Villa in Montesquieu-des-Alberes, Pyrenees Orientales, Languedoc-Roussillon, France - Spacious (84m2) Split Level Living Room. Large Outdoor Dining Terrace overlooking pool
Spacious, contemporary villa with panoramic views over Roussillon plain. Private 9mx4m swimming pool with south-facing terrace. Spacious outside dining terrace with BBQ fireplace. Open-plan split-level living room with TV (French and free-to-air English channels), DVD player and wood-burning stove. WiFi broadband internet access. Table tennis. No passing traffic. Off-street parking. Direct access to open countryside for hiking and mountain biking. Located on the lower slopes of the Alberes mountains at the eastern end of the Pyrenees bordering the Mediterranean coast. 25km south of Perpignan, 15 minutes drive from the Mediterranean, 15 minutes drive from the Spanish border. Walking distance to award-winning vineyard whose wine has been described by Jimmy Smith of the West London Wine School as ‘class in a glass’. Nearby coastal resorts include Argeles with its long, golden beaches and Collioure with its beautiful medieval harbour.
About the Owner
We are the Masters family and we live in the UK and visit Montesquieu-des-Alberes whenever we can, enjoying the year-round sunny weather and uplifting clarity of the light which attracted such famous artists as Picasso and Matisse to the area.
Guestbook comments from the owner
-Best of six houses stayed in the area in recent years. Wonderful views, lovely pool, quiet location. A perfect family summer holiday.
-We enjoyed a lovely fortnight at Villa Mimosa. Our kids loved the pool, we enjoyed the luxurious and spacious villa, the summer kitchen and sunsets on the front terrace.
-We had a wonderful time in this beautiful house. Lots of fun for the children at the pool.
-A really lovely house, we had a great time in the pool. Great beaches and towns nearby.
-Great house - very spacious and a fabulous pool.
-Pool in near-constant use. Sunsets from front terrace not to be missed.
-Outdoor kitchen great for long evening meals and games of cards assisted by nice Rivesaltes wine.
-Great house. Loved everything about it. I will miss it.
-Un super moment en famille, une tres jolie maison au calme avec de superbe vue. Merci pour cette semaine magnifique.
From the Owner
“The location is brilliant. Montesquieu is a tranquil village, with an away-from-it-all feel and direct access to beautiful hillside walks and the mountain trails in the foothills of the Pyrenees, yet it offers very easy access to diverse areas of interest. For us the highlights are family-friendly beaches within 20 minutes’ drive; the beautiful fishing village of Collioure, the jewel of the Vermillion coast with its medieval castle, harbour and many restaurants, the Catalan culture which doesn’t exist elsewhere in France, the vibrant local markets offering fresh, local produce and easy day trips to Spain (the border is less than 15 minutes’ drive away).”
Activity and Interests
The nearest coastal resort - 15 minutes away by car- is Argeles with its long sandy beaches and palm-fringed promenade. Further south the beaches are more pebbly with good opportunities for sailing, snorkeling and fishing.
Airport drive time: Perpignan 30 mins; Gerona 50 mins; Beziers 1hr 20; Carcassonne 1hr 20; Montpellier 1hr 40; Barcelona 2hrs; Nimes 2hrs; Toulouse 2hrs. Car essential.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
17 Sep 2016 - 23 Dec 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
25% deposit on booking. Balance payable 8 weeks prior to arrival. £500 security deposit. All utilities included. Hire of linen can be arranged locally on request.
Changeover day Saturday in July and August. Flexible changeover outside high season. Arrival 10am, Departure 4pm.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We never tire of the view over the Roussillon plain from the house or when enjoying a glass of award-winning wine from one of the village’s three vineyards on the front terrace as it goes dark and the twinkling lights can be seen for miles and miles. Another pleasure is eating outside on the shaded terrace overlooking the swimming pool, which is conveniently located right next to the house. When we do want to stay indoors, the spacious 84m2 living room means there’s ample room for family and friends without ever feeling cramped and the addition of a wood-burning stove makes this a welcoming space year round.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 with bath/shower, double handbasin, WC and bidet. Bathroom 2 with bath/shower, handbasin. Shower room. Separate WC. Cloakroom with WC and handbasin.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed. Bedroom 2 with double bed. Bedroom 3 with twin beds. Bedroom 4 with twin beds. Mezzanine sleeping area with single bed and full-size rollaway single bed.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: One double bedroom, one bathroom and a small mezzanine area with a single bed and full-size roll away single bed are arranged as a guest suite, accessed via its own staircase in the hall. A separate staircase in the hall leads down to the other double bedroom, the two twin bedrooms, the other bathroom, shower room and separate WC. Outside: With its own private 9m x 4m swimming pool (1m to 2m deep), the villa is located on a sloping 2750m2 plot. The large dining terrace/summer kitchen overlooking the swimming pool provides welcome shade in the heat of the day. The front terrace overlooking the Roussillon plain is also equipped with table and chairs; it's a favourite spot for dinner as the sun goes down and the lights start to twinkle across the plain. Utility Room: Washing machine, additional fridge/freezer, iron, ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen available for hire locally on request. Other: Entrance hallway with access to front terrace overlooking Roussillon plain.