House in Moustier, Nr. Duras, Lot et Garonne, Aquitaine, France - Peaceful Location, 2 Kms Drive To The Pretty Village Of Allemans-du-Dropt By The River Dropt
Originally a charming stone barn, Le Rieutord has been tastefully renovated, extended & maintained to a high standard. This is a prestigious, attractive, detached house, retaining some original stone walls & beams & offering a rare opportunity for a game of tennis on your own tennis court. Well maintained with 5 bedrooms & 4 bath/shower rooms (2 en-suite) & 5th wc; an excellently equipped large kitchen/dining room with breakfast bar, farmhouse dining table for 10, bar & seating area, comfortable lounge, laundry room. Spacious outside dining terrace with wood dining table & chairs & lovely views. An electric awning provides shade. Next to the dining terrace is a private 9 x 4m swimming pool (pool depth: 0.90-1.70m) with corner steps & electric security cover. Sunbathing terrace surrounding pool with sun loungers. Fenced garden. Boules area at front of the house. The last of 4 houses in a private lane, and in 1 hectare of grounds, the property has commanding views over farmland & woods.
Top Traveller Review
Perfect property for a large family
About the Owner
Deborah & John at Living French Holidays have been involved in self-catering holiday accommodation in Aquitaine, South West France since 1990, and act as agent to the owner of this property. The property has been personally appraised by us and this is carried out on a continuing basis.
Deborah has a keen eye for detail and prefers to deal with all clients herself to ensure their particular holiday needs are understood and addressed. John speaks Spanish and is always delighted to help our Spanish-speaking clients.
Our philosophy is to ensure that our clients are impartially advised on the most suitable property for their needs. Our aim is to provide good quality, value for money holiday rental accommodation.
We only operate in the Gironde and Lot-et-Garonne of South West of France because they are areas we know and love so well.
We hope we can help you arrange your holiday accommodation in South West France and, if we can't help, then we probably know someone who can! Please call or email us.
We look forward to speaking to you,
Deborah & John.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Darvill Family - June 2012
"Spacious and comfortable layout, fantastic tennis court, beautiful views. We had a wonderful stay at Le Rieutord."
4.8 based on 4 holidaymaker reviews
family birthday party in france
House very well equiped had lot of fun on tennis court ,took own racquets and balls. Pool good but needed cleaning mid week and wasnt. Beds comfortable and house quiet at nights. An excellent week with grandchildren ranging from 11/2 to 11 years old it suited everyone.
Perfect property for a large family
A really first class property situated in the peaceful countryside between Duras and Eymet. The holiday had the perfect mix of relaxation with the pool, great wine and food; fun at night markets and fetes, and activity, with tennis. The property is near to good restaurants and also is near great food in supermarkets or markets and with a brilliant big kitchen to cook in. Only problem was - not enough hours in the day for all ages of the family to enjoy everything.
We all had such a fabulous time at Le Reiutord. The house was well equipped with everything you need and more. Love the extra fridge!
The house was perfect for two families, with plenty of space both inside and out. The tennis court was brilliant for the children and the adults, gave us all a bit of exercise during our calorific week! A beautiful setting looking out over the fields. Very private and close to many great villages and markets. Thank you for a fantastic week, we will definitely be back again!
Great for All Ages
Our party of nine ranged from my grandchildren aged 4, 13 and 14, their parents and my husband and me (touching 70). The house was terrific. Right in the countryside, surrounded by fields of sunflowers, it held enough to satisfy all three generations - tennis, pool, boules, and table tennis were played constantly. The house was big enough for us to keep our own space, but when we were together the furniture in the diing room and on the patio and equipment was enough for all. The bedrooms were great and there were five bathrooms, two near the pool (with a shower) and towels galore for both bedrooms and swimming pool. Laundry and kitchen equipment was first class, and there was always help on hand from Emma if needed (as when the boiler went out - fixed almost instantly).
We loved the local wine tasting, Duras market and a night market in Menteton, where there was also a superb restaurant. Lots of helpful leaflets in the house, but maybe a good map of the very local area would have been useful.
The only slight criticism from my husband was the TV was very small - but the rest of us never watched it apart from the 4 year old.
We hired 2 cara from SIXT and were both impressed with their service and the fact that it was the only firm with no queues when we collected it at the airport.
It was ideal for our special reunion, and I would recommend it without hesitation - provided you have a car to get around.
Activity and Interests
With 270km of Atlantic coastline, the region's western edge is one long expanse of sandy beach. Known as the Cote d'Argent (silver coast) it is a source of joy to swimmers, surfers & body boarders. Its high, rolling breakers make it one of the best surfing spots in Europe. Dune de Pyla, 3km long & 100m high, is the largest natural dune in Europe, & attracts thousands of hang gliders & sand boarders. The beaches are 1.5 to 2 hours drive.
Car hire or use of a car is essential.
Airports: Bordeaux - 1 hours drive. Bergerac - 40 mins drive. Toulouse - 2 hours. There are many routes from the UK being serviced by a handful of carriers. TGV train stops at either Libourne (45 mins drive) or Bordeaux station (1 hour drive). All the main car hire companies are available from these destinations. To drive from the northern French ferry ports, approximately 550 miles from Calais, Caen 430 miles. All timings and distances are approximate.
