Villa in Albufeira, Areias de Sao Joao, Central Algarve, Portugal - Peaceful Location, 5 Min Walk To Beach, Walking Distance To All Amenities, Local-giro Bus 20m
Upstairs balcony looks towards the ocean with snippets of the sea. Downstairs is a private enclosed garden with your private built in BBQ. The complex has a locked entrance, a motorised gate, so it is quite secure and very private. There is a large pool and shallower children´s pool and attractive extremely well maintained very spacious gardens all around, with a Tennis court. It takes 15 minutes to walk along the beach into the old town of Albufeira with its shops, bars and restaurants and fantastic night life. The famous Strip/Street of the Bars is 8 min walk. You do not need a car as the bus-Giro service is very good. There are plenty sightseeing tours available, car hire is available at the airport. There are wonderful beaches and villages along the coast. A short trip inland takes you to the old Algarve where life has not changed much for years. 4 min drive from Balaia Village Golf Course, 10 min to Salgados Golf Course and 20 min from all the courses at Vilamoura.
Top Traveller Review
A super place to stay
It was a great pleasure to have you at villa Sol ,
we are gratefull to your kind words ,
and will strive always to give our guests the best ,
we are hoping to have you & Family , as our guest ,
in the near future ,
we send our best regards to you & family ,
Manuela & Branca
About the Owner
4.3 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
A super place to stay
We have just got back from a 7 night stay at villa sol, it was immaculate very clean and everything you could need for a great holiday. Manuela had sorted return transfers out for us, and was there to greet us, what a lovely lady she gave us lots of information on the local area. It was a great location only a short walk from the beach and the old town. With several restaurants and bars near by. I would highly recommend a stay at villa sol. Antoinetts
wonderful place to stay
Just back from a great break in villa sol, stayed for 15 nights and everything was just perfect.
Sol is extremely clean and well maintained.Everything provided even flat screens in the bedrooms which my kids used while we were getting ready to go out or having an early night, bring a few shows on a usb and your all set.Downstairs tv doesnt take usbs but plenty of english speaking channels to keep you entertained with about 5 english movie channels alone, a little light on kids shows though so mainly used upstairs for that.
Very comfortable house and only a few steps from a great pool.
Many days we had the pool to ourselves, with great gardens for my kids 4 &7 to play on along with a secure tenniscourt in which to explore!
We didnt hire a car and for our first visit to the area was not required.
Location is perfect, few minute walk to the strip and a few minute walk the other way to catch the small noddy train to the old town so you have the best of both worlds.Beach is also in walking distance, took us about 15 mins going slowly with the kids, no buggy with us this year which slowed us down abit.
Manuela and branca are perfect hosts, there when you need them but lets you get on with it, i took branca up on her kind offer of a shop run when we got there and meant we were well set for first few days.
We are going to book again for next year once we get dates sorted and everyone looking forward to it already.
Happy to give a strong recomendation.
A word of caution on albufeira itself around taxis, none available at busy times and you could be waiting over an hr at night for one, that is why this house is in such a good location where the train runs till around midnight from the oldtown to near your front door and you can easily walk to new town so we didnt have to use taxis
We have just stayed at this lovely house in a fantastic location 15 nights and had a great holiday. We were there with another couple. We were met at the airport by the owners daughter Branca who couldn't have been more helpful, taking us to the supermarket where we were able to stock up on essentials, food beer etc. She also helped us to settle in and gave us loads of information about the locality. The house itself is wonderful; very modern, clean and well thought out with 2 good bedrooms and 3 lovely bathrooms. The walk to The Strip is a gentle 5 -10 minute stroll and Albuferia 15 - 20 mins or take the regular bus where there are a lovely variety of restaurants, bars and shops. Several beaches within a 10 min walk and beautiful pool surrounded by well maintained gardens. The house couldn't have been better positioned, it was ideal. The owner was very helpful sorting out our stay with lots of communication. We would totally recommend this lovely house in a prime location
Activity and Interests
The nearest beach is Forte de Sao Joao, 5 minutes quiet walk away. Long sandy beach with rocks and cliffs behind-you can walk one way to the old town of Albufeira and the other way is a stunning cliff walk to Oura Beach. Quaint/small Aveiros beach (8 min walk)There are countless beautiful other beaches-nearby are Arrifes, São Rafael, Coelha, Castelo, Evaristo, Manuel Lourenço, and Galé to the West with Aveiros, Oura and Santa Eulália to the East.
