House in Sintra, Lisbon Coast, Portugal - Peaceful Location, 2m Walk To The Village Facilities, 15m Walk To The Main Historical Attractions
We fall in love with the place, the old house and the big beautiful romantic garden, and in 2011 decided to rent the small house, all rebuilt and refurnished. The location, in São Pedro, an old and picturesque village in the middle of the walking pathways to the Pena Palace and Gardens, Moorish Castle, and the village of Sintra is a must, as well as its proximity to different kind of entertainment: trekking, mountain activities, 7 golf courses, wonderful beaches, cinemas, shopping centers, etc. and to places like Cascais and Estoril , where there are other attractions and to the city of Lisbon( only 25, driving or 35 by train).
About the Owner
I`m a married woman who fall in love with S. Pedro de Sintra! After retiring from 40 years as a university professor and my husband as an economist , we are lucky to live in such a place. We love life, family and friends, gardening, trekking in the mountain nearby, playing golf (6 golf courses in 10 m by car), reading a book in the garden, going to Cascais, Estoril and Lisbon (10 and 20 km from here), for dinner, movies, concerts, exhibitions, to the beach... All this, possible in this wonderful scenario: Sintra!
We bought the two cute houses and the marvellous garden, we have done a rebuilding and decided to live in one of the houses and rent the other one; being so, our renters will have the chance to stay as long as they want and profit from all the facilities the place has to offer.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"One of my favourite houses I ever rented. Very quiet place, but very close to the main places, 10 to 20m walking to Castelo dos Mouros, Palácio da Pena, Vila de Sintra, and so on. The owner was very helpful, showed us where to get the main attractions. Classification: 5/5". H. Saag, Estonia, July 2011.
" Petite maison coquette, trés propre et bien située: trés proche du centre, dans une rue calme, à proximité des lieux à visiter, et à environ 20m en voiture des plages et de Lisbonne. Trés belle région! De la documentation et des reinsegements sur les visites est laissée par la propriétaire, trés attencionnée et il est bien pratique de trouver draps et serviettes sur place. Classification: 5 sur 5". C. Maurin, Paris, Août 2011.
From the Owner
“Sintra and its surroundings are one of the most beautiful and quiet places in Portugal. We had the chance to find this house and garden and we choosed to live here after we retired. In the middle of the World Heritage Park and Village, S Pedro de Sintra stays far from the crowds, but is very easy to access and close to Lisbon (20 km in highway), to Estoril and Cascais (10 km by car), as well as to 6 golf courses, to several beaches and to other facilities, such as Hospitals, cinemas, shoping centers, etc. The village of S Pedro de Sintra has everything at walking distance from the house: pharmacy, banks, restaurants, cafes, churches, places to buy neswspapers and groceries, gardens, and the house is located in the middle of the walkways to the Castelo dos Mouros, Palácio da Pena, etc.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
All the information about monthly outdoor activities organisations, events, festivals, fairs, etc, is provided in a special dossier available at the house
There are several beaches in the region, that can be reached by car:
To Adraga, Praia Grande and Praia da Maçãs: 15/ 20m driving. To Praia das Maçãs there is an "electrico"( electric tramway in rails) only during summer, departing from Sintra.
To Ericeira and northern beaches: 30m driving
To Guincho and Estoril and Cascais Coast: 20m driving.
To the southern beaches, like Caparica, Alfarim, Meco, Sezimbra, etc: 45m driving
From the Lisbon airport to São Pedro de Sintra: 25 Km, 25/30m driving in the Highway or in IC 19. There is also a train, that despartures from Sete Rios or Rossio Stations in Lisbon an arrives in 35/40m in Sintra. From the Sintra Station until São Pedro the best is to pick up a taxi, or wait for the bus (10m to arrive in there).
To the São Pedro de Sintra village center: less than 2 m walking; to Sintra center: 15m walking, 5m driving, 10by bus; to the 3 big shopping centers, cinemas, etc: 5 /10m driving;to Regaleira Palace : 20/25m walking;to the Pena Palace and to the Moorish Castle: 15/20m walking; to Monserrate, Chalet da Condessa d`Edla, Seteais: 10/15m driving; to Estoril and Cascais: 15m driving, to Lisbon: 25m driving, 35/40m by train.
Already given above the distances to the main golf courses and beaches.
There are several restaurants and good cafes in São Pedro de Sintra, Portuguese and international cuisine, Italian, Indian, and much more in Sintra and near the beaches marked, as well as in the main historical places to visit. Fanciest restaurants are in Sintra, Estoril and Cascais. At the guests disposal will be at the house a complete description of the main and better places to go, with the contacts for reservations and the average price of each restaurant.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
16 Sep 2016 - 15 Mar 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
When booking, we appreciate that 50% of the price will be transfered for our bank account, IBAN to be informed. At the arrival, with the keys deliverance, the remaining 50% must be payed in cash (E).
Flexible. Arrival and departure day and time depending, in each case, of the agreement between guests and host.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Very convenient place, quiet area, but at the same time very close to the main places to visit, to restaurants, in the middle of the Park trecks, enough room to park and the house, just rebuilt and refurnished, has all the facilities, even hair dryer. The unique romantic garden is the highlight of the property. Several reviews from renters ( UK, France, Spain, Germany, Estonia, Australia), giving their opinion about the house, all of them: 5/5.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Next to the 2 rooms, there is only one bathroom, floor and walls in Portugese mosaics, with bath/shower, wc, bidet, washbasin, and it has an outside window, for good ventilation. Under the washbasin room enough to room to store toiletries.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1rst floor: bedroom 1, 2 twin beds; bedroom 2, single bed and trundle bed; both wooden floors,carpets and other furniture. Living-room with double sofa bed. Big closet in the mezzanine, to store clothes, shoes, and a wash/dryer machine/ ironing cabinet.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Everything already described in the other items, above and below. Outside: There is a wonderful romantic big garden beside the main house, which is side by side. Guests will be welcome to see the garden, which has outdoor furniture, to relax in the lawn, to have light meals, laying under the trees or simply wandering. Children must always be accompanied by adults, since there are stone stairs, lakes, high paths. A gardener, who lives next door, comes every day. Utility Room: Next to the living room, in the ground floor, the utility room has: an electric hoover, bucket, brooms, mop, and place enough in the shelving boxes to store groceries,cleaning products, as well as luggage, beach bags, etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen of very good quality and towels are included, as well as pads, edredons and quilts for each bed and for the sofa bed ( if needed for 2 guests more). Linen and towels will be changed every week, but there are surplus towels in the mezzanine chest. Other: The mezzanine, wooden floor, on the top of the stairs to the first floor, between the rooms, has window, carpets, a chest with extra towels, light and room enough for children to play, to put a small table and a chair to draw, a baby bed, a cradle, etc.