The village of Allemans-du-Dropt with a few shops, bars/restaurant, 2 kms. Shops, vineyards, tourist office, supermarkets, restaurants, cafe/bars, weekly markets, banks, post offices in Duras 10 kms. Monsegur (has 24-hr Jazz Swing weekend beg. July) & Eymet a little further away. City of Bordeaux 1 hour, Bergerac 40 minutes. St Emilion with the largest underground monolithic church in Europe built between the 8th & 12th centuries, 1 hour drive. Day trip to excavation sites and prehistoric caves.
Horse riding, fishing, clay pigeon shooting & canoing are all within easy reach.
The Atlantic coastline offers facilities for surfing & windsurfing. The city of Bordeaux is a magnificent example of 18th century grandeur with ancient quarters, wide avenues & numerous historical monuments, including the elegant Grand Theater (Opera House). It has a vibrant nightlife, a botanical garden, well known churches, museums & art galleries, good shopping & antique shops.
The region is blessed with three UNESCO World Heritage sites, within 20 minutes of Bordeaux - Port de la Lune in Bordeaux, St. Emilion & Blaye Citadel.
Bergerac Airport has a parachute club; Eymet an English Cricket Club which welcomes visitors. Bikes can be hired locally with delivery direct to the farmhouse. Tourist Offices have lots of brochures including suggestions for walks & bike rides.
The temperate climate is usually very agreeable, with warm weather normally beginning as early as April or May & lasting well into September & October for the grape harvest, 'vendange'. During the hot summer days there is usually a refreshing breeze.
The region is famous for wines (Bordeaux, Duras Entre-deux-Mer), Agen prunes, Marmande tomatoes, 'foie gras', duck dishes such as 'confit de canard' & 'magret de canard'.
For details on the Aquitaine area contact the French Tourist Office.
This is just a very brief introduction to an area that really does offer something for everyone. More detailed local information including vineyards, restaurants, beaches, sporting facilities & places of historic interest are included in the farmhouse House Book. For a taste of Bordeaux & nearby.
short on-line video, & you can view this website in English.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
11 Sep 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
18 Dec 2016 - 7 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
8 Jan 2017 - 10 Jun 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
11 Jun 2017 - 1 Jul 2017
6 night minimum stay
for 6 nights
2 Jul 2017 - 26 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
27 Aug 2017 - 9 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£550|
25% deposit due once booking confirmed. Balance to be paid 8 weeks prior to departure, both payments by bank transfer. £550 security deposit is payable by cheque prior to a holiday & this is not banked unless required & will be returned after your holiday.
The Peak Season rental of £2,495 includes pool heating which is charged as an extra out of this period.
Clients may arrive on the first day of their holiday from 4 pm. onwards. Departure on the last day of a holiday is before 10 am. Changeover day Sunday. Please enquire if you require a different arrival or departure day between October and May.
Notes on prices:
The pool can be heated on request for an additional local payment of 125 Euros per week. The temperature of the water can be heated to 26 degrees.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool ...
- Private Chef
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- winery tours
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite shower room to Bedroom 1: Shower, wash basin, wc. En-suite shower room to Bedroom 2: Shower, wash basin, wc. Family bathroom: Bath & overhead shower, wash basin, wc. Ground floor shower room: Shower, washbasin, wc. Ground floor separate wc.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Cot
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 11 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 2 cots and a Z-bed for a child of up to 10-years of age are available on request. Bedding and towels provided. The beds are made up with crisp white cotton Egyptian sheets. Master Bedroom with en-suite shower room. The room is dual aspect with countryside views and has a double bed. Bedroom 2 with double bed and en-suite shower room. Countryside views. Bedroom 3 with double bed, countryside views. Bedroom 4 with antique style twin beds, countryside views. Bedroom 5 with twin beds, Playstation 2 & Television. Velux window.
- Bicycles ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Tennis ...
- 11 bicycles
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Also provided are child stair gates, a baby bath, baby monitor, baby bottle sterilizer and warmer. The pool can be heated on request for an additional local payment of 125 Euros per week. The temperature of the water can be heated to 26 degrees. Outside: From the house, terraces and pool, guests look out over the garden and tennis court and will enjoy fine countryside views over the surrounding countryside. Off the ground floor living areas there is an outside dining terrace with wood dining table and 10 chairs. An electric awning provides shade when required. Next to the dining terrace is a private 9m x 4m swimming pool with corner steps and for safety an electric security cover. The depth of the pool is 0.90-1.70m. Sunbathing terrace next to the pool. The pool is normally open from April to October (optional heating available see above). Sun loungers are provided. BBQ. Table tennis. The garden is fenced. Beyond the house and pool, there is a private hard surface all-weather tennis court. A few rackets and balls are available to guests. It is recommended that clients bring their own equipment. At the front of the house there is an excellent area for playing boules. Off-road car parking area. Utility Room: This room is off the kitchen and offers a fitted worktop, washing machine, tumble dryer, airer, iron and ironing board, large fridge freezer. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The farmhouse is cleaned at the beginning & end of your holiday + 3 hours extra cleaning per week included in the rental. Cotton bed linen, bath & pool towels provided & changed weekly by English housekeeper. Extra cleaning, meals & babysitter on request. Other: A Z-bed for children up to 10 years of age and 2 cots with bedding are available on request, as well as 2 highchairs. All are provided free of charge.