House in Sandhoe, Nr. Hexham, Northumberland, England - A Quiet Countryside Location Near The Roman Wall But Close To Country Pubs And Villages
Set in nearly an acre of gardens, Peartree Cottage is in a tranquil rural setting. It is decorated to a high standard, in relaxed style with every comfort. With three bedrooms (one double and two twins) and two bathrooms, it is the perfect place for families or friends to relax, walk the Roman Wall or explore the Northumberland Coast. There is a well equipped kitchen that is in the open plan living space. Two sofas, a wide screen TV, DVD, large dining table, and log stove make a spacious, cozy living area. A spiral staircase leads to the upper floor with its galleried passage way between the other bedrooms and second bathroom. Guests have their own outside dining area too and children can play in the meadow or feed the fish in the pond. There is central heating, a porch for walking gear or pushchairs and dishwasher and washing machine. Within one mile of the cottage there are two excellent pubs that serve excellent home cooked food, one offers a takeaway service too.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We just love being here! Another very comfortable and enjoyable stay. 2-6th April
What a lovely place, and a very warm helpful welcome.
A beautiful house in lovely and peaceful surroundings.
Activity and Interests
30 minute drive to a wide selection of uncrowded beaches on the unspoilt Northumberland Coast. Holy Island (Linesfarne) reached over a tidal causeway and the Farne Islands with its bird and seal colonies are of particular interest.
20 minutes drive from Newcastle Airport or Newcastle main line station. Hiring a car is advised.
2 miles to Corbridge village (good shops and restaurants).
3 miles to the Market Town of Hexham (Supermarkets Waitrose and 24 hour. Tesco) Theater, Cinema, Swimming Pool and good restaurants and monthly Farmers Market and Antique fairs.
17 miles to Newcastle with Baltic Art Gallery, The Sage Music Center, Laing Art Gallery, Quayside shops, bars and restaurants
Charming village of Corbridge with small independent shops just 2 miles away. Supermarkets (that can deliver) in Hexham. Plus award wining French bistro (Buchon) Roman Wall just 3 miles away, museums and old Roman sites throughout area. The Keilder reservoir for sailing and the national Park for mountain biking and trekking, walking and nature trails. Beamish Museum - the UK's only open air museum complete with Victorian shops, coal mine and tramway is just half an hour away. Alnwick Gardens and the Castle (AKA Hogwarts Academy) are just 40 minutes away as is National Trust House and Garden Wallington Hall and home to inventor and industrialist, Lord Armstrong, Cragside. Weardale Valley with its amazing walks and waterfalls is just half an hour away.
Cross the causeway to see Holy Island where Christianity started in England, or take the boat to the Farne Islands to see the nesting birds, seals and where Grace Darling made her brave rescue.
The City of Durham is just down the road with its magnificent cathedral and where you can hire a punt to go on the Wear.
Tour the dressing rooms of St James' Park or visit Europe's biggest shopping center, the Metro Center at Gateshead. 17 miles to Newcastle with Baltic Art Gallery, The Sage Music Center, Laing Art Gallery, Quayside shops, bars and restaurants.
Just down the road are the ancient Roman settlements of Corstopitum a major Roman settlement and museum or Chesters Fort by the Tyne.
In Hexham visit the old Gaol, go shopping at Waitrose or the 24 hour Tesco, go to the Book Fair, visit the theater, cinema, swimming pool and check out the choice of good restaurants and monthly Farmers Market and Antique fairs.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
October Mid Term
21 Oct 2016 - 30 Oct 2016
6 night minimum stay
for 6 nights
31 Oct 2016 - 22 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please refer to my website, for pricing, booking procedures and availability. A 25% deposit is required with the balance to be paid 6 weeks before arrival.
Changeover day is Friday - depart by 10am new guests to arrive after 4pm.
Where possible , particularly out of season I can be pretty flexible. No stay less than 3 days
Notes on prices:
For pricing in the autumn refer to my website. Long weekends 3/4 days can be negotiated in low season.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Downstairs en-suite bathroom can be shared (2 doors) with walk in shower, bath with overhead shower, WC and basin. Upstairs bathroom with WC, bath with overhead shower and basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1 x double bedroom with a double bed. 2 x twin bedrooms with 2 single beds each. Cot available.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Downstairs there is one twin bedroom and bathroom accessible from both the bedroom and the main sitting room. The bathroom has a bath and a walk-in shower, this makes this bedroom a popular option with older guests who do not want to use the spiral staircase to the other upstairs two bedrooms and bathroom. The rest of the ground floor is a mainly two story high room for the kitchen, sitting and dining areas. The open-plan means the cook can chat to other guests as they sit on the sofa and chairs watching TV or a DVD or just having drinks in front of the wood burning stove. When the weather is good, there are tables and chairs outside and a barbecue just outside the front door. The children can run around outside as there is no road nearby, the house is down a short track. Upstairs there are two bedrooms, one which is the master double and the other is a favorite with children but also has full size singles in it. Outside: Outdoor table and chairs and barbecue. Lots of room for parking off road. Fish pond full of fish for children to feed when supervised. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels, bedding linens, tea towels and oven gloves are provided inclusively. The cottage is thoroughly cleaned once a week when all linens and towels are changed for guests who stay more than a week. All linens are professionally laundered. Other: All the bedrooms have been furnished to a high standard, with attractive lamps, original pictures, an old pine dresser and hand painted furniture. The place has been carefully decorated as a home with many original touches.