3 Bedroom, 2 bathroom cottage very close to harbour and coastal path
Close Cottage is our own 'home from home' so it's extremely well equipped, yet totally clutter free for complete relaxation. Conveniently located almost opposite the harbour and across the road from the coastal path, it is ideal for sailing and walking. One minute's walk from the popular Jolly Sailors pub, and less than a mile from the shops and petrol station at Burnham Deepdale, the Cottage has been welcoming holiday guests for over 4 years now and all our visitors comment on how comfortable and brilliantly equipped we have made it. Plenty of off-road parking in the layby next to the house, there is ample room for a boat and trailer. The garden is completely safe and sunny, being walled with a patio and lots of fragrant 'Norfolk' lavender. The golf course and beach at Brancaster are a 5 minute drive away.
About the Owner
We love north Norfolk and having holidayed here since we were children, we finally bought Close Cottage in 2007. We completely gutted and refurbished it into a cosy, clutter-free family bolt hole. We have 2 daughters and a Labrador. Peter is golf mad, so it's perfect for him; the girls love to sail and kayak and lie in bed watching the tide come in before walking across the road! We also bring our horses to ride on Holkham beach. We installed pet friendly hard floors throughout. The en suite eliminates holiday bathroom queues! Our cottage in Holme is more traditional in style, with softer furnishing (carpets) and no pets. Many visitors return year after year, they love the level of comfort and equipment provided which makes for a really relaxing holiday. We look forward to welcoming you.
From the Owner
“Brancaster Staithe is a lovely and popular spot for holidays, being right on the coast with its own natural harbour and miles of sandy beaches also on the doorstep. The cottage is very close to the harbour and a simply wonderful local pub, The Jolly Sailors, which welcomes families and dogs. There is walking straight from our door on the coastal path, and also super views along the entire coast from the common. It is private and cosy and near to everything you want, without being cut-off and difficult to get to (no bumpy driveways!) We all enjoy our hobbies really easily, as the beach, sea and golf course are so close by. The garden is a sunny walled patio with beds of fragrant Norfolk lavender : we all relax and switch off when we arrive.”
Activity and Interests
Brancaster beach is a 5 minute drive away with a large car park. Or it takes 20 minutes to walk across the harbour to the beach at low tide. A wide, sandy beach, with low dunes, lots of shells and space.
Thornham beach is 10 minutes drive. Hunstanton beach and cliff top is 15 minutes by car, large car parks available. Holkham beach is a 15 min drive away, the car park also allows horse boxes. Pine trees drop down to 4 miles of golden sand, a fabulous beach with famous coloured beach huts.
Nearest airport is Norwich, just over 1 hour by car/taxi.
Kings Lynn Railway station is 30 mins drive, trains go to/from Kings Cross.
The Coasthopper Bus runs from Kings Lynn station and stops in the village,the journey takes under an hour. Please contact me if you are coming by train / bus. This service is excellent and allows dogs to travel on it too (but not bicycles). You can cope without a car, using the coasthopper, local facilities are within walking distance.
10 minutes drive away from Burnham Market, lovely Georgian village with shopping and restaurants. 10 minutes drive from the RSPB Bird reserve at Titchwell. 15 Minutes to Holkham Hall, stately home and gardens. 20 minutes drive to Sandringham House, country home of HM The Queen, which is open to visitors. Fishing harbour town of Wells is 20 minutes away.
Excellent small supermarket, petrol station, parade of boutique shops and excellent Cafe are all at Burnham Deepdale which is at the other end of the village, one mile away / 10 minutes walk. Halfway along the village is the Fish Shed where they sell all kinds of fresh fish, logs and general groceries. You will find the Post Office here as well for stamps, cards etc. - mornings only. The White Horse is here overlooking the marsh. This is a super pub/restaurant with a lovely dining room and superb views all year. The Michelin starred Neptune Inn at Hunstanton is a 10 minute drive away. The Hoste Arms on the green in Burnham Market is also a great and popular spot for drinks and dining.
The Brancaster Millenium Centre, run by The National Trust offers activity holidays, painting and cookery courses. It is less than one minute's walk away and we are happy to provide accommodation if you are attending a course there. The Brancaster Staithe Sailing Club is just over the road from the cottage and we have ample space at the house for you to park a boat trailer.
