Lovely Barn near Alton, Hampshire - Peaceful location up a quiet country lane
This delightful 'oak' framed annexe enjoys a southerly aspect and far reaching views over the Hampshire countryside. The bedroom has been tastefully decorated and furnished with the comfort of guests very much in mind. Similarly, the downstairs kitchen come dining come ‘relaxation’ area is appropriately equipped to ensure an enjoyable and memorable stay. The kitchen area comprises all necessary appliances:- gas range cooker with two ovens,upright refrigerator, space within an upright freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer, dishwasher, microwave, kettle and toaster. The dining area looks out over the garden and the farmland beyond. A three seater sofa is suitably positioned in front of the 42" remote controlled flat screen TV which has full SKY HD. There is also a DVD, a video player, broadband internet access and wi fi.
The Owners Direct Pricing/Rate Module is 'defaulted' and limited in its ability to display pricing that deviates in any way from their module. In other words, it does not allow for a more individualistic pricing structure. Even more frustratingly, it is not possible to complete the property information without filling in at least one of their pricing options. Accordingly, we have taken a date at random and entered our minimum price of £150 for the first night. Two nights on the other hand, cost only £170 between October and March, £180 from April to June and £190 in July and August.
The following is taken from our website, www.neathambarn.com :-
We love long stay bookings, whether it be because you are are seconded to work locally during the week, or perhaps because you need temporary accommodation whilst your own property is being refurbished. Either way, depending on the time of year, we may be able to offer attractive rates for continuous stays of at least a month or longer, so please enquire.
For shorter stays, our rates for two persons from October 2016 are as follows:-
One night only - £150 (minimum charge)
Two (consecutive) nights
October to March - £170
April to June - £180
July, Aug, Sept - £190
Additional nights, up to 4 (per night)
October to March - £70
April to June, Sept - £90
July, August - £95
A full week (7 nights)
October to March - £495
April to June, Sept - £595
July, August - £645
For bookings of two nights or more, a reduction of 20% will be applied to the above prices if the booking is for one guest only.
For babies/toddlers in a cot/bed provided by you, there is a flat charge of £5 per night or £25 per week, whichever is the lesser. If the sofa bed is required for a child up to and including twelve years old, there is an additional charge of £15 per night or £75 per week, whichever is the lesser. For anyone over twelve years old, the additional charge for the sofa bed is £25 per night or £120 per week, whichever is the lesser.
Prices stated are inclusive of all linen and towels, gas, electricity, full SKY HD and broadband/wi fi internet access.
'Maid' (cleaning) services are not provided other than by special arrangement. For Guests staying longer than seven nights, fresh linen and towels will be provided weekly on a 'self change' basis.
Dogs - please see the note on dogs in General Info. If we have consented to you bringing one dog, there is a charge of £8 per night or £40 per week, whichever is the lesser.
Top Traveller Review
We had a fantastic stay here.
About the Owner
About Alastair Carey
I live in Hampshire with Liz, my wife, Liz. Our three children, Charlie (girl), Ben and J-J (girl) have 'flown' the nest and work in London but return home regularly. I run an outside catering company and Liz runs the Health Centre at a nearby private school. We have a self catering barn, ref E5008, in the grounds of our cottage in a lovely and peaceful part of Hampshire close to Alton. We take family holidays in the Algarve and also in the Highlands of Scotland (where, if truth be told, my heart is).
Alastair Carey purchased this barn in 1995
Why Alastair Carey chose Hampshire
In our view, London is no place to bring up children so when an opportunity arose to take over a cousin's catering company in Hampshire, we upped our Battersea sticks and headed for the 'good life'.
We constructed the Barn around 2004 and as Neatham Cottage itself enjoys a lovely, peaceful and rural setting up a quiet country lane, so too does the barn.
The lane is a no through road which essentially means the only traffic is the odd farm vehicle from next door or from other Neatham residents (very few!).
What makes this barn unique
Please see the property website www.neathambarn.com where there is lots and lots of additional info.
(1 traveller reviews)
We had a fantastic stay here.
This is a fantastic property and exactly what we were looking for. It's a beautiful setting and very peaceful. Lots of attention to detail from the owners and lots of entertainment options including a full sized pool table..
From the Owner
“In our view, London is no place to bring up children so when an opportunity arose to take over a cousin's catering company in Hampshire, we upped our Battersea sticks and headed for the 'good life'. We constructed the Barn around 2004 and as Neatham Cottage itself enjoys a lovely, peaceful and rural setting up a quiet country lane, so too does the barn. The lane is a no through road which essentially means the only traffic is the odd farm vehicle from next door or from other Neatham residents (very few!).”
Activity and Interests
The south coast is less than an hour away.
Use of a car is recommended
The village of Holybourne is less than a mile by road or half a mile if walking. The market town of Alton is two and a half miles away.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
To confirm a booking, a deposit of £75 or 20% of the total rental, whichever is the greater, is required. Payment of the total rental, less any deposit paid, is due four weeks before your first night.
Changeover day is entirely flexible. Arrival and departure times are also flexible but as a general rule, unless discussed and agreed otherwise, guests are asked not to arrive before 4pm and to vacate by 10am.
Notes on prices:
A reduction of 20% is offered for single occupancy.
For babies/toddlers in a cot provided by you, there is a flat charge of £15 per week. If the ‘z’ bed is required for a child up to twelve years old, there is an additional charge of £10 per night or £30 per week, whichever is the lesser.
For continuous periods of eight days or longer, a percentage reduction to the above may be applied. This will depend upon the length of the intended duration of the stay and the time of year.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Please see the property website www.neathambarn.com where there is lots and lots of additional info.”
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Pool Table ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- The bathroom is en-suite to the bedroom and contains a shower enclosure, a bath, a loo and a wash basin.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1
- The bedroom, which is on the first floor and accessed via an external staircase, has been tastefully decorated and furnished with the comfort of guests very much in mind. There are two beds (one soft, one not so soft) which can be 'zip and linked' to form a super king size double. The en-suite bathroom contains a shower cubicle as well as a bath and there is an unlimited supply of hot water. Heating is thermostatically controlled and is adjustable according to guests' preferences. A pedestal cooling fan is available during hot weather. Broadband and wif/fi is available in the room.
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: There are two beds (one soft, one not so soft) which can be 'zip and linked' to form a king size double. The en-suite bathroom contains a shower cubicle as well as a bath and there is an unlimited supply of hot water. Heating is thermostatically controlled and is adjustable according to guests' preferences. A pedestal cooling fan is available during hot weather. The spacious downstairs area is multi functional not least of which are the facilities for self catering - gas range cooker, microwave, refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer, guests can really be pretty self sufficient. And that’s not to mention the large 42” flat screen remote controlled television, dvd and video players, a full size pool table and even table football. Needless to say, there’s a working area set up with broadband internet access in addition to the Wi Fi which is available throughout the barn and the garden. There is full SKY HD in the the Barn. Outside: Guests are free to enjoy the peaceful setting of the garden. Outdoor furniture is provided and for the more energetic, there is an all weather surface tennis court. Rackets and balls available if required.