Barn in Llansantffraid, Nr. Welshpool and Oswestry, Powys, Wales - 7 Acres, Own Lake & River Fishing Rights, Set In Picturesque Valley. Lovely High Spec Quality finish
The Barn has traditional welsh stone walls with open beams, the oak furniture gives the accommodation a lovely cottage feel. Parts of the property date back to the late 1700’s. Outside in the courtyard you have a barbecue area or you can relax and enjoy the lakeside setting on the seated area and pergola on the small island. Please contact us to discuss your holiday needs, we will be as flexible as we can in order make your holiday tailor-made just for you. If you require a welcome pack or your kitchen stocked for your first evening meal and morning breakfast, we can arrange this. We like to promote our wonderful Welsh produce and will source local eggs and meat for you to enjoy.
Anglers have exclusive use of our lake and 400 yards of the River Vyrnwy.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About jayne smith
Paul & Jayne moved to the area in 2011 and fell in love with the beautiful rural setting. We always had plans to adapt the barn into a purpose built self contained cottage and we are looking forward to welcoming our first guests in 2012.
(5 traveller reviews)
Yet another holiday at this great barn great welcome and wonderful setting good entertainment from Archie see you next year cant wait
I was very impressed with this property. Jayne and Paul are the most congenial and likeable hosts I have ever met, always willing to go that little bit more too make the stay memorable. The converted barn is beautiful and very very well stocked. My husband loved the opportunity to fish everyday and I managed to completely relax. The views are breathtaking and local sites including lake vyrnwy are magical. I throughly enjoyed our week there and know it will only get better. We loved it so much I want to move there!
great cottage very comfy very well equipped every thing you require great owners very welcoming great situation good fishing on lake and river and not forgetting Archie the great dog. anybody needing a relaxing break this is the one. Stu/Eileen
Beautiful property in a fabulous setting
Had a wonderful break in a lovely property. The conversion is to a very high standard, fully and thoughtfully equipped with everything needed for a self catering break. The owners Jayne and Paul were very warm and welcoming and enhanced our holiday experience. My husband loved the fishing from the well stocked lake and we visited some lovely places close by. I would highly recommend a stay.
From the initial booking contact to when we left it was like we were dealing with a good friend. We were made to feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble.
Jayne and Paul are lovely people and The Barn is like a home from home with a fully equipped kitchen, comfortable lounge, large bathroom and 2 bedrooms.
There is a lovely lake for the ducks and geese and some chickens wandering around not to mention the gorgeous and mischievous Archie dog.
A central location for site seeing with Lake Vynnwy just a short drive away and many walks and day trips available.
We highly recommend a stay at The Barn
Activity and Interests
The local pub is less than a mile away and more pubs and takeaways are a further mile in Llansantffraid.
The local area is perfectly geared up for tourism offering plenty of activities in the surrounding area for you to enjoy including walking, pony trekking, fishing, shooting, narrow gauge railway, canal walking, canoeing, sailing, mountain biking and much more.
Additional pricing information
The Barn is normally available from 2 pm Saturday departing by 10 am. A deposit of £50.00 secures a booking and full payment is required 4 weeks prior to your holiday.
No booking fees apply.
Notes on prices:
Daily accommodation prices from £45, please contact to discuss.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- suitable for elderly or infirm
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- The shower room has a double shower and heated chrome towel rail in contemporary black and white colour scheme.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) plus baby, travel cot available Notes on bedrooms: 2 bedrooms, both tastefully furnished to complement the open welsh slate walls, double bedroom fitted with Laura Ashley furniture. The twin room has a window seat offering beautiful views across the valley.
- Max. occupancy: 5
- pets considered
- children welcome
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The Barn is non-smoking. Outside: Dogs – one well behaved dog (we may have lambs in the field) by prior arrangement (£10 extra). Horses – approx 1 acre available for grazing and storage of horse box but no stabling available. Suitability to be assessed beforehand. The river has full access to fish from or to launch a canoe. Otters, Mink and Badgers have left us clues they are active near the banks. Children to be supervised at all times as the lake and river are up to 2 metres deep in parts. Birdwatchers will enjoy the birds of prey regularly seen above the lake Mountain Bike available if required Fishing equipment available if required Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Hypo-allergenic pillows and duvets, bed linen and towels are provided. Other: DVD, games and books supplied as well as information on local sights.