House in Cooleanig, Nr. Killarney, Kerry, Ireland - A Peaceful, Pastoral Location And An Ideal Base To Explore The Killarney Region
This house which is in a rural setting has a lovely view of the mountains, yet the major attractions of the Killarney region, South Kerry and the Iveragh Peninsula, West Kerry and the Dingle Peninsula are easily accessible. This is a newly built house with all the modern conveniences. It is located in its spacious grounds and well kept lawns. One is very much in touch with nature, the house being surrounded by farm life and wildlife. The Laune river with its salmon fishing is nearby. The Magillicuddy Reeks, with Ireland’s highest peak, is a great attraction for hill walkers and mountain climbers and is only 2km. Killorglin for shopping is 6km away on the Ring of Kerry. The village of Beaufort, the Gap of Dunloe and Killarney’s Lower Lake is 6 km. Killarney, one of our premier tourist destinations is 15km. It is a hive of entertainment and leisure activities and offers many sightseeing tours. The beaches of Rossbeigh and Dooks is a 25 minutes drive. The local golf course is 2 km away.
Top Traveller Review
Modern spacious home in country setting
About the Owner
I live in Ireland with my wife and children. This holiday home was built in the last few years. We decided to build in Kerry because of the beautiful scenery, mountains and lakes and also because of its proximity to the sea. We, as a family, spend a lot of our free time there.
5 based on 5 holidaymaker reviews
Modern spacious home in country setting
This property provides all the modern conveniences you could want along with a quiet country feel! The gardens are spectacular. The property is close to great restaurants/pubs as well as Killarney and the Ring of Kerry. You will not be disappointed!
Another Great Holiday in Ireland
Our Family party of 6 were all extremely impressed with this property as our holiday Base for a fortnight in Ireland. Brilliantly situated close to The Ring of Kerry, Dingle and Killarney this house was a great place from which to visit all of the wonders of Kerry.
The house is spacious both inside and out, and very comfortable and well maintained.
The owner, Edward was extremely welcoming and was kind enough to answer any questions we had, very promptly, in the months leading up to our stay.
This was our best stay yet in Ireland and the property played a very large part in that.
If your thinking about this property for your vacation please don't hesitate to book, you will not be disappointed.
Fantastic place to explore the Ring of kerry
We stayed for a week as a family of 5 as I was cycling the Ring of Kerry. It's about 15/20 mins drive to Killarney and less to Killorglin. The house is spotlessly clean, comfortable and spacious and well kitted out with everything you might need, The kitchen in particular is well stocked with utencils. The Beaufort Inn down the road (5 mins drive) has great food. It's lovely and quiet, with only a few sheep around. The property owner was very helpful and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this to family and friends. In fact, the next time we are in town we will be staying here!
Great house, location and WiFi ;-)
We stayed at the house for a week at the end of April 2016 with five people, so we had lots of room. The house is beautiful, and so are the surroundings. It has everything you want it to have, including super fast WiFi (important these days! ;-) The owners are friendly and helpful. Can recommend to anyone. Would love to return some day!
5 Star accommodation !!!!!!!!!!
This house is definatly a must if your looking for top class accommodation
its perfect if you want to stay in and close enough to killarney and the ring of kerry if you want to go out.
The pictures of the house do not do it justice !! The garden is huge and perfect for having a bbq and letting the kids play . All the furniture/appliances etc etc is good quality a real home from home !
Cant fault this house and its owners a must if your coming to this area for your holidays !!!
From the Owner
“I chose to build in Kerry because it's my native area and my family and roots are there. Over the years and because of travelling, I had come to appreciate far more what my own native area had to offer in terms of scenery, a peaceful and relaxing location and healthy leisure activities.”
Activity and Interests
The long, beautiful beach of Rossbeigh is a 25 minute drive. As well as good swimming Rossbeigh beach provides hang gliding and wind surfing. There is another fine beach in Dooks and a golf links - a 20 minutes drive. One reaches the coast near Killorglin 6km away and one can follow the coast road passing by Cromane, Glenbeigh, Kells, Cahirsiveen, Waterville and back to Killarney, still on the coast road, through Sneem and Kenmare. This coastal road is the scenic Ring of Kerry.
