Villa in Altea, Costa Blanca, Spain - Select Hillside Location With Fantastic Views & Large Private Pool
El Castillo in Altea Hills is a large castle style villa with soaring ceilings in the main living room and a new Queens tower bedroom complete with en-suite bathroom and its own battlements sun terrace. It also has a Naya with seating and several outside terraces with 2 BBQ areas complete with seating for 6 or more. Some areas are in the shade but all have a roller blind or parasol or covered loggia area. Satellite TV UK and Spanish is provided along with free Hi-Fi and Internet access in the naya. Cooling is by ceiling fans some of which are remote control but the villa also benefits from its hillside location and sea breezes.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
My wife and I are retired and we bought the site and built our villa in 1999 to 2000. The views are fantastic as is Altea Hills a very upmarket urbanization. We extended the Queens Tower in 2010 and this provides a delightful new experience. All our guest have left enchanted with the area and some have even bought on the urbanization.
The furnishings are Arabian because I worked in the Middle East and brought back most of my villa contents with me.
The Costa Blanca is a superb place to holiday.
Guestbook comments from the owner
4.9 based on 8 holidaymaker reviews
We had a great family holiday in the villa. Three couples and a one year old. Pool was fantastic and was well used by us all. Great barbecues in the evening with amazing views over the sea with some amazing sunsets. The short drive to Calpe was great for a day on a lovely clean beach. Also some lovely meals in the old town of Altea. A great time was had by us all and hope to return.
Just back from 2 weeks in this fantastic villa. Views to die for, amazing pool - I now have a mermaid for a daughter. Perfect location with so much to see & do in the area. Altea is a lovely town with a nice seafront promenade & a beautiful old town with an abundance of restaurants & lovely shops. We stayed at the villa with my parents & 2 children it was a perfect size for all of us with plenty of outside space. The villa is well equipped with all that you would need, comfortable beds and a lovely sea breeze. We had a fantastic holiday & did not want to leave. Would highly recommend it.
Lovely getaway up a very big hill but the views are stunning day and night. Home from home.
Three kids, wife and myself for a weeks getaway and was excellent. Met John briefly for a handover and decent chap who was very helpful. Furnishings and decor quirky and arabic and the Tower is unique. Despite being March had a go in the pool with great views over the edge.
Superb Well Equiped Luxury Villa
Located perfectly for real Spain...Guadalest...Calpe...Denia & Benidorm, something for everyone. Second visit.....& we will return. A perfect family vacation.
The Pool is Fantastic !!!
Would definitely return to this villa as it offers first class accommodation, very well maintained and very well equipped for everything you would need just as described in the listing. The beauty of this villa is it's location, it has uninterrupted views to the coast and mountains. Spent many an hour poolside looking out on this fabulous view. Plenty of outdoor shaded sitting areas with comfortable furniture. The owner has a well maintained file listing nearby places of interest and restaurants, we found that there was an abundance of places to eat out to suit everyone's taste and pocket. A car is a must but easy to get from A-B and the traffic was very light.
Stunning views and stylish house
Stunning and distracting views enjoyed from the fine terrace, the sunchairs, the nice pool or even the rooms. Add a stylish and very personal decorated BIG house, and finally locate it in the beautiful area of Altea - and you have the perfect recipe for a very nice holiday.
Standards and services were very good, and Alison took good care of us and was very helpful.
We enjoyed every second and would love to come back.
From the Owner
“We bought a plot and built our Castle in Spain. We love it and hope you will too. Alicante Airport (aka El ATET) now has a new terminal building and you will soon exit and be at the villa via the A7 motorway.”
Activity and Interests
Mascarat has a pebble beach that slopes gently. As has Altea and Albir. Sandy beaches abound from Calpe to Moraira and beyond. Benidorm has some huge sandy beaches. Cala Finestrat past Levante Beach in Benidorm is a lovely small bay with a beach and many good sea front cafes and restaurants offering excellent Menu Del Diaz meals wine or beer included. In fact on the coast from Altea to Benidorm you could try a different restaurant every day for weeks and still have new ones to try. See guide.
