House in Vaison La Romaine, Vaucluse, Cote DAzur, France - A Location Of Perfect Tranquility, 2 Miles To The Nearest Village Of Mollans-Sur-Ouveze
Rourebeau was discovered as a ruined farmhouse over 40 years ago and has been lovingly restored by the same family. It is situated on the border of the Drome and Vaucluse, in Northern Provence. The house is located down a short track and is surrounded by its own 3 acres of land. The nearest village is Mollans-sur-Ouveze, 2 miles away. It is in the undulating foothills of Mount Ventoux, surrounded by vineyards, olive groves and fruit orchards. It is a peaceful rural location surrounded by working farms, whilst being in easy reach of many of Provence’s best tourist attractions, including Avignon, Orange and its Roman theatre and Vaison La Romaine with its famous market. There are many outdoor activities possible with walking, climbing in the Dentelles, swimming in river gorges, cycling (Mount Ventoux for the adventurous), or just sun bathing. There are numerous delicious local restaurants and it is in the heart of the Cotes du Rhone wine producing country.
About the Owner
About Tim and Auriol Adams
We live in England and have three small children, but we spend our summer holidays at Rourebeau.
Tim and Auriol Adams purchased this house in 1960
Why Tim and Auriol Adams chose Drome Provencale
The house has been in our family since the 1960's when my parents first traveled to Provence and fell in love with the peace and beauty of the region. They found an old farmhouse and we have converted it over the years into a comfortable family holiday home. It's unique appeal is the perfect tranquility of the house and its setting amidst vineyards and sunshine. Local bakers, markets, restaurants, rivers and mountains are all there for exploring but its amazing how much time you can spend beside the swimming pool! We normally rent the house to friends and family but occasionally have some spare weeks to rent.
From the Owner
“The house has been in our family since the 1960's when my parents first traveled to Provence and fell in love with the peace and beauty of the region. They found an old farmhouse and we have converted it over the years into a comfortable family holiday home. It's unique appeal is the perfect tranquility of the house and its setting amidst vineyards and sunshine. Local bakers, markets, restaurants, rivers and mountains are all there for exploring but its amazing how much time you can spend beside the swimming pool! We normally rent the house to friends and family but occasionally have some spare weeks to rent.”
Activity and Interests
The Mediterranean coast is 2.5 hours drive away.
Rourebeau is located some 45 minutes to the east of Orange which is on the main auto route to the Mediterranean, 9.5 hours south of Calais, or 2 hours from Marseilles airport.
Nimes airport is about 90 minutes away, whilst Avignon TGV rail station is 75 minutes drive. The nearest medium sized town is Vaison La Romaine.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
2 Oct 2016 - 29 Apr 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Book direct with owners. Deposit required on booking and payment one month before the holiday.
Changeover day is Friday.
Notes on prices:
If outside main holiday periods, please discuss the length of stay/price with owner if you are a small group or couple.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 next to master bedroom with bath, shower, toilet. Bathroom 2 with bath (and shower head), toilet. Separate single toilet with basin.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master Bedroom 1 with super-king size double bed, traditional beamed ceiling and views towards Mount Ventoux, Bedroom 2 with double bed, Bedroom 3 with small double bed, Bedrooms 4 and 5 with bunk beds. Sofa bed and cot also available.
- Outside: Private garden and grounds of 3 acres and a swimming pool with fencing and alarm. Utility Room: Washing machine situated downstairs in small utility room. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and bathroom towels included. Cleaner visits once per week. Guests are asked to provide their own swimming towels. Other: Downstairs open plan playroom with children's toys and a large double bed for overflow sleeping. Outside terrace with teak table and chairs for 10.