Shannon Airport is 100 km, Cork Airport is a distance of 100 km, Kerry Airport is 30 km. Ringaskiddy Ferry Port is a 105 km and Rosslare Ferry Port is 250 km. The town of Tralee, the Kerry capital is 32 km, and the town of Castleisland is 35km. The use of car is strongly recommended and car hire is readily available.
Killorglin town is 6km, Beaufort village is 6km, the Gap of Dunloe is 10 km, Killarney is 15km, and Rossbeigh beach is 20 km and Dooks beach is 15km. Tralee town is 30 km and Castleisland is 35 km. The local golf course is 2 km and the Magillicuddy Reeks is 2 km. The Cappanalea outdoor adventure center is 10 km.
One can shop in all the above mentioned villages and towns. Killorglin has a choice of shops, supermarkets, and bars. Killarney, Castleisland and Tralee are excellent shopping towns. There are banks available in all these towns. The local post office is in Beaufort as well as two little supermarkets. There are three bars and meals are available there also. Kate Kearney’s Cottage at the Gap of Dunloe is a well known bar and restaurant. There are at least 3 Hotels in the Beaufort area, Dunloe Hotel, Hotel Europe and Aghadoe Heights Hotel. Killarney offers many bars and hotels with music, dancing and shows. There are jaunting car rides to well known sightseeing spots such as Ross Castle, Torc Waterfall, Muckross House and Gardens, the Traditional Farms and Killarney’s National Park. There are bus tours of the Ring of Kerry from here. One can take a jaunting car ride from Killarney to the Gap of Dunloe, then take a pony ride through the pass to the Black Valley and take a boat ride down the lakes back to the town of Killarney. There are two Horse Racing meetings in Killarney – mid-July and mid-August each year. One can also take a tour of the Dingle Peninsula from here. The Rossbeigh beach offers very good and safe swimming and also hang gliding and windsurfing. Within 20 minutes of the house is Cappanalea, an outdoor adventure center, overlooking Caragh Lake, which offers orienteering, canoing and sailing instruction.
Additional pricing information
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£128|
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“I find the property is an ideal base for discovering not only the Killarney area but the whole Kerry region and the beaches, lakes and mountains are easily accessible. The towns with their entertainment and festivals, such as Tralee and its Rose of Tralee festival, are within short driving distance.”
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedroom 1 has en-suite with wc, shower and hand basin. Bedroom 2 has en-suite with wc, shower and hand basin. There is a large bathroom with wc, electric shower, bath and hand basin upstairs. There is bathroom downstairs with a wc and hand basin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: There are 4 bedrooms upstairs. Bedroom 1 is a double bedroom. Bedroom 2 is a double bedroom. Bedroom 3 and bedroom 4 are twin bedded rooms. All the bedrooms are large and furnished with wardrobes and bedside tables and offer a good view of the area.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: This house provides good, modern, comfortable accommodation with all modern conveniences. Each room and bedroom has good quality furniture and equipment. The kitchen is fully equipped with all modern appliances. The entrance hall is large with a wooden staircase leading upstairs to the various bedrooms. Outside: The house is surrounded by a spacious garden and well kept lawns and flowerbeds. There is plenty parking space near the house. There is a patio area leading off the dining room where there is a facility for a barbecue. There is an outdoor dining table and set of chairs on the patio. Utility Room: The utility room has the following equipment – large sink and draining board, washing machine, fridge – freezer, microwave, grill, iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are supplied. Linen is changed weekly for new guests. Guests should ensure that the house is in a clean and tidy condition before leaving. The owner ensures that all is in an acceptable state before the arrival of the next guests. Other: Inside the front door is a large hall and staircase. The large sitting room has a suite of furniture in soft material, an open fireplace and television. The dining room has a dining table and six chairs. Outside there is a patio area for barbecues.