Cottage in Long Sutton, Lincolnshire, England - Set In Peaceful Walled Grounds, Opposite The Cricket Ground And Close To Local Amenities
Delamore Cottage, which is attached to the owners' early 18th century historic house (1705), has been recently refurbished and redecorated using good quality textiles, linen and furnishings. Both house and cottage are set in grounds of just under an acre and the cottage has its own terrace, with furniture, overlooking the rear garden; a heated indoor swimming pool (16' x 33') is available, by arrangement, from June to early September. Delamore House is one of Long Sutton's Historic Houses. The North Norfolk coast is only a short drive away while many National Trust houses, Sandringham House and the cathedral cities of Ely, Peterborough, Norwich and beautiful Lincoln are all within easy reach as is Cambridge. Within easy walking distance are local shops, chemist, doctor,dining pubs, banks and post office. There are several restaurants within a few miles. Big skies and wonderful sunsets come as standard!
Top Traveller Review
Couldn't have been betterCouldn't have been better
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
4.7 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
Couldn't have been better
We hired in the cottage for about 10 days for a work trip and on the last night family came to join us. We can honestly say Sue and John couldn't have been more thoughtful. The rooms were pretty, clean, relaxing. They made sure we were able to access Wi-fi, so important when on business (or increasingly holiday) The swimming pool was also a great offer! On our last day they gave us a list of lovely places to go on to in neighbouring Norfolk. We'd go back for work or pleasure, we loved it, our colleagues loved it, the kids loved it. Book in if you can.
Very nice property and owners
We very much enjoyed our stay and the owners are very nice and helpful.
The property is nicely decorated and well equipped. The garden is also great for children.
Thank you for a wonderful time.
We had a wonderful week! We could not have been made more welcome - Sue and John were delightful hosts ensuring we had everything we needed. The cottage was spotlessly clean and cosy with a fresh appearance, the only thing that took a bit of getting used to was the telescopic showers in each bathroom. We soon learnt that it didn't pay to run the dishwasher/washing machine while trying to shower! This all added to the charm and was never a big problem. We would definitely recommend staying here.
Activity and Interests
The Peter Scott Walk and Guy's Head are both located on the Wash and are roughly a 5 minute drive away. The beaches on the North Norfolk coastline are about 45 minutes by car.
Norwich Airport is about 1 hour away by car and Stansted Airport is approximately 1 hour 30 minutes away.Although a car is recommended there is a regular bus service to King's Lynn mainline station which has direct train links to London, Cambridge and Ely. There are also frequent buses to Spalding Railway Station where regular trains run to Lincoln and Peterborough.
5 minute walk to town centre and: supermarket, dining pub, chemist, post office, medical centre, vet, banks, library and Time Out.
No visit to Long Sutton would be complete without a visit to Time Out for "Gifts,Interiors,Hair & Beauty" of the highest quality.
Designer clothes,shoes and handbags are available at Sheila Tiller.
Special Features and Leisure.
The area offers a wealth of opportunity for exploring wildlife and history and also for cycling and walking.
The Church of St. Mary the virgin dates from 1170 and has a wooden lead covered spire and is the earliest, tallest and well preserved one in the country ; plaques to the Delamores
can be found there, other local history focuses on Delamore house itself where in 1739, a Mr Maurice Delamore, the local magistrate, signed a warrant for the arrest of Richard Palmer (an alias for Dick Turpin).
Belton House, less than an hour by car, "The perfect English country-house estate" is the setting for Lady Catherine's house in the BBC version (Colin Firth!) of "Pride and Prejudice" has Lincolnshire's largest adventure playground.
King’s Lynn (16 miles) is a Hanseatic Town with many beautiful buildings. Be adventurous and explore further afield: Sandringham House and Woods, the attractions of the North Norfolk Coast and Nelson’s birthplace are about … miles from King’s Lynn. Snettisham Park a working farm with trails, walks and even a deer safari.
Other “big houses” in Norfolk include Holkham Hall and the National Trust houses of Oxborough, Blickling and Felbrigg.
The Fitzwilliam Museum and its Art Gallery in Cambridge is highly recommended as are the museums in Norwich and Lincoln.
Burghley House is near the pretty town of Stamford and its wide range of independent shops; Stamford is also home to the George Hotel, an outdoor , but covered, Shakespeare theatre (Tolethorpe Hall) and a thriving Arts Centre.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
21 Dec 2016 - 28 Dec 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
29 Dec 2016 - 4 Jan 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A deposit of 20% is required at the time of booking (non refundable unless we are able to re let) Full payment to be made 6 weeks prior to commencement of the holiday. A £200 damage deposit is required refundable within a week of booking end. Payment can be made by cash, cheque or by internet banking.
Usually Saturday for stays of 7 days however we endeavour to be as flexible as possible.
The cottage is available anytime after 4pm and departure is by 10 am.
Notes on prices:
A general guide to the pricing of a short break:
Divide the weekly price by 5 and then multiply by the number of days you wish to stay.
We are happy to give a "small party" (1 or 2 adults and 1 child under 5) discount of 15% on breaks of between 4 and 7 days during low season and we are also happy to accept one well behaved dog at NO EXTRA COST at any time.
payment can be made by internet banking or by cheque (payable to J Foley). see booking notes below.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- bird watching
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- The ground floor bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with telephone shower. The bedrooms on the first floor share the separate family bathroom which also has a telephone shower.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: ground floor double en-suite with French doors to terrace. Bedroom 2: first floor double with fitted painted wardrobe. Bedroom 3: first floor twin room with painted fitted wardrobe. The first floor has a separate family bathroom.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Offering flexible and very comfortable accommodation Delamore Cottage is the perfect property to share with family and friends: the sitting room, quite a large sociable space with French doors and a dining area overlooking the garden, is a good place to entertain or just relax. The French doors in the ground floor en-suite bedroom open onto the terrace...the perfect place for a summer breakfast or evening meal. Floors are mainly wooden with rugs while original beams and floorboards and a grain store "trap door" can all be found upstairs; fitted wardrobes and chests provide plentiful storage. The excellent standard of B&B accommodation in Delamore House make this a unique location for larger gatherings of family and friends due to open space, variety of flexible accommodation, seclusion, privacy, individuality and, of course, its swimming pool! Children are particularly welcome and we do try to be as "child friendly" as possible. Smoking is not permitted within the cottage. Outside: Complete with a table, parasol, barbecue and seating for 6 the large patio and terrace, overlooking the garden, is the perfect place to enjoy relaxed alfresco dining The covered swimming pool measures 36' x 16' and is heated from early June until September. Holidaymakers are given generous access for their exclusive use by arrangement with the owners. Please note that the regulations for the use of the pool are mainly concerned with hygiene and safety and the importance of giving youngsters adequate/constant supervision. There are designated private parking areas for 2/3 vehicles adjacent to the cottage. Utility Room: None but has an external clothes line. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Good quality towels and linen are provided and beds are made up and the cottage is fully cleaned prior to the arrival of guests. Apart from the cleaning of the pool no cleaning takes place during a stay. Please note that swimming towels are not provided. Other: The dining room contains a dining table and 6 chairs and overlooks the garden.