Villa in Chatelaillon Plage, La Rochelle, Charente Maritime, Poitou Charentes, France - Located In The Middle Of A Charming French Holiday Town, Just 150 M From The Gorgeous Sandy Beach
Villa Leonie is an ideal holiday location because of its proximity to the beach, great facilities as well as the practical layout, which is perfect for inviting friends and family to holiday together. There are 3 bedrooms and a bathroom on the garden level and 2 bedrooms on first floor, which are separated by the living area. This allows each family to enjoy the holiday together without being in 'one another pockets'. There is a shower room for the top floor bedrooms. The living area offers an airy open plan seating and dining area which flows into the modern kitchen which has another dining table and chairs. The main room also opens onto the raised terrace, perfect for al-fresco dining or relaxing.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We had a wonderful stay at Villa Leonie last summer. The house is stunning, beautifully restored with modern facilities and ample space for two families to share living accommodation whilst still having their own space and privacy for sleeping. Our children loved the garden space with its games room and swings. When they weren't playing there, they were enjoying splashing and body boarding in the sea, and building sandcastles on the town's beach, just a stone's throw away. In addition to its excellent location near La Rochelle, there are wonderful cafes and restaurants, both on the sea front and in the town, which are vibrant and have a lovely traditional French feel. This property comes highly recommended and we hope to return very soon.
Chris & Kirstie Green
Activity and Interests
Just 150 meters away is a sheltered 3km stretch of manicured sand that defines the town. To the South a harbor, yacht club and fantastic views of Fort Boyard and the Isle D'Oleron –to the North, views of the Isle De Re, La Rochelle and the impressive bridge that spans the water between.
Notable features: showers, beach football, kite festivals, kids club, markets, restaurants on the beach, lifeguards on duty (summer) and at low tide, a massive tidal area that can be explored for wild life.
You do not need a car, shops are all within easy walking distance and the train station (5 min walk away) goes to La Rochelle or Rochefort.
Nearest airport is La Rochelle, 20 minutes drive away. 34 UK airports offer flights to La Rochelle. Alternate airports include Poitiers (1hr 30), Nantes - 1hr 20mins and Bordeaux – 2hr.
The closest ferry port to the UK is St Malo (4hrs -ish), other options are Caen (5 hrs) or Cherbourg (5hr 30min). All leave from Portsmouth or Poole. Other routes available
La Rochelle is 20 min drive away, a city renowned for its history, chic shopping, fine restaurants and nightlife.
The Isle De Re is one of the tourist hot spots in France, full of quaint towns and fishing harbors, about 30 min drive.
Royan is about an hour further south, La Palmyre near Royan has a brilliant zoo.
The Cote Sauvage is, as it's name suggests, wild and rugged beaches.
The whole area is famous for the quality of its oysters, mussels and seafood.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
-We ask for an initial deposit of £200 at the time of booking which is deducted from the final price. Please note this is only refundable if you cancel your booking within seven days of receiving our written confirmation of your booking.
-8 weeks prior to the booking the remaining amount is due. At the same time we require a £500 security deposit which is returned in full as long as the property is left in good order. This can be in the form of a cheque dated for your departure date.
Flexible but preferably Saturday, arriving after 15:30 departing by 10:30 unless otherwise agreed beforehand.
Notes on prices:
In off peak times, for groups of 4 or less, please contact us, pricing may be adjusted.
Payments may be made by bank transfer in Euros or GB Pounds.
We accept cheques in Euros or GB Pounds.
Security deposit cheques will not be cashed unless damages to the property occur. This will be discussed prior to any monies taken.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Spacious family sized bathroom on ground floor features an antique footed bath, has an enclosed spa shower and sink. Has separate WC. Shower room on the main floor has a luxury spa shower, sink and WC. Serves top 2 bedrooms.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 3 bedrooms are on the garden level - 2 double rooms and 1 with 2 single beds and a junior bed. There are 2 bedrooms on the top floor - 1 double and 1 with 2 single beds and a cot. There is large landing area on this floor which contains a single daybed.
- Notes on accommodation: While there is not off street parking, it is free and unrestricted on all the roads around the house. Outside: The large terrace on the garden level can be used for a BBQ dining area under a gazebo (stored in the annex - see picture), or as a table tennis area using the all weather table stored in the games room. Although the pool table is not for serious players kids can mess around on it without fear of breaking anything. There is a garden table and chairs which can be set wherever you choose . Feel free to use the two bikes that are kept by the swings and any of the boogie boards. There are also many toys and books in the house. Utility Room: Utility room contains Washing Machine, and hanging space for drying. (Another washing line located in the annex games room.) Iron and ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Property is cleaned between each rental and bath towels and linens (provided) are washed and changed. There is an optional €100 cleaning fee if you do not want to clean the house before departing. We ask it be left in the state you found it otherwise. Other: There is a study/office on the main floor through which the utility room and shower room are accessed. Perfect space to take advantage of the Wifi and catch up with work if you need to! Games room- shabby pool table, darts, table football and ping pong.