Thatched Cottage in Moelfre, Anglesey, North Wales - Very Pretty With Sunny Garden
Ty'n y Graig is an idyllic thatched cottage in the seaside village of Moelfre, on the beautiful island of Anglesey, only a few minutes walk from the beach. Ideal for families and couples. Pet friendly. In the summer, enjoy a glass or two of wine in the large sunny garden and in winter, curl up in front of the log burner.
Anglesey is a beautiful island, with long sandy beaches, little rocky coves and dramatic cliff top footpaths, with the backdrop of the majestic mountains of Snowdonia. In an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, so perfect for walking, fishing, sailing, golf, windsurfing, boat trips and bird watching. If that sounds too energetic, there are numerous country pubs, serving food (for other activities, see below). Ty'n y Graig is a no smoking cottage. WiFi.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Rob and Nia have been successfully letting cottages on the beautiful Island of Anglesey for the past 6 years. Nia is from the island but they now live in the Manchester area, but return as often as possible. The cottages are managed by local people, so there is always someone on hand. Nia and Rob are keen to make their cottages as comfortable as possible, a home from home. All are within walking distance, or a short drive, of lovely beaches and country pubs/restaurants. Anglesey is an easy drive from cities such as Manchester and Liverpool, taking under 2 hours, but it feels a world away! Come and see for yourselves.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We had a super stay. We've rented in the UK and Europe and your cottage is one of the best. The multitude of seating areas, in the house and garden, create a superb ‘Zen’ feel to the entire cottage. The subtle décor touches and themes around the cottage set it off very well. The location and position of the cottage is fantastic"
"Fantastic cottage - very pretty with lots of space. Location was perfect for the many beautiful cliff/beach walks...and then home to a hot drink in front of the logburner. Local shop is walkable and has fresh bread, cakes & pies. The garden's worth a mention - spacious, lots of seating, BBQ and extremely quaint. We are going back"
"We stayed in the cottage for our Silver Wedding. Our family also stayed in the mobile homes. We had the most amazing time. The cottage was way beyond our expectations & the gardens are a delight. The local pub does great food and the beaches are lovely. We have booked to go again...can't wait. We highly recommend a stay here"
4.7 based on 12 holidaymaker reviews
Lovely cottage with easy access to countryside and beaches.
We enjoyed our stay. Appreciated having 2/3 living rooms especially when it rained - very nice to sit in the conservatory overlooking the garden. Nicely decorated throughout. Large private garden with places to sit. Double bed very comfy. Shower nice.
A few thoughts -
* the double bedroom and the bathroom both have very high ceilings which could have done with a more thorough clean. We saw a couple of (dead) spiders and woodlice on furnishings upstairs. There was a spot above the toilet where a crane fly had died in a spider's web and bits of black stuff kept landing on the cistern.
* re the high ceilings - a bulb in the bathroom over the shower had gone and clearly been overlooked.
* the kitchen is cramped, but just about ok. The cutlery drawer was not very clean so we took out all the knives and forks and washed them before use. The clock needed a new battery.
* we did our best to recycle but it would have helped to have earmarked containers inside the house for different types of waste; ditto with the boxes at the end of the drive. They were in a bit of a mess when we arrived and I can't see how some of the contents could have been usefully recycyled.
* we found the tv a bit complicated to use, with different controllers.
* the double bedroom window latch is a bit stiff.
While we were there, both of the caravans had power cuts and we had several knocks on the door, thinking that we were the owners perhaps. We tried to help which involved going into the understairs cupboard but I believe the people were without power for some hours, perhaps even overnight.
In spite of this longish list, as I said, we enjoyed our stay overall and appreciated the thought that had gone into making the cottage welcoming. It just felt in need of a bit more TLC.
It was a lovely cottage to stay in for our 4 day short break. Moelfre is a super village with a lovely pub and not too busy as we were out of season. We had a few good walks out from the cottage and the drove to South Stacks on Holyhead for a different view!! The communication before our stay was good, however I have a couple of issues; firstly I was disappointed we had to pay extra for the wifi and secondly there were no basic essentials such as washing up liquid or cloth, and not even one toilet roll!!! This would have been less of a issue if we had been told before we arrived or there was more than a local shop that had limited supplies and closed at 5.30. If we had arrive later we would have had to get straight back in the car to get these essentials. Over all we had a great few days and would recommend it to anyone.
A lovely, cosy, warm, welcoming cottage in a secluded setting, but with easy access to local amenities. An easy 10-15 minute walk to the Kinmel Arms, which is a friendly pub serving good food. Also only 10-15 mins walk from the coastal path. A large, secure garden which our chocolate labrador loved. An absolutely wonderful place and highly recommended.
