Cottage in Gunnerside, Swaledale, Yorkshire Dales, England - Peaceful Location With Stunning Views. Great For Walking, Relaxing Or To Explore The Dales From
Luxury cottage facing south across the Dale with superb views from all bedrooms and living rooms with a large terrace. Beautifully furnished and tastefully decorated. It has 3 en-suite bedrooms, and it is idealfor 3 couples to relax, explore Swaledale and is an ideal 'walking lodge'. 2 living rooms and a kitchen dining room mean no one is cramped. Pale furnishing and works by local artists mean the house is not suitable for smokers, pets or children under 8. Located half a mile from Gunnerside with its pub and tea roos on a minor road.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We have let Appletons for 8 years now. We have never had anything but rave reviews. Someone did once complain that we did not have a 'pizza wheel'!
We have many repeat bookings.
Activity and Interests
From the A1 Catterick Junction 30-40 mins drive.
1 km above the village of Gunnerside, Swaledale.
Muker 3 kms, Reeth 11 kms, Richmond 25 kms.
Hawes, a pretty market town in Wensledale 16 kms.
Upper Swaledale is the most northerly dale of the Dales National Parks and a real gem. Some have said it is the most beautiful valley in England. It is renowned for the field barns and hay meadows, for splendid views and great walks. The meadows flower in June, the heather in August and the ground nesting birds abound onthe high pastures in late spring. It is a wonderful place to relax and/ or take exercise. Small stone villages harbour pubs and tea rooms. Nearby Muker has a craft shop and art gallery too. The market towns of Richmond, Leyburn, Barnard castle, Hawes and Kirkby Stephen are all within about 15 miles.
The Coast to Coast footpath and the Pennine way cross each other just 1 mile from the cottage.
- Booking Notes:
Please call or Email to make a booking. Half the amount is paid up front to confirm the booking and as a non refundable deposit. The balance is due a minimum of 6 weeks before your stay.
Change over is usually on a Friday. Arrival generally after 2.00pm. Departure is generally by 10.00am.
Other changeover days are possible by arrangements.
Long weekend are possible too subject to availability.
Notes on prices:
Long weekends are available and prices on application.
No lettings available over Christmas and the New Year holidays.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bedroom 1 has ensuite bath room with separate shower, bath and wc and 2 basins. Bedrooms 2 and 3, ensuite bathrooms with bath with hand shower, basin and wc.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6/8 (3 Bedrooms and double sofa bed) Notes on bedrooms: 2 Bedrooms with double or twin beds and 1 bedroom with a queen sized bed. 1 double sofa bed in one of the downstairs living rooms. All bedrooms have their own TV.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Change over Friday to Friday but flexibility possible for other days and for long weekend (Prices on application). Free wi fi, telephone (up to a maximum of £10 per stay). Built in wardrobes and full length mirrors and TVs in all bedrooms. Fully equiped kitchen. Large picnic style table with benches on terrace and additional terrace furniture provided. Coal for open fire provided. Outside: Large south facing terrace with garden furniture. Dramatic views in both direction of Swaledale. Parking for several cars close to the front door but not obscuring the views from the windows or the terrace. Small lawn surrounded by traditional dry stone walls. Utility Room: Utility Room with sink, washing machine, freezer, micro wave and cupboards. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Quality bed linen and towels included. Cleaning at the end of stay. Other: Downstairs wc. Boot lobby with benches and pegs. Inner hall with store of maps to borrow.