Hunstanton Tennis week - this tournament takes place in August every year, it attracts players from all over the UK and we are happy to take bookings for this week. Horse trials are held regularly at nearby Sussex Farm and Houghton Hall.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
October Half Term
15 Oct 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
16 Dec 2016 - 22 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Christmas & New Year
23 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
All bookings are direct with us, the owners.
Deposit is 50% of total cost, payable at time of booking.
Balance due 4 weeks before start date.
£100 damage deposit paid separately by all first time guests
Discount for couples (using one bedroom only)
Parties must include over 18s
Dogs allowed, max 2 per booking. Charge is £20 per dog per stay.
Saturday is the weekly changeover day
Notes on prices:
ALL BOOKINGS MADE AND PAID FOR IN FULL BEFORE 31ST JANUARY 2016, WILL RECEIVE 2015 RATE. OFFER EXCLUDES SUMMER PEAK.
SHORT BREAKS ARE AVAILABLE IN APRIL, MAY, JUNE, SEPTEMBER AND OCTOBER. WE CHARGE 70% OF THE WEEKLY PRICE FOR A 3 NIGHT BREAK, 80% FOR A 4 NIGHT STAY. HALF TERM SHORT BREAKS SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY
WE HAVE A SECOND COTTAGE AVAILABLE THAT SLEEPS 4 IF YOU WANT TO BOOK FOR 2 FAMILIES : SEE PROPERTY REF E8358
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Parking next to the house in private lay-by. Free wifi Free use of 2 man kayak, with buoyancy aids Flatscreen TV Wood burner Outside tap and spray hose for apres beach washing”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Video Library
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- naturist beach
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to master bedroom with power shower in large corner cubicle, basin with vanity storage cupboard under and WC; shaver point & heater. Family bathroom with bath, electric shower over bath, basin, WC & electric towel rail. Both floors are tiled.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed, BUNK BEDS
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Single Bed, Single bed with flatscreenTV / DVD
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Kingsize bed and en suite bathroom
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with king-size bed and en suite shower room, Bedroom 2 with bunk beds, Bedroom 3 with single bed and flatscreen TV/DVD. Bedding is all duvets and feather pillows (2 per person) All bedrooms have mirrors, drawers and ample hanging space.
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Its extremely easy to find and access the cottage as it is just off the A149 Hunstanton to Cromer coast road. You can park outside the garden gate and unload your luggage into the patio and then the kitchen through double patio doors. The accommodation is well appointed and provides space and comfort. All 3 bedrooms and both bathrooms are on the first floor. Furnished to a 4 Star standard, all the beds have duvets, all bedrooms have curtains. Electric blankets provided during cooler months. We provide little extras which make it feel very homely- for instance soft 'trapper' doormats, pump hand soaps in the bathrooms, tea towels and even a water bowl for the dog in the kitchen. We also provide a very detailed Welcome Book which gives our guests full details about the village and amenities, plus lots of information about local days out, attractions and activities. Outside: Grass is laid to the front and side of house, with a shrub lined border. There is a lovely and safe walled garden to the rear with a patio and lavender filled border. ex-pub bench table. The patio doors open onto the garden from the dining area of the kitchen making for easy al fresco meals. A sturdy ex-pub bench table seats 8, with additional folding chairs and table. These are kept in the garden store, together with a small charcoal kettle BBQ. This really is a very sunny patio where we all, including the dog, like to catch the sun! There is a handy outdoor tap and hose, over a large sink for easy cleaning off after the beach or boating. Retractable clothes line for drying clothes and towels. Utility Room: Washing machine, ironing board & iron, tool kit, laundry basket, airer and pegs, step ladder; all in handy under-stairs utility cupboard off the kitchen Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bedlinen and towels are included (except beach towels). The property is cleaned and linen/towels changed at the end of each booking. Our local housekeeper can handle emergencies! Other: Spare folding bed available on request which fits into single bedroom. Both bathrooms have extractor fans, roller blinds and power showers. Hall cupboard has capacity for one set of golf clubs, further sets can be stored in the hall overnight if necessary