House in Mosset Valley nr. Prades, Languedoc-Roussillion, France - Secluded 4 Bedroom House in Rural Location Yet Close To All Amenities.
The house is cosy, simple in style and easy to manage. There are four good sized bedrooms which sleep up to 8 (2 doubles, 2 twins) and a shower room with loo. Downstairs is open plan with living, kitchen area and conservatory. A wood burning stove heats the living area which includes digital UK and French TV with Freeview, DVD and mp3 compatible stereo and WiFi.The kitchen is fully equipped and includes a dishwasher. The downstairs bathroom has a bath, shower, loo and washing machine. An L-shaped conservatory is a great respite from the afternoon heat where there are comfy chairs and a summer dining room. Outside, there are terraces, deck and shaded pergola where we eat. The 6 x 10 metre swimming pool is surrounded by stunning views of the mountains. The pool is alarmed to meet the latest legal requirements.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Beaches along the Mediterranean are 50 minutes away. They are very nice but can get very busy in high season. A bit further away but worth the effort are the Spanish beaches of the Costa Brava. Great food and all different types of resort from little mountain inlets to large sweeping resorts. It's also easy to combine a day on the beach with a few nights in Barcelona which is about 2 and half hours drive from the house.
The nearest airport to the house is Perpignan, about 45 minutes drive. Ryanair fly there from March to October as do BMI and FlyBE. Alternatively the other nearby airports are: Carcasonne (1.5 hours), Beziers (1.5 hours), Montpellier (2 hours) or Girona (2 hours). All these are with Ryanair. Girona offers the best prices as it is the Costa Brava hub but it is a 2 hour drive and to rent a car, you have to pay an additional insurance to travel in France.
Mosset 2 kilometres
Prades 8 kilometres
Campome 1 kilometre
Molitg-les-Bains 2 kilometres
Perpignan 45 kilometres
Barcelona 300 kilometres
There are numerous hikes and excursions of interest nearby and a huge variety of sporting activities:- Skiing, trekking, canyoning, fishing, mountain biking, tennis, horse riding and golf to name but a few.
If you are lucky enough to be at the house at the end of July/early August be certain to go to Mosset (a 3 minute drive) to see the opera staged at the village castle. Mosset is ‘Un de les plus beaux villages de France’ and the opera involves both professional opera singers as well as the local villagers in a spectacle that is gaining global recognition.
Nearby, you can indulge and pamper yourself at the thermal spa at Molitg-le Bains - an impressive ‘gothic’ hotel perched against the rock in the gorges of the Castellanels. As well as providing massage and beauty treatments based on its renowned thermal plankton found in the waters, this is a lake-side hydrotherapy centre treating respiratory, rheumatic and skin disorders
The nearest large town is Prades (a 10 minute drive) which has all amenities including excellent supermarkets. Prades is a French Catalan town with a pretty central square overlooked by restaurants and the Romanesque church of St Pierre. There is an extensive and colourful market on Tuesday mornings and during the summer months Prades hosts the famed Pablo Casals music festival.Not to miss are visits to the fortified town of Villefranche de Conflent with its Fort Liberia and where Le petit Train Jaune – the little Yellow Train, can be picked up which snakes its way up the mountain to Mont Louis. Other fascinating visits are to Abbaye de Saint Michel-de-Cuxa, dating from the 9th century and Abbaye de St-Martin du Canigou, 66820 Casteil.
Finally, a climb up Mount Canigou – either a four wheel drive and two hour trek or eight hour climb, is not to missed for the more adventurous.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
£500.00 refundable deposit required. Final total required 8 weeks prior to rental.
Changover day is Saturday
Payment 8 weeks before the start of your holiday
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The downstairs bathroom has a bath with shower, basin and loo. There is also a washing machine. Upstairs the bathroom has a walk-in shower, loo and basin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Two double rooms and two twins. The two double bedrooms have lovely mountain views . One twin has two full size single beds and the second one full size bed and one slightly smaller, child's bed. All rooms have fans and mosquito screens.
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Outside: The swimming pool is a particular feature; it is 6m x 10m and has an uninterrupted view of the mountain range and a stunning view of Mount Canigou. However, the pool is deep and unsuitable for young children, even though alarmed to meet safety standards. As the pool is not suitable for small children, we do not rent the house to people with children under 8 years. There is a large deck and terraced eating area over looking the pool and mountain views. Higher terraced areas provide the perfect sun-downer spot. There are 10 acres for you to enjoy providing total seclusion and peace and quiet teaming with wild life (birds, deer and wild boar - if you are lucky enough to see them! A mountain track winds up the mountain behind the house for perfect walks on your door step. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bath towels and hand towels are included but not pool towels. Linen changed weekly but the washing machine is yours to use whenever. The house can be cleaned during your stay - you'll need to arrange this with the house managers. Other: The conservatory is accessed via the kitchen. Overlooking the pool and sun deck, it's perfect for evening dining if the temperature drops and with comfy chairs and sofas, its the ideal place to snooze of any lunchtime excess!