House in Salles-d'Aude, Nr. Narbonne, Aude, Languedoc-Roussillon, France - Peaceful Location Only 10km From Wonderful Sandy Beaches And Serviced By Several Low Cost Airlines.
A spacious five bedroomed, well decorated fully equipped house centrally located in a village. The ground floor is adapted for wheelchair access, with wet room, bedroom, sitting room with open fireplace, kitchen diner and portable electric hoist. A private enclosed level rear garden with garden furniture ideal for BBQ. The first floor has a very grand salon with a wood burning stove and double height ceiling, patio doors leading onto a terrace with spectacular mountain views, two double/twin bedrooms and toilet/shower room. The second floor has a further two double/twin bedrooms and additional separate bathroom. Electric heating throughout the house, and portable air conditioning units.
About the Owner
Keith, Jan and Jane own the property and have done so for seven years. In that time the house has been totally modernized and decorated to the highest standards, which include full disabled friendly access on the ground floor with large wet room and a portable electric hoist. This work was completed for our wheelchair user sister to come and enjoy the house. Our young grand children have also visited it has become the family holiday home used by three generations of the family.
Guestbook comments from the owner
From the Owner
“We were initially attracted to the Lanquedoc-Roussillion area of France as it is reputed to have over three hundred days of sunshine per year, which we have found to be true. It is on the Mediterranean Coast, with easy access to Spain, and an area steeped in history with diverse cultures. It is also the wine capital of Europe and has spectacular countryside to enjoy. It has a fascinating historical past which we are slowly uncovering. The house is in an excellent location for the seaside, touring the region, sight seeing, and adventure activities. The house is located in a friendly traditional village yet with all necessary amenities close by. It is an easy destination to reach either by road, rail or air.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Enjoy spectacular scenery, gastronomic food, prehistoric sites, enchanting chateaus, Cathar castles, and colourful markets. Many activities are available including walking, canoing, fishing, horse-riding, various water sports, a large outdoor aqua park.
The house in only 10km from a selection of sandy Mediterranean beaches.
Bezier 25minutes, Montpellier, Carcassone and Perpignan 40minutes, Girona and Toulouse 1hr 30minutes. TGV train stops at Bezier,Narbonne and Perpignan. Car hire can be arranged at either destination airports or train stations (recommended). Local buses are available for travel to the beaches and to the village from Narbonne.
The house is located within a village and only 10 minutes drive to Narbonne and nearby beaches, Bezier, Carcassone and Montpellier are within easy driving distance.
The village has a nice restaurant, it has a butcher, baker, mini supermarket, newsagent/tobacconist, post office, chemist and ladies hairdresser, within easy walking distance. In the village square there is a visiting cheese, fish sand vegetable stall. On the edge of the village is a supermarket that contains its own butchers and wet fish department, it also has petrol pumps.
- Booking Notes:
A telephone or email inquiry to ascertain availability whereupon a booking form will be sent. The booking will be confirmed on receipt of the form with a deposit of £200 (£100 booking deposit and £100 damage deposit (refundable).
The full balance to be paid six weeks prior to the holiday when keys and full information will be given.
Change over days are flexible but weekend arrivals/departures are preferred. Arrivals should be no earlier than 2pm. and departure no later than 10 am.
Notes on prices:
Priceing for smaller groups per week as follows;
2-3 people Jan-March £150. April-June £170. July-Sept £250. Oct-Dec £150.
4-5 people Jan-March £200. April-June £300. July-Sept £500. Oct-Dec £200.
6-7 people Jan-March £250. April-June £350. July-Sept £600. Oct-Dec £250.
8-10people Jan-March £300. April-June £500. July-Sept £800. Oct-Dec £300.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property is disabled friendly and conveniently located for either seaside holidays, touring, motorcycling or walking, and is within easy reach of many interesting places for example Carcassone, a world heritage site and the Canal Du Midi. The large family room is excellent for entertaining, leading onto a terrace with views over the mountains. great for relaxing with a glass or two of wine from many of the vineyards or wine co-operatives. The neighbours are wonderful and could not be more helpful, the village has several social events over the year and we have been made very welcome at them. We have a large collection of maps, leaflets and information in order to assist our guests to enjoy themselves as much as possible during their stay.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- duty free shops
- live theatre
- naturist beach
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- gambling casinos
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- bay fishing
- surf fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Ground floor wet room with shower with wall mounted seat, sink and toilet, and additional separate w.c. First floor shower, vanity unit and toilet. Second floor bath/shower over and vanity unit.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Ground floor double bedroom. First floor one double and one twin bedroom. Second floor one double and one twin bedroom. All equipped with bed linen, quilts, sheets and pillowcases.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house has recently been totally decorated throughout, and comprehensively fully equipped. Outside: The gated drive permits safe and secure parking, with access to the enclosed rear garden. Patio furniture is provided for guest use. A BBQ is provided. The front of the house benefits a gated entrance providing security to guests. Utility Room: Washing machine, ironing board, iron, clothes drier, vacuum cleaner, large immersion heater. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All towels and linen are included in the rental. The property is cleaned and serviced including towel and linen change before and after each guest visit. Cleaning equipment is available in the house for guest use. Other: The ground floor sitting room has an open fire, sofa bed radio/CD player and a very comprehensive range of books, games, maps and tourist information.