House in Tijola, Nr. Orgiva, Las Alpujarras, Spain - Offering Family Friendly Accommodation In Spectacular Mountain Setting, A Rustic Retreat
A beautiful Alpujarran country home recently refurbished to a high standard, with spectacular mountain views and a peaceful location. Private gated 8x5 Saltwater pool perfect for families with young children. Full of local character, yet fully furnished with modern comforts and conveniences. Extensive terraces and patios for al fresco living and mature gardens, all set within 5 acres of rustic land. 6km from Orgiva and a perfect place from which to enjoy the spectacular beauty of Las Alpujarras. This chic rural hideaway is especially family friendly, carefully equipped with all the small details which can make all the difference with travelling with children. For adults, the seclusion and priviliged position surrounded by wild untamed countryside makes for a holiday that's sure to leave you refreshed.
Top Traveller Review
A simply beautiful, peaceful retreat
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
“Not only is it beautiful and peaceful with a stunning salt water pool which makes all the difference, but it feels like home…. We have felt like guests, rather than customers.” Robin & Patrizia, July 2012.
"Everything was perfect and we don't have any advice to make things better ... Just keep it as it is!" La Famille Fretay, August 2012
"What an idyllic property, what an idyllic view..............it cannot get better!"
The Campbells, August 2012
5 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
A simply beautiful, peaceful retreat
My wife and I were, we think, one of the first people to stay at La Libelula when it came on the market as a holiday rental in 2012 (the date of the review is wrong because it doesn't let us post so long afterwards), and we are writing this review after looking through our photos. It is absolutely beautiful, very peaceful, a truly wonderful getaway. The pool is spectacular and all the facilities (cooking, washing etc) completely up-to-date. There are ample shops in Orgiva and wonderful daytrips if you have a car. Our only comment was that a comprehensive guide to Orgiva would have been useful - but we are completely sure that it will be there now! Do go there.
Beautiful, peaceful and relaxing
This was our second visit to Finca Libelula in the last 2 years. It stuck such a cord with us the first time that we had to come back again. The place is beautiful, peaceful and perfect for relaxing or using as a base for more active pursuits. It is done to a high standard: sympathetic décor inside with nice natural materials, light rooms, and an extremely well equipped kitchen for those who like to cook. The garden has plenty of spaces to sit and relax in amongst a riot of colourful flowers and there are plenty of fresh herbs growing to cook with. Once you have tried the salt water swimming pool, you’ll never want to go in a chlorinated one again.
The selection of books, DVDs (children’s ones as well) is very good, the fact that beach/pool towels are provided is a big bonus for a lighter luggage load – more space for something else. The place is great for adults and for people with children as well. Our 4 and now 6 year old loved it, especially the pool and climbing frame; she had great fun looking for wildlife amongst the rocks and garden. I am sure we will be back a third time
All supplies can be obtained in Orgiva itself. Seek out the little bakers, butchers, and fish mongers – shop from them! On market day be sure to find the roast chicken man. Go driving high up into the mountains for spectacular views.
We found this place to be a beautifully converted rural property with wonderful unrestricted views of the rugged Alpujarras mountains. This accommodation sits unobtrusively within a wooded hillside terrace, surrounded by attractive landscaped gardens. There are a variety of patios at different levels including around a refreshing salt water swimming pool. Inside we found the property very clean, well equipped and tastefully appointed, and for those who are just happy to chill out, this place has just about everything. As keen walkers it is also well placed for the High Alpujarras and the Sierra Nevada, but there are good walks literally on the doorstep too. Highly recommended.
Activity and Interests
The closest beach is approx 30 mins drive away in Salobrena, although when driving either east or west along the Costa Tropical there are many other options.
The nearest airport is Granada, which is about 1hr away, but international flights to this airport are limited. Malaga airport is well served from the UK and is 110 km from Orgiva (approx 2hrs from the property).
The house is located on the Tijola road approximately 6 kilometers from the small town of Orgiva. The last kilometer of the approach is on an unmade road, which is passable in a normal car.
Walkers will find the famous GR7 walking route close by & nature lovers will delight in the unspoiled views & huge variety of bird life to visit this part of the mountains.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
29 Oct 2016 - 30 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We take a 20% deposit when booking which is non-refundable, balance to be paid 1 month prior to arrival. A security deposit of 150 Euros is requested on arrival to cover any potential damages/breakages.
Changeover day is Saturday but we will always try to be flexible depending on bookings and season. Departure is by 10.00am, arrival after 5.00pm unless by prior agreement.
Notes on prices:
Long term winter lets considered.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom with large double-ended bath & separate walk-in shower, handbasin & wc. En suite with shower, handbasin & wc. Cloakroom with handbasin & wc.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: King size bed & Ensuite facilities Bedroom 2: Double bed & doors to Garden Bedroom 3: Single bed Bedroom 4: Single bed All bedrooms have fans & Bedroom 1 has a/c. All linen is fresh white Egyptian cotton. Hairdryers provided.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: In keeping with the unique nature of this property, a much loved family home built by the owners, it has been tastefully decorated with a blend of natural materials & Mediterranean style. Old stone walls & shuttered windows keep the house cool all summer, while shaded patios & a large daybed offer enticing options for the all important siesta. The stunning Saltwater Pool with its natural stone surrounds are gated to give parents the ability to relax & enjoy their holiday, while the extensive grounds offer lots of opportunities to walk & enjoy the natural beauty of the Alpujarra. The house is particularly suitable for families, with 2 wings, each consisting of a double & single bedroom and we welcome children, providing not only a cot & highchair, but also other items on request (kid's crockery, toys, bed guard, potty etc). A generous welcome park is also included. Babysitting can be arranged, as can massage and other services on request. Outside: The house is situated on an old olive farm, up a 1km unpaved mountain track with unobstructed views over the Rio Guadalfeo valley. There is ample parking right outside the house with access either via the heavy wooden front doors or through a walled garden. Mediterranean flowers, palm trees, cacti, and shrubs fill the patios close to the house while a variety of trees grow within the traditional stone walled terraced land. The gated pool area offers sunbeds and umbrellas & a shaded table for long lunches, while underwater lighting makes a midnight dip under the stars a must. By the house, there is another shady dining area, accessed from the kitchen, with a BBQ. There are various other places to sit, & a hammock & wooden swing hang under the olive trees which shade the house. Younger guests will love the climbing frame and slide, as our own children have. Utility Room: There is a washing machine outside with rotary dryer. Iron & ironing board available. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The property is cleaned and maintained to a high standard for arrival of guests. Fresh egyptian cotton linen & towels provided for each arrival. New linen/cleaning materials left for 2 week stays. Pool/beach towels provided to save valuable luggage space. Other: Dining area with seating includes wood burning stove. Broadband WiFi Internet Access. Large library of books. Box of toys on request. Local info pack.