and is a mine of information! Utility Room: The seperate Utility Room has a washing machine. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen included. Maid service and cleaning once a week. Towels and Linen changed once a week. Other: There is a second sitting room which is also perfect for a snooze or to simply relax with a book at the end of the day.