Villa in Cala'n Porter, Menorca, Balearic Islands - Tranquil Location Approx 9 Min Walk To Town And Approx 12 Min Walk To Beach 2 Mins Drive To Town
This property is a Friday changeover and has just been refurbished to a high standard. The villa is perfect for a large family or two families sharing. This villa has wifi and satellite t.v. via the internet. It has four bedrooms and three bathrooms one of which is en suite to the master bedroom with shower, bidet, wc and hand basin. A large kitchen and spacious lounge. A flat
screen tv, dvd player, cd player. The newly built pool is 10 m x 5 m
and is larger than the average pool. You will also find also air con which is payable locally. Large gas bbq for the use of guests. The villa is a short walk to the town and all the amenities and approx further 4 to 5 min to the beach. Parking is available directly outside the property. The transfer time from the airport is approx 10 min by taxi. The villa has high walls, electric gates and entry door system for your privacy and safety of children.
About the Owner
Hi. My husband and I live in the UK. We have five children that are grown up now, but they spent all their childhood holidays in Menorca. We now have ten grandchildren and they have followed in their parents footsteps of holidaying in our villa.The reason we have spent so many years holidaying in Menorca is the fact that Calan Porter has a lovely beach, which is very safe for small children, the flight is only one hour fifty minutes and the transfer time is approx 10 min. The Menorcan people love children and they are welcome in all the bars and restaurants and nothing is too much trouble to make you feel welcome. We bought this property and refurbished it throughout to make it feel like a home from home environment and very comfortable.
From the Owner
“This villa is very spacious and has just been refurbished to a high standard. You will just love waking up and walking out to the terrace to have your breakfast by the pool. The children love the extra large pool and the slide.”
Activity and Interests
The beach for those with children is in a safe secluded bay with crystal clear turquoise waters and is ideal for snorkeling, scuba diving, fishing or just laying on a li-lo relaxing. There are two beach bars that offers tapas or take away food and drinks. Sun beds, parasols are for hire. The time from the villa to the beach is approx 12 min walk, by car approx 3 min.
Mahon is the nearest airport and is approx ten min away by taxi. Car hire is not essential unless you want to see other parts of the island which is extremely pretty. Parking is available directly outside the property.
San Clemente is the next town and has a jazz club every Tuesday evening, approx 6 min by car. Mahon is the capital and has a great marina which houses some fabulous boats. The waterfront has some great restaurants and bars to choose from. The market in Mahon is every Tuesday and Saturday. Monte Toro is a must when visiting Menorca, it's the highest point on the island and has breathtaking views it also has a quaint church. Menorca boasts a beach for everyday of the year.
Calan Porter has three supermarkets and do deliver your goods for you. There are many restaurants and bars to choose from and several offer evening entertainment. A bank is also in the town,pharmacy, hairdressers, car hire and Bureau de Change. Children are made to feel welcome in the restaurants and bars as it is a very family orientated resort. Son Bou is approx 15 min by car and that has a bowling alley. A Taxi rank is in the town, if you would rather catch the bus there is a bus that runs from Calan Porter through San Clemente and then to Mahon bus station where you can catch a bus to anywhere on the island. Menorca is steeped in history and is very interesting. The island is ideal for Ornithologists and walking holidays. For the children you will find the Fun House which has bouncy castles, play stations and amusements to keep the entertainment.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£50|
When booking we do require a deposit of £150.00 which in non refundable. The balance is due 6 weeks prior to departure along with a £50.00 damage bond which is refundable as long as there is no damage to the property. We ask that you complete a booking form and return it to us. No booking. Is confirmed until a deposit has been received and cleared.
The changeover day on this property is Friday during June, July and August. We can be flexible on the changeover day in May, September and October. Access to the property is not before 14:00 and departure is 10am. The managers live approx 5 mins away.
Notes on prices:
Pool heating is priced at ten pounds a day. It is normally required normally April end of Sep and Oct. If required for other dates this can be arranged
Six weeks prior to the holiday date
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“You can enjoy the tranquility of the position of this property but still close enough to walk to all the amenities. Transfer time from the airport is approx ten mins.”
- Air Conditioning ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome ...
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En suite to bathroom 1 comprises of hand basin wc bidet and Walk in shower enclosure....Bathroom 2 has wc walk in shower enclosure and hand basin....... Bathroom 3 has wc hand basin and a walk in shower enclosure
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 Master bedroom has a double bed with en suite. Bedroom 2 has a double bed. Bedroom 3 has two single beds and bedroom 4 also has two single beds. Cots can be arranged. All bedrooms have air con units which is payable locally.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Barbecue ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: As you enter the property you will gain access to the hallway with crystal chandelier, turn left and you will find the four bedrooms and two of the bathrooms, turn right and you will find another bathroom. The master bedroom has patio doors which lead out to the covered terrace and pool area. The kitchen leads to the lounge which has patio doors which takes you out to the pool and terrace area. This villa is in a great location as it is tranquil and peaceful. You can walk to all the amenities and to the beach. Parking can be found directly outside. There are electric gates to the left on the front door and an entry system to the front gate. You will find a safe in the villa for your valuables. Outside: The terrace has a large heated private pool 10 x 5 m an has a shallow end and deep end. There is a charge for the heating of the pool as electricity is very expensive on the island. You will find 8 sun beds and patio furniture and large gas BBQ with rotisserie. The villa is secluded behind gates and has a high wall for your privacy and safety of children. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The villa is cleaned for arrival and when the property has been vacated. Linen is included and is changed on a weekly basis unless it is a 10 day duration. Towels are also included but not to leave the property so we do not supply beach towels.