Cottage in Padstow, Cornwall, England - In The Heart Of The Old Town At Padstow, A Stones Throw From The Harbour
The cottage was built in the mid 1800s and has recently been renovated and refurbished to a very high standard.It has three floors, the top floor with a vaulted ceiling being the largest bedroom, a light and airy room with wooden floors and a balcony overlooking the harbour. On the first floor are the other two bedrooms and the family bathroom is on this floor with and a separate shower as well as a bath. The ground floor has a lounge with a wood burning stove and a television and dvd player.The kitchen has cornish slate flooring and is fully fitted with a neff oven and induction hob, a fridge freezer and a dishwasher.There is also a wine cooler and a table for six to sit at. At the rear of the house is a separate utility room with a butlers sink and washer and dryer. There is a garden at the rear accessed by steep steps with a shared lawn and private patio with wonderful views across the harbour. The cottage has the benefit of a reserved parking space in the nearby harbour car park.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Mr and Mrs R-" What a lovely home you have....we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and were very comfortable. The beds were among the best beds we have ever had!"
Miss R-"We had such a wonderful time in Kirrin Cottage. It is truly a delightful house. Everything we wished for was provided for and was of great quality"
Mr and Mrs S "We had a great time in Padstow and Kirrin Cottage is truly wonderful. We would love to come back next year"
Activity and Interests
The local town beach can be accessed by a 10 minute walk from the house. A ferry crosses the harbour to Rock and the beaches at Rock and Daymer Bay are accessible again on foot. There are 7 further bays within a 10-20 minute drive from the house including Watergate Bay where Jamie Olivers 15 restaurant is situated. The beach at Constantine Bay is popular with surfers and Harlyn Bay has a long sweep of flat sand. Most have carparks and toilets
Padstow is in North Cornwall and is accessed from the A 30. The nearest airport is Newquay. Use of a car is recommended.
The cottage itself is in the middle of Padstow, famous for its harbour and Rick Steins restaurant. A popular attraction is the Eden Project( about 18 miles),The Lost Gardens of Heligan ( about 20 miles), and gardens hosted by the National Trust such as Lanhydrock( about 12miles).Newquay is about 18 miles away and there you can find the Blue Reef Aquarium and Newquay Zoo.
Padstow is well served with shops such as the Post Office, Barclays Bank) and a bakery together with more unusual shops such as one selling christmas decorations. There is a local Cof E Church and a Catholic Church within walking distance of the cottage. There is also a doctors surgery. Tesco have a supermarket on the outskirts of the town and nearby Wadebridge( 8 miles) has a more extensive array of banks supermarkets etc together with a cinema. Newquay offers a leisure swimming pool and a further cinema. Bodmin is about 12 miles from Padstow and this is the nearest mainline railway station.
- Booking Notes:
Booking is by completing a booking form which has all the terms and conditions together and sending this together with either the deposit or full payment to the owner.
Changeover day is Saturday. The property is available from 4pm on the date of arrival and must be vacated by 10am on the date of departure
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 with shower, basin and wc. Heated towel rail and sensor mirror over basin.Family bathroom on first floor with bath, separate Mira shower, basin, wc and underfloor heating. Wc in utility room
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 comprising all of the top floor of the house with King sized bed, en suite shower and access to the balcony with views over the harbour. Bedroom 2 with king sized bed, Bedroom 3 with twin beds
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: There is a strict no smoking policy at the cottage. We regret that we cannot take pets. Outside: There is a long back garden which is sloping and lawned. This is shared with the next door neighbours. There is a patio for the sole use of the cottage with a table, chairs and a parasol. There is also a rotary washing line. Utility Room: The utility room has a washing machine and a tumble dryer together with a butlers sink and a rail for hanging wet suits. There is an ironing board and iron for use by guests Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All inen is included and towels are provided with the exception of beach towels. The property is cleaned before arrival. For stays of two weeks or more linen will be provided at the end of each week.