Holiday Cottage in Poullignac, Charente, France - Peaceful Location, Great For Walking, Cycling, Running Or Just Relaxing
'La Petite Maison' is a charming well appointed holiday cottage and is situated in the heart of the South Charente region in a historic village called Poullignac. It is only 70kms north of Bordeaux and Royan, which is by the Atlantic Coast and it will take just 1hr30 minutes to get there.We tried to retain its original feel with a huge fireplace in the kitchen/diner and with beamed ceilings throughout it exudes charm and atmosphere.The cottage has 1 bedroom with en-suite shower. From the bedroom you can walk on to your own private patio with garden furniture, sun umbrella and your own B-B-Q. There is a Sitting room with a comfy sofa and TV/DVD player. Kitchen is well equipped with crockery and stove, but no oven. You will just find a Microwave. A Washing machine and Fridge is also available.
The Bedroom has a double bed surrounded with a mosquito net, which is for decoration only as we don't have a problem with insects.
From the bedroom a door leads in to the shower room where you will find a shower, toilet and basin.
Outside is the pool which measures 5x10m and is shared with the owners. Sun lounges are available and towels are provided.
You can also walk around in the 2.5 acres of garden where you find fruit trees and where our chickens are.
You can make your holiday as relaxing as you like by staying at 'La Petite Maison' and catching some rays by the pool or you can go out and explore the local markets, restaurants or the countryside.
About the Owner
I have been living in this lovely part of France for nearly 11 years. I was born and raised in Germany but lived for a long time in London where I met my husband. We have 2 lovely children, both born here and they enjoy the french lifestyle. I have been running our Gite for a few years as I love meeting new people and hearing their stories. When guests leave it always feels like we have gained new friends.
From the Owner
“When we decided to buy a house in France we did not really know which area. In fact we started looking around Lyon and travelled across France until we ended up here in the lovely Charente. We arrived here and just fell in love with the area as the people were so nice and helpful. Everything just looked great. At the time I needed to travel to Paris once a week and it was so easy to get to Angouleme and from there take the TGV up to the Airport in Paris. Plus getting to the UK was no problem either, as Bordeaux airport is only an hour away with British Airways flights to Gatwick. Very convenient. So, with all this easy access to the hustle and bustle to the cities we still find our village nice and remote enough to really relax.”
Activity and Interests
Royan by car about 1h30min
Nearest Airport would be Bordeaux - approx. 1h10min
Use of car is recommended
Nearest Village for bread about 3.5kms
Nearest town for supermarket about 14kms
Places of interest between 14kms and 38kms
Town for shopping about 35kms
Supermarkets are about 14 kms away. You will find Banks, Doctors, Pharmacies at these places as well.
Local Markets are about the same distances.
About 10kms away you will find a Spa with indoor pool and massage.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
After a booking has been accepted we request a deposit of 50% by either cheque or bank transfer. Once that has been received we will send a confirmation email and our general conditions.
6 weeks before the booked holiday we request the outstanding balance.
Cancellation charges are as follows: 6 week payment deadline, only the deposit will be forfeit.
50% will be forfeit up until 7 days prior to the holiday.
Any less - no refund
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Our property is convenient located to enjoy tranquility, peacefulness and on the other hand it's not too far to enjoy some 'life'. So, if you decide to come and visit you can have it both ways. Relax by the pool and read a book - forget about everything. Or get in the car and drive for half an hour to look at some attractions or to enter a bigger city to get shops, lots of restaurants and nightlife.”
- not suitable for children
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-Suite Shower Room with W.C. and hand Basin
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom with double bed and Mosquito net, Chest of draws, Doors to Shower room, Sitting room and Private Patio
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: You have your own private access to the pool. The owners house is opposite the cottage. For an extra charge it is possible to request a meal prepared and cooked by the owner. Parking is very easy and safe. Should you require anything else I invite you to ask me. Outside: 3 acres of garden for you to roam. Fruit trees and vegetable garden. 4 Chickens for some lovely fresh eggs. Outdoor furniture is a table with 4 chairs and sun umbrella on your private patio. By the pool you will find more furniture. Sun loungers and a little marquee with a couple of sofas and chairs to relax. The pool is not heated and is 5mx10m. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and Linen are included, plus Pool Towels which changed once a week The cottage can be cleaned once a week for an extra small charge