Villa in Can Germa, Cala Salada, Ibiza, Balearic Islands - Prestigious Area In Hills With Sublime Sunset Views
Beautiful private villa sleeping 8 with roof terrace & sea views surrounded by pine trees and five minutes drive to beach at Cala Salada. Ideally located in the hills in prestigious Can Germa, it's 5 minutes to San Antonio, 15 minutes to Ibiza Town and 20 minutes to the airport by car. Once owned by the Bee Gees, the villa has lovely lateral living space with stunning terrace overlooking the sea. Blakstad designed kitchen, B&O audio, wonderful pool, rambling garden and parking for multiple cars. You've got the privacy and seclusion of being in the hills yet the best of the island at your fingertips because of proximity to good access roads. Infamous Pikes Hotel is just minutes away, Cafe Del Mar is five minutes away [for catching the sunset] and D'alt Villa is less than 20 minutes drive across the island.
Top Traveller Review
home from home
Your family were the perfect guests and you are welcome back anytime. x
About the Owner
About Ben Soames
Him British, her Aussie, freelancers living the Ibiza dream with toddler in tow.
Ben Soames purchased this villa in 2011
Why Ben Soames chose Ibiza
We love the west side of the island for the sunsets. Our home is right on the border of the countryside so we get the best of both worlds. It's both accessible but with a feeling of privacy.
When we first saw the house we immediately fell in love with it. It has the most wonderful feeling. It was once owned by the Bee Gees in the 1970's. We have spent the last 4 years lovingly refurbishing it to a very high standard.
What makes this villa unique
We have a great roof terrace area which is the perfect place to sip a cocktail and watch the sunset.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
(6 traveller reviews)
home from home
A beautiful & comfortable house for us and our 2 children aged 6 & 2 years, the rooms are light, airy and very comfortable. We felt at home immediately and stayed for 4 weeks, the pool was ideal for both us and the kids. Beautiful view of the bay, quiet location with a wonderful restaurant & beach 5 mins down the road as is the supermarket. The owners couldn't do enough to help prior and during our stay, and the pool and house were cleaned regularly. Lovely big garden with fish pond, trampoline and occasional cat visitors. Loved being here, and would recommend highly.
A great place to stay......
We just completed a trip to this delightful villa in Summer 2014. The villa is well appointed and every room is finished to a very high standard. It is quite obvious that Rebecca and Ben have put a lot of thought into this lovely home and it gave us a great place to stay in Ibiza. Situated just outside San Antonio is was quiet and peaceful at all times and of course the views at the end of the day will be the lasting memories of our trip. I would not hesitate to stay again and hope to be back soon. Martin and family.
This is a charming family home with wonderful lateral space. The decor is modern but with character, sort of a modern Ibizan feel and very private without being too remote. Only thing is you definatly need a car.
We looked long and hard at all the other villas but this one seemed to have a unique character.
The hosts we super responsive to our needs and made us feel very welcome.
We’re coming next year!
We enjoyed our stay here from the moment we had entered this beatiful house. The photos do not fully reflect its minimalisctic beaty and charm. For those who like contemporary art, this is a nice surprise to appreciate the owners' collection of some interesting pieces. The house is very clean and friendly. The views from the windows and the balcony are relaxing. We liked the BBQ area at the pool which we used for making family meals on our lazy days. In fact, this is very quiet place with only sounds of nature(not of nightclubs as i had feared before). Nevertheless it takes only 5 minutes to get the nearest nice rocky beach Cala Salada that is very popular with the locals.The supermarket is 5-minute drive as well. It is also easy to get to some hot trendy spots in Sant Antoni and further.
We are grateful to Ben & Rebecca for their hospitality and care. Many thanks to Jose - the property manager who found time to visit us and to give us a lot of valuable tips on the island. The cleaning ladies who come once a week are also very nice. We spent a fantastic time at the villa! We do hope to be back next summer.
Fantastic villa .