What a magical place!! Absolutely loved our week stay in this cottage!! Beautiful place, we will be certainly returning! My partner proposed to me while sitting in the sun in the garden and couldn't been a better setting! Thank you :)
Made with love
While still staying at ty'n y graig I have to say, we couldn't have chosen it better and it is hard for us returning home in two days.
The cottage is very cosy, lovely decorated, gives you the feeling of being at home. The internet doesn't reach the reality at all. Our children loved it, which is really remarkable because their expectations (two agile boys and a teenaged girl) are usually going apart in the point how a good holiday setting should be. It was nice to have the two caravans in the back of the house, so you weren't that lonely. We never felt disturbed within the two weeks even though there were several turnovers during our stay. Rob and Nia were very helpful and patient with us as coming from abroad or as you say from Europe, booking and paying is always a little exciting for us. Thank you very much this wonderful stay. This is/was the best Place to be! Esther & Harry
"What a Find"
Just returned after a 3 day break in this fab cottage.
It`s so warm and cosy it wraps its arms around you.We fell in love with it
as soon as we saw it. Internal decor and gardens are beautiful.Location is in a lovely private spot.Booking was so easy withe the help of nia the owner. Would Recommend.
Activity and Interests
Only a few minutes walk to Moelfre beach and only a few minutes drive to Lligwy beach, which is a very large sandy beach.
Anglesey is within easy driving distance of Manchester and Liverpool (under 2 hours) and Birmingham is approximately 2 1/2 hours away.
A car is recommended but is not essential.
Moelfre is a small village on the east coast of Anglesey. It has its own beach, a couple of pubs serving food, coffee shops, restaurant, a village shop and a fish and chip shop. There are numerous lovely sandy beaches within a short drive. It is well located for access to the many tourist attractions.
There are many tourist attractions and activities for all ages both on Anglesey and within a short drive including:
Coastal walking and mountain hiking, fishing (sea and fresh water), day trips to Ireland, carting, horse riding, indoor play areas/ball pools, sea zoo, sports centres, swimming pools, castles (Beaumaris, Caernarfon and Conwy), fantastic beaches, race circuit, National Trust properties (Plas Newydd and Penrhyn Castle), golf courses, farm parks, sea bird centre, Welsh Mountain Zoo, dry ski slope and toboggan run, theatre, Stone Science centre, copper mines, bird watching, butterfly farm, Greenwood Family Adventure Park, steam train rides including the Snowdonia Mountain Railway, slate quarries, Puffin Island and Menai Straits cruises, canoe hire, bike hire and, of course, numerous pubs, coffee shops and restaurants.
Up to 2 small or medium sized well behaved dogs are accepted at £15 per dog
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
29 Oct 2016 - 21 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Christmas and New Year
22 Dec 2016 - 3 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Easter school holidays
3 Mar 2017 - 16 Apr 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
To book, or if you have any questions, please ring or email us.
Changeover day is flexible outside school holidays. In the summer holidays, changeover is usually on a Saturday. Arrival is after 3pm and departure is by 10am.
Notes on prices:
Short breaks are usually Friday to Monday (3 nights) or Monday to Friday (4 nights) and are charged at approximately 70% of the weekly price.
WiFi is available at an additional charge:
1-3 night stay - £10
4-7 night stay - £20
8-14 night stay - £30
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Room
- DVD Player
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- There is a modern bathroom with bath and seperate shower.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (3 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - kingsize bed, lovely beamed ceiling & walk in wardrobe Bedroom 2 - twin bedroom, decorated in a fresh seaside theme Bedroom 3 -cute single room on ground floor 2nd living room can be used as 4th bedroom - double sofa bed with memory foam
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Notes on accommodation: Couples, families and groups are very welcome. However, for group bookings, there must be at least 2 members of the group over the age of 24 years. All male/female groups, please contact us first. There is no smoking at Ty'n y Graig. Dogs are welcome. WiFi is available at an additional charge: 1-3 night stay - £15 4-7 night stay - £20 8-14 night stay - £30 Outside: Ty'n y Graig cottage has its own large private garden. There are two patio areas with tables and chairs for outside dining, and several other seating areas. There is also a barbecue. There is parking for 1 car. If you need a second parking space, please let us know before you go. Towels / Linen : Bedding is included but you will need to bring your own towels. A delightful thatched cottage within walking distance of the beach. Its layout is such that it feels cosy enough for 2 but is large enough for 7. It is in a lovely setting, with large sunny garden. Easy walk to pubs and restaurants/bistro