Car or Taxi essential. The nearest airport is Alicante, 60 kms (approx 40 mins) from the villa. Take the AP7 motorway to junction 64 Altea/Calpe, here you will join the N332 and take the exit towards Calpe for approximately 10 minutes following the large signs to Urb Altea Hills on your left.
Calpe is towards the north and about 20 mins away. Albir has many good shops and is just past Altea along the sea front. This leads you towards the large resort of Benidorm about another 20 mins away. For the mountains head up past Altea La Vieja to Guadalesque.
We provide details of most local sights and attractions in the villa guide along with brochures and maps.
Terra Mitica is a theme part near Benidorm about 6 miles away.
Aqua Landia is a water fun park just past Albir only 3 miles away.
Swim with Dolphins - water slides.
Benidorm Palace is a Show/Cabaret/Dining facility of very good quality.
(Some topless nudity!)
Puerto Lois Campomanes/ Greenwich Village is the Yacht Marina opposite Urb Altea Hills. Turn right past the Mas Y Mas Supermecardo and Bank. Restaurants ski-boats and boats available along with diving.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
Xmas & New Year
17 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
We offer Early Bird Discounts, usually 15% for bookings well in advance of arrival date. Only costs £200 deposit to secure...!
Previous Guests also get a VIP discount on top of any current offer of 5%.
£200 deposit secures a booking. Non Refundable on cancellation.
Plus £200 damage & excess cleaning deposit etc and Balance to be paid 6 weeks before the start of the let.
Nightly rates are 1/7th of the weekly rate.
Saturday unless agreed otherwise.
Out by 10 am. In from 2 pm.
Do not forget to handover keys and remote to the electric gate.
Notes on prices:
Nightly rate is 1/7th weekly rate. Minimum 7 nights.
2017 Early Bird - 10% if booked before end 31st December 2016 and is at current rates that may rise for 2017
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The climate in the Hills is delightful. In high summer the gentle breeze keeps you cool on the hottest days that you will spend in the glorious pool. Shops abound for food, drink and anything you might need. Altea is full of designer boutiques with the best quality clothes, shoes, jewelery etc. Restaurant cater for all tastes and pockets. The Yacht Club in Puerto Loius Campomanes or Greenwich Village as the area is also called as it is on the O degrees meridian has a superb restaurant. Albir has a McDonald's and many great Chinese and other style eateries. Do look in our Guest Information File for adverts and reviews and approximate prices.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Music Library ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- water parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Full size wash basin
- En-suite bathroom has power shower/bath, bidet, w/c, washbasin and granite vanity area Main bathroom has bath with shower over and glass screen plus wash basin and wc. Cloakroom/aseo has toilet and large wash basin. Pool terrace has an enclosed massage shower.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 in Queen's Tower has a double bed, wardrobes, security safe and en-suite bathroom with power shower plus TV and Blu-Ray dvd player Bedroom 2 has a double bed and wardrobes and security safe. Bedroom 3 has twin beds and wardrobes.
- Balcony ...
- Boat ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Veranda ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Tennis ...
- Water Sports Gear ...
- Notes on accommodation: Please note the owners round tower on the right is not included and the owners will not be in residence. Outside: There is a private pool 8x4 approx with Roman steps that is maintained twice weekly in the summer and it is a salt based pool with several filters. The poolside shower should be used before and after swimming. There is a gas BBQ with seating area and a traditional charcoal BBQ with adjacent seating. A new roller blind shades a new glass topped table and chairs for 6 on the front terrace. Dine with a glorious view. There are some lemon and orange trees in the gardens and grapevines. Also a herb garden for fresh herbs. Utility Room: Utility room in garage area has washing machine and a dryer plus an overflow fridge if needed. Rear of villa has a clothes line. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen is included. Housekeeper can do a weekend clean/tidy. But at end of let villa should be left in a clean and tidy state as the housekeeper deals mainly with bedrooms and bathrooms due to limited changeover time. New Pool Towels most year Other: Naya has seating for 6 and two tables. Sliding doors open out onto the terrace. Ideal for morning coffee Spanish style with brandy perhaps! This room has a WiFi/LAN reception and connection. New for Outdoor canopy area with easy chairs Chill Out