Faro is the nearest airport to Albufeira and is a 40 min drive from the villa. Car hire is available and can usually be booked with your flight or from the airport. Alternatively you can hire a taxi or transfer for your airport journeys - it is not essential to have a car whilst staying at Vilas Marisol. The local bus service (Giro & EVA) is very good too.
Albufeira is in the very middle of the Algarve, so it is convenient for visiting all the other towns, villages, beaches and places of interest. It is about 2 hours by road to Lisbon and also 2 hours to Seville in Spain. Albufeira is 1 hour by road from the Spanish border. There are plenty of coach trips on offer - these are excellent and good value for money. A variety of scenic (Caves & Coastline) and Dolphin boat trips as well as Para-Sailing are on offer from the Marina of Albufeira.
Vilas Marisol, are within walking distance from a bakery, small supermarket, restaurants and bars. The larger supermarkets are only a few minutes by car as are more shops, banks etc.
There is a weekly market in Albufeira and a popular gypsy market. All the towns in the Algarve have regular markets and you can find unusual bargains as well as Portuguese pottery and leather goods at excellent prices.
Just outside Albufeira is Algarve Shopping (15 min by car), a large shopping mall with lots of shops, bowling alley, restaurants and a multi screen cinema. The Algarve beaches offer every type of watersport - surfing, windsurfing, water skiing, jet ski, fishing to name but a few. there are tennis courts at Balaia Village which can be booked and like the golf are only 4 min drive away.
Scuba-Diving, Snorkelling, Reef Fishing, Dophin searches, Caves and Coastline Boat Tours can be found at the Marina of Albufeira, within a 6 minute drive.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
At time of booking we require a 20% non-refundable deposit and the balance payable 8 weeks before your holiday. We accept direct bank transfers to our Portuguese Bank Account.
We prefer Saturday changeover days, but are prepared to be flexible. Please be prepared to leave the villa by 11am on your departure day and to arrive any time after 4pm on the first day.
Notes on prices:
Prices are in £ per week....
Wi-fi access @ €10-00 per week.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- 3 Bathrooms one is en-suite on the 1st floor and has shower, WC, bidet and basin. 2nd Bathroom is a communal bathroom on 1st floor, bath with shower over, wash basin, bidet and WC. Downstairs there is a cloakroom with WC and wash basin.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Main bedroom has double bed, balcony with great views, and flat screen TV. 2nd double bedroom has 2 single beds,(additional air-mattress if necessary), great views. Both bedrooms have wardrobes, drawers & bedside tables, lampshades and air-conditioning.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: "Villa"F",or "FÉRIAS",is a 2 bedroom, 3 bathroom villa, in the complex Vilas Marisol;it is a spacious two levelled Villa, with beautiful Decor and quality furniture, for comfort and style. It is a Vila always flooded in light, even with closed shutters because of its interior garden. The modern fully fitted kitchen has the very latest appliances with granite work tops. This villa was tastefully decorated with quality furniture throughout. It is situated within spacious manicured attractive communal gardens, which are well maintained with shared pool which includes a shallow children´s side, with its own tennis court too. The villa has its own small enclosed private garden with built in BBQ for close family meals and sun downers. This private enclosed garden has a table and 6 chairs for outdoor meals, sunbeds, and a parasol for the garden or pool side. The large pool is facing south surrounded by lush flower gardens with outside shower & WC, the tennis court is close by. Private carport Outside: Villa "FÉRIAS", in the Vilas Marisol Complex, is situated within attractive manicured spacious communal gardens which are well maintained. Vila "B" has its own small private garden w/BBQ. This private garden has a table and 6 chairs for outdoor meals, sunbeds, and a parasol for the garden or pool side use. The large communal/shared pool is at the back of the house, facing south, with a shallower, children´s pool. The tennis court is well maintained and is also found in these massive well manicured gardens. Lots of space for the children to ride bicycles, run, play and enjoy. The carport is in front of the house w/ a smaller private garden at the entrance. Spacious Complex within walking distance to all amenities and a variety of night life. Enclosed secure complex w/ motorised gate. Tranquil and peaceful, yet walking distance to restaurants, bars, bus, post-office, beaches etc. Vila "FÉRIAS" has exceptionally modern quality furnishings, beautiful Decor, in a tranquil, peaceful setting. Utility Room: Ironing board & iron, bucket and mop, broom etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen, except beach towels, are included in the rental price. The linen is changed weekly and the villa is also cleaned once a week. A middle weekly clean can be organised at an extra cost.