Attractive villa, Secluded Garden, nesting on a hillside close to Pissouri Bay near Paphos
Ampelohori village is the perfect location to relax and unwind.
This delightful family-owned, two bedroom villa (single storey) with secluded floodlit rear garden occupies a well-appointed position with a southerly aspect towards picturesque Pissouri Bay.
This quality property has become the ideal choice for holiday makers for over 28 years with many repeat bookings.
The spacious villa consist of an open plan dining and lounge area with traditional Cypriot style furniture and fittings. Facilities include large shared swimming pool and separate children’s pool in landscaped gardens.
The Ampeli restaurant with its beautiful surroundings serves traditional Cypriot cuisine. A key feature is its spacious veranda offering “al fresco” dining with panoramic views. The topography features rugged cliffs and mountain landscapes.
Five minutes’ drive (15 minutes’ walk) to the accredited EU blue flag beach Pissouri Bay ideal for various water sports. 10 minutes to the quaint historic Pissouri Village. Paphos airport 30 minutes’ drive. Larnaca airport 75 minutes's drive.
The location will appeal to those seeking a quiet vacation away from crowded tourists’ resorts. Definitely no “clubbing or disco’s”!
A car is essential to explore the historic Roman and Byzantine heritage sites.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
The owner lives close to the city of London. Occupation: Consultant in Health Care Provision (Retired). Worked in the National Health Service for 35 years. Traveled extensively advising overseas Health Authorities.
Guestbook comments from the manager
We had a wonderful time. The villa has excellent facilities and the people all extremely helpful and friendly.
We will be definitely back next year.
1 holidaymaker review
Great villa, lovely peaceful location near to local beach and some lovely restaurants in the bay area and up in the village. Really relaxing family holiday, will definetly be returning next year.
From the Owner
“The villa was purchased in 1988. The property has been marketed for over 28 years in the holiday rental sector. Many satisfied customers and repeat bookings. Our aim is to achieve only the best for your holiday experience at Ampelohori. Health and Safety: The property is fitted with a fire alarm and carbon monoxide detector. Highly commended.”
Activity and Interests
Picturesque Pissouri Bay with shingle and sand beach (1 km, 5 mins’ drive, 20 mins’ walk) is a relatively unspoilt location. Perfect for a relaxing break in idyllic surroundings. The beach with “blue flag” accreditation offers a variety of leisure activities/water sports. Second beach at Avdimou Bay is well worth a visit. It is a protected conservation area (no development) with only two tavernas: Melanda and Kyrenia. (15 mins drive) Safe bathing for children.
Nearest airport: Paphos (Pafos) International – 30 minutes’ drive.
Larnaca (Larnaka) – 90 minutes’ drive.
A village taxi with local knowledge of Pissouri may be hired. Car hire recommended as bus services are minimal. Driving on the left, same as UK. Beware, accepting a free private car as part of the rental can be a risky business.
Pissouri village lies midway between Limassol (Lemosos) and Paphos (Pafos) approx 34 km. Pissouri village square is 4 km from Pissouri Bay. The Fasouri Watermania and Aphrodite water centre are great for family fun days out – within 30 mins’ drive. Also Paphos Zoo is well worth a visit.
Pissouri is a quaint Cypriot hillside village with tavernas and bars which still manages to retain a lot of its Cypriot character. The magnificent white cliffs rising 275 metres above sea level have breathtaking views of the coastline. The natural protection of the cliffs and the sheer size of Pissouri beach make it ideal for water sports such as windsurfing and kiteboarding, which are available throughout the summer season.The village is acknowledged as one of the most attractive and charismatic in Cyprus. A focal point is the pedestrianised square with tavernas offering local dishes ranging from good cuisine to simple fare. The warm hospitality makes you feel welcome
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Sep 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Minimum let: one week. 25% deposit (non-refundable) payable with reservation. Balance due 6 weeks prior to arrival.
Travel and health insurance cover is strongly recommended.
Changeover days are flexible. Access to the property is from 15.00 hours on day of arrival to 10.00 hours on day of departure. However, if bookings allow we will try to accommodate your flight schedules.
Notes on prices:
Prices quoted allow for 4 persons to occupy the villa. Charges are fully inclusive – no extras. Minimum booking period of 7 nights. All prices in pound sterling. Payment is also accepted in euros. Prices may be subject to exchange rate variation and price update.
25% non-refundable deposit is required to secure booking. Settlement of balance 6 weeks prior to arrival.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“While tourism usually focuses on popular large resorts, Pissouri Bay offers a tranquility of its own. The location of the villa (Ampelohori) has a welcoming atmosphere and is acknowledged as prime location for your own private retreat. The citrus-tree lined avenue leads to the villa which is situated in a small Cul De Sac.(No trough traffic)”
- Air Conditioning
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Shower room 1 - Outdoor Shower
- Family bathroom with full suite. Separate vanity unit equipped with hand basin etc in hall way. External enclosed shower unit, solar heated (popular with guests in a hot climate).
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4/5 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Air Conditioned Other facilities: Zbed for 5th person, cot, high chair, linen.
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Notes on accommodation: Villa is strictly a non-smoking zone. The villa offers a good location for those who seek comfort and privacy. Take pleasure in the solitude far from the bustling world of packaged mass tourism. Ampeli restaurant is 50 metres distance with Cypriot décor. It is the perfect ambience to enjoy local food and wine. Ampelohori has a shared swimming pool and children’s pool set in beautiful landscaped gardens. Ideal spot for families who wish to spend time at the nearby sandy/pebble beach. Outside: Double glass patio doors lead to veranda. A garden is one of the delights that people enjoy about a villa holiday. Provides a secure place for children as against high rise apartments. Furniture includes 4 sun loungers and umbrella, 2 dining tables with 8 chairs. 6 side tables (low level) Purpose built BBQ. Enclosed fully tiled shower cubicle, solar heated. Shared swimming pool and children's pool set in beautiful landscaped gardens. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and bath towels provided for 4/5 guests except beach towels. Second linen set for a 2-week stay. Complimentary Grocery pack to the value of £10 sterling included in rental. Other: Zbed provided for 5th person. Children most welcome. Facilities for babies include cot, bedding and linen and highchair. Health and safety. Fire alarm & carbon monoxide detectors fitted.