1 bed south facing apartment with orchard & distant views in one acre garden
Two recently built architect designed contemporary apartments offering spacious accommodation in an idyllic garden setting in Battenhall, a leafy select residential area of Worcester. Beautifully maintained each spacious apartment provides a peaceful and comfortable environment in which to enjoy your holiday with a south facing aspect; Teme has delightful views towards the Malvern Hills. Severn has two bedrooms (sleeps 3/4) and split level Teme has one bedroom with very large open plan living room with sofa bed (sleeps 2+2). Both have luxury kitchen and bathroom with under floor heating and are personally maintained by the artist owners. They both offer 4 star accommodation for the discerning visitor and are ideally situated just 5 minutes by car from the centre of Worcester, or 20 minutes on foot; a 10 minute walk from open countryside and lovely walks, with Stratford, Cheltenham, Gloucester and the Cotswolds a short drive away. We are just 5 minutes from Junction 7 of the M5.
Details for holiday apartment Teme: Apartment Sleeps 4 (1 Bedroom), 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4, 1 Bathroom
This luxury architect designed apartment provides spacious split level accommodation. Downstairs there is a large bedroom with adjacent modern tiled bathroom with w.c, washbasin and shower bath and under floor heating. A stair case leads to a first floor very large open plan south facing sitting room (with TV and sofa bed), dining area (seating 4) with large windows overlooking a south facing lawned garden with far reaching views of the Malvern Hills. There is a fully fitted Shaker style oak kitchen including integrated fridge, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine, electric cooker, hob and microwave. Downstairs there are wooden floors with zoned under floor heating; upstairs is carpeted with radiators. It is spacious and light and filled with paintings. There is an attractive south facing courtyard garden which is well stocked with plants, with outdoor lighting, and garden furniture. There is a television, CD player, and free WiFi. A cot and high chair are available on request.
About the Owner
Artists Paul Powis & Sara Hayward have lived at Four Seasons in Worcester since 1998. "As artists we are very much aware of the importance of light and our new apartments are very spacious with high ceilings and huge windows. We pride ourselves on great attention to detail."
From the Owner
“"We love being able to walk or cycle into town but equally love the rural feel of the Battenhall area with its mature trees and easy access to open fields.We can recommend lots of great local walks many with panoramic view of the Malvern Hills. "We have all the benefits of living in a city yet living here is so peaceful and quiet it really is like living in the country."”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Artist owners Paul Powis and Sara Hayward can offer bespoke art courses to interested guests.
Worcester has two railway stations (Worcester Foregate Street and Worcester Shrub Hill) and both are a pleasant 20 minute walk from Four Seasons. The nearest airport is Birmingham International with a rail link to Worcester via Birmingham New Street. Alternatively it is a 40 minute drive from Birmingham International Airport to Worcester. Bristol airport is the next nearest airport with easy access on the M5 (about 90 minutes). It is an approximately 2.5 hour drive from Portsmouth Port.
Worcester is surrounded by pretty Worcestershire villages like Kempsey, and Crowle, and is approximately 6 miles from market towns such as Pershore and Upton-on-Severn; it is 20 miles from Stratford and Evesham, 25 miles from Hereford and Warwick, 30 miles from Ross-on-Wye and Birmingham, 40 miles from Banbury and Hay-on-Wye, 50 miles from Oxford and Bristol, and 96 miles from London. Worcester is also ideally situated to explore other areas of the Midlands.
Please note Four Seasons is entirely non-smoking and we do not accept pets. A babysitting service and spoken English lessons are available. A supermarket, post office, pub and hairdressers are a 5 minute walk away down the woodland path. Worcester has many lovely old pubs and restaurants and a folder in the apartment lists many of these. Worcester Porcelain Museum, Worcester Cathedral, Grey Friars (National Trust), The Commandery, the Race Course and the Cricket Ground are within walking distance of Four Seasons and there is a good local bus service available also. Outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy the opportunity to try hill walking, cycling, rowing, canoing, horse riding, sailing, golf and cricket. These popular sports are well served in the area with excellent facilities. The city has two swimming pools and two cinemas. Worcester, Droitwich, Malvern, Tewkesbury, Cheltenham and Birmingham also have excellent theatres.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
25 Sep 2016 - 28 Oct 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
For bookings made more than 8 weeks before arrival, a deposit of 30% of the total cost of the holiday is required. The balance is due 8 weeks before the holiday commences. For bookings made less than 8 weeks before arrival, the total amount is payable in full on booking. Payment can be made by direct transfer, or by cash or cheque. We regret credit/debit cards are not accepted. For bookings made less than two weeks before the start, payment must be made by cash or direct transfer. Internal door.
Weekly bookings are from Friday to Friday. Please contact us if you require a different start day. Short breaks are available from Friday to Monday, or Monday to Friday.
Notes on prices:
Please note we do not accept credit/ debit cards and a deposit is payable to confirm your reservation. Please note there is a minimum of a 3 night stay. You are welcome to book for less but you will be charged for 3 nights. Weekly bookings are from Friday to Friday. Please contact us if you require a different start day. Short breaks are available from Friday to Monday, or Monday to Friday. Daily bookings are by arrangement. Please note a security deposit is payable at time of booking.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“"Worcester is well placed as a fantastic base to explore other parts of England; for example, we are just one hour from the coastal town of Clevedon in Somerset and 2.5 hours from Exmouth on the Devon coast."”
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- Toys ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bath with shower over, wash hand basin and loo.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- One main double bedroom; large sofa bed available in other open plan living area.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Situated just 5 minutes from Junction 7 of the M5, we are tucked away down a quiet no through road within a large one acre garden (an oasis of wildlife within the city). Our contemporary apartments offer a peaceful and comfortable experience within the heart of the city of Worcester. Worcester City Center and the Cathedral are a twenty minute walk away and a local bus runs close by. A supermarket is just 5 minutes away on foot. Worcester is a delightful historical city with plenty to see and do and there are plenty of good pubs and restaurants. There are countless beautiful walks along the rivers Severn and Teme, and the Malvern Hills are close by. Families can enjoy the beautiful Worcestershire countryside whilst Birmingham, Cadbury’s World, the National Exhibition Centre, Stratford, Gloucester, Cheltenham and the Cotswolds offer great days out. Worcester is also ideally situated to explore other areas of the Midlands; Oxford, for example, the Brecon Beacons and the Peak District. Outside: Severn and Teme are situated within the large one acre mature garden of Four Seasons. Our garden is very private surrounded by Leylandii hedging with an avenue of acers, many silver birch trees, and an old established orchard of apple trees. Surrounded by trees and adjacent to natural woodland and allotments, it is hard to believe we are within the city. We enjoy distant views of the Malvern Hills and in a south facing position which is a sun trap. The location is a haven for wild life with birds such as woodpeckers, magpies, woodpigons and robins, and four legged visitors such as squirrels and foxes. Each apartment has the use of a south facing terrace with well stocked borders, including lavender, honeysuckle, camellias, herbs and roses, garden furniture and outdoor lighting.