Apartment in Tavira, Eastern Algarve, Portugal - 1 Bedroom Apartment Sleeps 2/4 (Sofa bed in Lounge)
Eastern Algarve, Free Parking Directly outside building, Large Balcony, Sleeps 2/4 People (1 Bedroom).
Top Traveller Review
Highly recommended Apt
About the Owner
My name is Kathryn. I live in Ireland. I purchased my apartment in 2006 and feel Tavira is a fabulous holiday destination. If you need any more information please do not hesitate to contact me.
4.8 based on 6 holidaymaker reviews
Abolutely perfect location just off the centre.
Clean and well maintained property just a few minutes walk from the centre of Tavira. This is perfect for a couple or small family who are just wanting a relaxing break, close enough to lots of restaurants should you wish to eat out. Main shopping centre is also only a 10 minute or so walk from the porperty making it very convenient even if you have no car.
I would definately recommend this property and we are hoping to book this again for next year.
Highly recommended Apt
We arrived in Tavira for a weeks holiday and were impressed with the apartment, its very near bishops square and only short walk from the porta nova train station. The apartment was like a home away from home with everything you could possibly need. Ray (whom we met to collect the key) couldnt have been more helpful and recommended fabulous places to eat and drink. Thanks to Vinnie and Joy for manys a great night in there Irish bar. We will certainly return to this apartment next year.
My boyfriend & I spent a fab 7/8 days in the apartment in Tavira which was within minutes of Bishop's Square & the Roman Bridge.
A very well equipped apartment with spacious south facing sun terrace.
It is serviced by Cafe Venezuela (opposite) which is an on-site bakery/coffee shop which is open typically from 5am - 10pm.
Tavira is a beautiful, unspoilt and largely undiscovered little town on the Eastern Algarve and I would not hesitate recommending both the town and this apartment.
The quality and cost of eating in the local restaurants is superb; with many local bars offering a full range of drinks and live music.
With superb train links (only a few metres from Porta Nova Station) you can travel west to Faro & beyond or East towards the Spanish border.
Particularly love the water bus across to the Beach.
A perfect apartment! Met on arrival at the train station, shown around apartment, and given helpful advice and tips. Plenty of space in the apartment, kitchen very well equipped, and all the rooms clean and well maintained. The balcony is an excellent size (far bigger than the average) and great for alfresco breakfasts. The location couldn't be better - quiet area but very near to numerous cafes and a mini-mart. A short stroll to the action in the town centre. The train station makes it easy to visit other towns/fishing villages along the coast - no need for a car.
There are no negatives to this apartment - we will definitely re-visit.
I loved the apartment, it was wonderful to sit on the balcony and relax in the morning before walking the short distance into the town. It was so peaceful and quiet but great to be so close to all the restaurants and bars. There was a lot to do and see. The apartment had everything I needed, was well equipped spacious and spotless. I would definitely recommend it and I'm already planning my next stay there.
We stayed here for 5 days. The apartment is well equipped and located within easy access of town and facilities. Would recommend this comfortable spacious flat for your stay in Tavira.
From the Owner
“- Short flight time - Easy to get to from Faro airport - Excellent public transport route trains/taxis/buses - Property only 400 metres from Porto Nova train station - Wonderful scenic location - Apartment located in the town centre”
Activity and Interests
All beaches have the converted EEC blue flag safe with small tides where you can walk, swim or just relax. Boasting one of the warmest temperatures in the Algarve. Tavira island and Barril beach can be reached by a ferry/aqua taxi within 3 minutes walk of the apartment.
- Faro airport 32kms
- Train and bus station close by
- Train bus and shuttle bus and taxis directly from Faro to Tavira
- Car Hire available at Faro airport
- Access from Porto Nova train station to Spanish border and Faro/Lisbon
- Bus tours available daily from local tourist office (Seville, Gibraltar, Lisbon, Porto and more local destinations)
Seville 2 Hours
Lisbon 3.5 hours
Albufeira 1 hour
Tavira is one of the most unspoilt towns in the Algarve with the river Rio Galao running through the centre. The town maintains its historic medieval past with a castle and 30 churches. There is a daily market offering fresh fish and vegetables. Tavira boasts an outdoor amphitheater which provides open air entertainment. The Rio Formosa natural reserve park is a world heritage site. This is a bird watchers paradise and a must see. Lots of walks and entertainment for all the family. There is an excellent choice of restaurants where food is very well priced.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
31 Oct 2016 - 31 Mar 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Apr 2017 - 31 Oct 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
-Price includes utilities, bed linen and towels. Smokers are requested not to smoke in the apartment but can do so on the balcony.
-Bookings 6 weeks prior to arrival with 25% deposit required at time of booking. Payment by Bank credit transfer
- Remainder payable in full, four weeks before travel.
- Bookings less than 4 weeks prior to arrival 100% payable at time of booking
Change over day is flexible. Arrival time is normally 4pm and departure time is normally 10am, however this can be flexible on agreement with meet and greet agents.
Notes on prices:
Prices are for the property per week in Euro. Stays for less than 7 nights are on a pro rata basis.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“- Close to restaurants, cafe's and bars - walking distance to all shops and amenities - Access to numerous white sandy beaches - Sunshine nearly all year round”
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom is spacious and contains WC, whb, vanity unit including mirror, bath and mains shower over bath, hairdryer
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: 1 Double Bed, Electric Fan, Bedside Locker, Lamp Hallway: Fitted Wardrobe access to bedroom and bathroom
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: This accommodation is in a quiet block of only five apartments within a three minute walk to riverside cafe's, bars and restaurants. Venezuala cafe bar/ bakery is situated directly across from the apartment block. Mini market is approx 1 minute walk whilst Tavira Grand Plaza shopping centre with cinema complex and food court is 10 minutes walk. Outside: Large Balcony with table, 4 chairs and parasol Umbrella. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and Linen are included (please bring own beach towels) property is cleaned on departure. Ironing board and Iron available NOTE; adjacent to my Apartment is a 3 bed Apartment; Owners Direct Ref; 8170339. This information is provided in the event that guests may want to reserve additional accommodation for friends or family.