Apartment in Kalkan, Turkey - Ground Floor Enclosed Garden Apartment,50m², Sleeps 2/4,1 Bathroom & Lounge,2 Minutes Walk From Town
This is your dream of a small Mediterranean fishing village, probably the best kept secret in Europe. Kalkan is an enchanting harbour village on one of the most beautiful and unspoilt stretches of the Southern Turkish coast. Narrow, cobbled streets, bougainvillea-covered villas, roof terrace bars and harbour-side restaurants. Kalkan offers a pleasantly surprising mixture of local ethnicity and a relaxed sophistication. Away from the hustle and bustle, a place to relax and enjoy the good things in life. There is a stunning coastline against the backdrop of the Taurus mountains, and the must see ancient sites of Xanthos, Letoon, Pinara and Patara, are all no more than a day trip away. If you have never been to Kalkan and watched the sun go down on Kalkan bay then it’s a must! Quoted in the Travel pages of the Sunday Times as having one of the '10 Best Views in the World'. The Guardian likens the town to 'the Italian Riviera minus the poseurs.'
Top Traveller Review
A lovely apartment.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Review Submitted: July 16, 2011 Date of Stay: June 2011
This was my first trip to Turkey and I had a wonderful holiday. The apartment is very clean and well equiped for all your holiday needs. This is a very friendly village and the bars/restaurants reasonably priced with excellent food. Everything within walking distance. I'll definitely be booking again. Rating5 out of 5.
A LITTLE PARADISE
Review Submitted: July 25, 2011 Date of Stay: June 2011
We holidayed at Kalkan in June of this year and found it amazing.
All details supplied, i.e., location, layout and facilities were exactly to specification if not even better.The property was immaculate and maintenance thoughout our two weeks was second to none. A warm welcome made us feel comfortable and from the outset and we were given details of cafes and restaurants, attractions which made our holiday one of the best we have ever had. We have holidayed in South Africa, Cyprus and Majorca and can say this resort
2 holidaymaker reviews
A lovely apartment.
We stayed at this lovely apartment for a week in June. It is a very comfortable, well equipped apartment in a courtyard setting on a very friendly, good looking complex. The apartment is close to town which you can access through the school yard thus avoiding the usual hills into town. Hopefully we will return next year.
The property was as it said an the tin first class well maintained excellent facilities and only a short work into town.
The service offered by the owner was first class a small provision to get you started and the bed made up with towels was nice.
The restaurants in Kalkan are first class good service excellent food
with a wide selection of dishes.
if you want a relaxing holiday this is the place to be
Activity and Interests
Kalkan's town beach is 10 min walk. There are also many local beach clubs which offer great swimming, sun loungers (small charge) restaurant etc. Indigo – 5 min walk at harbour. Kalamar – walk in 20 mins or taxi. Caretta Caretta Pension and Yali Pension – both 10 min walk along coast road past Lycian Residence Hotel or taxi. Palm Beach - free boat from harbour. Kapatus – lovely beach about 5 minutes drive from Kalkan. Few amenities/shelter so very hot in summer. Patara Beach - 20 min domus.
Tourists attractions near Kalkan. Patara ruins and the recognized World Heritage Site Pamukkale. Pamukkale has 17 hot water springs. Day trips are offered to these site or car hire is available in Kalkan village. Gulet trips are available from the harbour.
Kalkan village centre, harbour, shops, banks and restaurants are just a 5 minute walk away. You have other super beaches a short trip away, Kalkan's town beach is a 5 min walk. There are also many beach clubs which offer great swimming, sun loungers (small charge) restaurant, etc..
Indigo – 5 min walk at harbour,
Kalamar – walk in 20 mins or taxi,
Caretta, Caretta and Yali – both 10 min walk along coast road past Lycian Residence Hotel or taxi.
Palm Beach - free boat from harbour.
Car hire is not essential around Kalkan itself due to the close proximity of the property to the village centre, harbour and all local amenities, banks, shops, internet cafe, bars and restaurants. Kalkan market is held every Thursday and is a 5 minute walk along the main road
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Nov 2016 - 31 Mar 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Apr 2017 - 31 Oct 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A £100 (per week booked) non refundable deposit is required to secure a booking. The balance is due 8 weeks before arrival. Payment can be made by bank transfer or cheque. A £150 security deposit is also required in lieu of damage or breakages. This will be returned within two weeks of departure. Maximum 4 people. Suitable for children.
Changeover days you will have to depart at 11.30am. However we will be as flexible as possible, If there is no one else coming into apartment.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom with bath/shower, WC and wash hand basin. Shaving point and light above mirror. Small window. Bathroom towels provided. Please bring your own beach towels.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with comfortable double bed, large wardrobe, bedside drawers and lamps. Hair dryer provided. Door from the bedroom leads onto the garden. Mosquito screens on door and windows. Air-conditioned. A large sofa bed is in the lounge area sleeps 2 .
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: This superb 1 bedroom apartment is fully air conditioned including the lounge area. With LCD T.V with built in DVD and iPod docking station and speakers. Outside: The apartment is set in the beautifully landscaped Mediterranean Apartment complex and offers a choice of 5 pools, the largest of which is to the left of the apartment, all the pools have views across the bay. There is ample garden space and also terracing around the pool for sunbathing. Four sun loungers with cushions are provided. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bedlinen and bathroom towels provided. Please bring your own beach towels. The property will be cleaned on departure. Prearranged Midweek/Weekly cleans can be arranged, if required a service charge will apply. Other: Large gated & secure garden area with dining furniture and modern rattan garden furniture .