Our kids loved the pool and the organisation from the owner was exceptional .
We would definitely go again.
If a perfect holiday is what you looking for,thats exactly what you'll get .This was the most wonderfully welcoming and amazing villa ,it had everything it promised and more. I can honestly say we loved it from the moment we arrived and did'nt want to leave,we were greeted by our lovely "GURU" Jose who was at hand if we needed any advice or just a chat about the island,and not forgetting our lovely house keeper Salma. And ofcourse the family who share their home ,have made this a warm and welcoming holiday escape. Thank you Ben and Rebecca
From the Owner
“We love the west side of the island for the sunsets. Our home is right on the border of the countryside so we get the best of both worlds. It's both accessible but with a feeling of privacy. When we first saw the house we immediately fell in love with it. It has the most wonderful feeling. It was once owned by the Bee Gees in the 1970's. We have spent the last 4 years lovingly refurbishing it to a very high standard.”
Activity and Interests
Nearest beach is Cala Salada which is a few minutes by car. We're just 10 minutes to stunning beach restaurants at places like Cala Bassa. The west coast of Ibiza gets the sunsets. Our favourite non-tourist beach is Ses Fontalles which is also just five minutes away and has the softest sand ever.
20 minutes max from the airport.
San Antonio is less than 5 minutes drive. Plenty of amenities and nightlife with some great restaurants and bars. The harbour is beautiful, Cafe Del Mar is still the best place to catch the sunset.
Ibiza old town 20 minutes maximum in the car.
Picturesque town of Santa Agnes 7 minutes drive - here you'll find Valley of the Kings which is thousands of almond blossoms in flower at certain times of the year.
Great clubs and restaurants, power boating, diving etc.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
6 Aug 2017 - 15 Oct 2017
14 night minimum stay
for 14 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£1,500|
A non refundable 50% at time of booking. The remainder to be paid 30 days before arrival. £1500 refundable security deposit in addition to the above which will be returned within 7 days following clear check-out inspection
Sunday changeover is preferred. Checkout noon, check in 4pm.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“We have a great roof terrace area which is the perfect place to sip a cocktail and watch the sunset.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Hob ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Books ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, This is a small guest WC with a sink and shower
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Outdoor Shower, This facility is outside and services the pool area
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Downstairs bathroom. Services rooms 3 and 4
- Bathroom 1: joins bedrooms 1 & 2. Modern fittings. Twin vanity, bath, shower, WC Bathroom 2: Recently refurbished with small bath & shower. Bathroom 3: outside to service the pool area. Bathroom 4: WC & wash basin.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed
- Bedroom 5 - 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 king bed, sea views and extensive wardrobe space and en-suite. 16.2 m2 Bedroom 2 either 2 single or 1 double bed. Shares en-suite with bedroom 1. 14.6 m2 Bedroom 3 double bed with small wc/shower Bedroom 4 king bed with en-suite. 16.8 m2 Bedroom 5 two single beds. A smaller boutique room which although completely private is connected to the larger bedroom 3. Perfect for a couple of younger kids
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Generous rooms with plenty of storage Outside: Terrace area with table and chairs for 8 people. Covered chillout area by pool and adjacent dining area with bar and seating for eight more people. Bar area has fridge and sink etc for serving cocktails by the pool. Split level pond with boutique waterfall and fountain. Large garden with 400 year old olive tree, bouganvilleas, lavender, oleanders and lots of hidden corners for kids to explore. Parking for several cars with secure, remote controlled double gates. Automatic irrigation system throughout summer. Pool guy comes weekly, gardener fortnightly. Integrated alarm system with instant response from security network. Utility Room: Washing machine. Dryer. Large space for hanging clothes. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Weekly cleaning includes a linen and towel change. More frequent by arrangement. Other: There's a second living area with authentic fireplace which opens onto the pool area. Bedroom 3 is a sprawling area with space to accommodate extra beds/ cots if needed. It's got a private entrance by ponds & water feature outside.