Farmhouse in Rieti, North of Rome, Lazio, Italy - Peaceful Medieval Village, 60 Min Drive From Rome
Palombara Farmhouse is set in the beautiful medieval village of Ornaro Alto. Nestled amongst the Sabine Hills this 200 year old picturesque farmhouse has been restored to provide an excellent base to explore the many gems that the area has to offer. Whether relaxing by the pool or exploring the individual characteristics that each local village has to offer, Palombara will provide you with many a cherished memory. Orvieto, Viterbo, Tivoli, Spoleto and the impressive waterfalls at Marmore are all within easy reach. Rome too is just 1 hour's drive away. You are spoilt for choice with local restaurants all offering reasonable and enticing dishes. Throughout the summer, each village offers a local festival, with food and dancing galore.
About the Owner
The owner is originally from the village with extensive knowledge of the area. The owner now lives in England and runs a successful business.
Activity and Interests
Beach at Ostia is a 1.5 hr drive.
Nearest airport is Rome Ciampino or Rome Fiumicino. Car hire is essential.
Rieti - 17km
Tivolli - 51km
Terni - 47km
Rome - 75km
Orvieto – 122km
- Booking Notes:
Please contact the owners via email. £200 non refundable deposit. Full payment 8 weeks before departure date. Payments via cash or cheque.
Notes on prices:
Please contact owners for discount on 2 weeks' stay.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- En-suite shower room to Bedroom 1 with wc, bidet and basin. Family bathroom with bath and shower. Wc, bidet and basin. Downstairs wc and basin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and single bed plus en suite bathroom room. Bedroom 2 with double bed Bedroom 3 with twin beds Bedroom 4 with double bed and single bed
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house is built on the brow of a hill with 2 acres of grounds. The pool is situated below the garden, enjoying panoramic views of the Sabine Hills. The house is spread over 2 floors (ground and 1st floor) with all bedrooms upstairs. There is private parking for several cars. Owing to the thick stone walls, the house is kept pleasantly cool, even on a hot summer's day. Outside: The house is surrounded by a terrace. There is a pergola to the rear suitable for alfresco dining. The well stocked private garden is enclosed by a fence and privet hedge. There are steps leading down from the garden to the land and the pool. There are an abundance of fruit trees, including fig, cherry and almond. The pool measures 12 x 6m and is surrounded by a large terrace. Utility Room: Sink, washing machine, iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Included – weekly clean (if staying more than 1 week) and final cleaning - all linen and bath towels as well as pool towels provided.