Villa in Linhares, Paredes de Coura, Portugal - Peaceful Location, 20 Minutes To The Beach, Top Quality Facilities
This superb villa is “easy” and feels “like a home”, due to its warm and atmosphere as well as to the distribution of the rooms and leisure areas. Classical harmony blends in with modern comforts: these carefully selected ingredients are the magic formula to this enchanting place. This follows years of research into the positive energy of objects, colours, greenery and space! The property’s valuable equipment includes wood and terracota flooring, pleasant air conditioning system throughout the house, turkish steam room to be used with aromatherapy oils - beautician and/or massage services can be booked in advance and payable locally - and a heatable private swimming pool. In addition, each of the 5 bedrooms is equipped with is own shower room with one of the bedrooms being suitable for the disabled.
About the Owner
I am Portuguese and live in my country with my husband and 2 small children. We both work and spend most of our free time exploring the beautiful Minho region.
Guestbook comments from the manager
We stayed here for two weeks in July 2012 and had an absolutely amazing holiday! My husband and I travel a lot all around the World and I have to say his is among the best places we have ever found. Wonderful villa: The house has been just recently completely renovated to a very high standard and with amazing attention to detail (from the turkish steam bath to the well-equipped kitchen for those who enjoy cooking to the childsafe pool to the all Portuguese furniture to…). It is well-designed, clean, comfortable and a nice combo of homely, modern and authentic Portugese. The house is in a very private setting, has a nice pool, sunbeds and a big dining table. Very green garden with for example herbs, strawberrys, lemon trees etc. The view is absolutely amazing, overlooking a green valley. Also, we found Northern Portugal in general to be very peaceful and tourist-free, the people are very friendly and it is a beautiful part of the world. Best wishes. Jennie & Martin (Sweden), July 2012
From the Owner
“This property was choosen for a major renovation project due to its location and view, amongst other interesting factors. It underwent a long and careful refurbishment finished in March 2012, aimed at letting the ancient character of the typical Minho house and its human environment, adding all the comfort and facilities required by holiday makers who are looking to explore the superb Minho region, described by many tourist guides as the "Treasure of Portugal". Classical harmony and tasteful decoration blends in with modern comforts: these carefully selected ingredients are the magic formula to this enchanting place.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Cooking lessons, massage / beauty treatments and wine tasting available at the villa.
Caminha and Moledo sandy beaches are only 25 minutes away. The stunning coastline north of Viana do Castelo offers plenty of opportunity for sunbathing, swimming and other water sports. Small towns like Ancora (30 minutes away) have a superb range of restaurants all selling local produce including fresh fish and shellfish landed at the harbour a few hundreds yards away.
1h15 minute drive (120 kms) from Porto International airport and 1 hour from Vigo airport -in Spain, the villa is in an absolutely central position in the unspoilt Minho region being only 7 kms away from Paredes de Coura town centre, yet surrounded by quiet and privacy!
Paredes de Coura centre: 7 kms; Ponte de Lima roman town for historic centre, golf, river sports (such as canoeing) and market: 20 kms; Caminha roman town and beaches: 25 kms; Corno do Bico Natural park (superb Natural Park for walking and nature lovers): 13 kms; Coura river: 200 metres (walking distance), Valenca and Spanish border: 25 kms; The charming riverside town of Vilanova de Cerveira for dinner in one of its typical restaurants is 18 kms away.
Minimarket and cafe: 300 metres; Restaurants: 1.2 kms and 1.6 kms; Public tennis court 1 km; Petrol station and village centre: 2.5 kms; Paredes de Coura centre: 7 kms; Chemist: 4 kms.
Activities possible in the surrounding area: Bicycle hire, horseback riding, canoeing, kayaking, rafting, 4X4 driving, fishing (200 metres), walking, golf, wine, olive oil and local gastronomy tasting at one of the various wine estates, cooking lessons, massage and beauty treatments at the villa, private chef to prepare your meals, Babysitter, etc. We will privide you with all the necessary information to take full advantage of the stunningly picturesque landscape that makes the Minho region one of Portugal’s best kept secrets.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
24 Sep 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
25% depost required on confirmation. 75% balance 8 weeks prior to arrival. Refundable breakage deposit of 450 Euros payable on arrival.
Changeover day is flexible. Normal arrival time is after 4 pm and departure is by 10 am. This can be negotiated provided the cleaning and maintenance of the property is guaranteed between bookings.
Notes on prices:
Swimming pool heating is extra: 200 Euros per week.
Air conditioning and WIRELESS internet is included in the weekly rental rate.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property was designed to suit families with small children or groups of adults. A few extras were added during the renovation works such as facilities for the disabled or elderly - the access from the car park to the ground floor of the villa is made through a gentle slope with and inclination of about 6%; the ensuite bathroom of the ground floor's bedroom is suitable for the disabled; the swimming pool has built in steps making it much easier than normal aluminium pool ladders. In addition, the swimming pool can be heated and has a cover which also works as children's protection. The cover can only be operated with a key which is given at the time of check in to the party leader. The turkish steam room is another feature. The villa is also fully air conditioned.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 4 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 5 - Shower Enclosure
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: UPPER FLOOR: Bedroom 1: twin bedroom with ensuite shower room; Bedroom 2 and 3: double bedrooms each with an ensuite shower room; Bedroom 4: twin bedroom with ensuite shower room. GROUND FLOOR: twin bedroom with ensuite bathroom suitable for the disabled.
- Golf ...
- Outside: The external sitting areas includes a large covered terrace with dinner table just outside the kitchen comfortably furnished with easy chairs, lanterns, etc..The well maintained garden, surrounding the house, also enables access to secluded relaxation areas (with dedicated sunchairs and hammocks). The upper level of the property features a large grass playground area with 2 football goals, beach volleyball field and badminton net. The gorgeous view is also appreciated from the lovely swimming pool with hand-crafted granite edges. The sun, as a matter of fact, embraces the whole house, which faces south and is in the sunshine all day long: from dawn to the lovely sunsets. Very comfortable loungers are scattered around the pool along with outside shower. The salt water private swimming pool is 10 X 4,5 metres and the depth is from 1 to 1.9 metres with built steps (disabled friendly). Utility Room: Washing machine, iron, ironing board. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels, bed linen and pool / beach towels are included. All linen is changed every 7 nights. House cleaning is also done at least every 7 nights. All linen is of Portuguese make and of high quality. Other: Turkish steam room for 2 people.