House in Skibbereen, County Cork, Ireland - Peaceful Country Location, Close To Seaside And Skibbereen Town
Comfortable, well-equipped holiday bungalow, located in beautiful Irish countryside. The property has full central heating, supported by a real open fire for cosy evenings in. Everything is supplied to make your stay as comfortable as possible, including garden furniture and BBQ.
About the Owner
Kathy Brown was born in Skibbereen and with her husband Chris, has a wealth of local experience and knowledge extending over 40 years.
They are always delighted to share tips and suggestions to enable to visitors to get the most out of their holidays in West Cork.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Edens Edge Skibbereen – The bungalow was everything we could have wished for and ideal for seeing the South West. We will certainly recommend it to our friends. Mahons, Southampton UK June 2011
Edens Edge was excellent and very comfortable,with all the equipment & fittings needed. I will highly recommend it to anyone wishing to spend a holiday in Ireland. Millerships Devon UK. July 2011.
From the Owner
“Chris and Kathy built this property and have regularly updated both the interior and exterior. They chose this location because of the beautiful scenery and close proximity to many attractions.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Sea fishing, both shore and boat, wild brown trout fishing (contact us for more details). Whale and dolphin watching. Dive centre and sail centre approximately nine miles away. Horse-riding locally available.
There are two beaches two and a half miles from the property; Tragumna (with blue-flag status) and Tralispeen. There are many more beaches and coves to be explored all around this area.
Cork is the closest airport, and car hire is available from arrivals lounge. Driving distance from Cork to Skibbereen is 52 miles.
Ferries are available from Fishguard, Pembroke dock and Holyhead. Drive-time from arrival in Ireland 4.5 hours. Ferry discounts available, please contact us for more information.
Skibbereen town (shops, restaurants, trad music venues, Heritage Centre, Leisure Centre, Galleries and children's park): 1.5 miles
Lough Ine Marine Nature Reserve: 3 miles
Baltimore Waterfront (access to local islands, dive centre, sailing centre, whale-watching, deep-sea fishing, pubs and restaurants): 9 miles
Skibbereen Golf Course: 1 mile
Lobo's Horse Riding: 5 miles
Many sight-seeing delights around five drowned peninsulas, from the Mizen Head to the Ring of Kerry.
Skibberreen has everything that you will need: supermarkets, petrol, banks and Doctor's Surgery.
- Booking Notes:
Deposit is 25% of accommodation cost with balance payable eight weeks prior to departure. Stamped-addressed envelopes and postage provided for your convenience. Payment by cheque or postal order.
We prefer to book Sat-Sat, but can accommodate guest perferences.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Apart from spending time with family, Chris and Kathy enjoy long walks along the coastline. They are also fans of the local lively nightlife - they love traditional Irish music and can often be seeing dancing well in to the early hours! Chris spends many a day on his little fishing boat, pulling up lines of mackerel, a pollock or two, or a nice flattie for supper.”
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Video Library
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- One modern family bathroom equipped with walk-in power shower, toilet and sink.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (3/4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, bedroom 2 with double bed, bedroom three with double bed, bedroom 4 with single bed. A cot is also available.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: This property has a real country cottage feel with ledge and brace pine doors with suffolk thumb-latches, wooden flooring throughout hall and bedroom areas, tiled bathroom and kitchen floors. Ideally located for beaches, shops, sight-seeing, and ferry access to some of the Carbery 100 Isles. Outside: This property is set in half an acre of garden, containing many trees and shrubs. It is visted by a large number of wild birds, and bird feeders are provided for visitor's enjoyment. There is a good selction of garden furniture and a BBQ. Utility Room: Washer/dryer, sink and ironing facilities. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: There is a full linen cupboard with towels and bedding at small additional cost. All beds are made up prior to arrival unless otherwise requested. Houses are cleaned prior to each guest visit. Other: Dining room with table and chairs.