Apartment in Cala D'Or, Mallorca - Peaceful Location A Few Minutes Walk To Two Lovely Beaches.
The apartment is in a lovely complex in a quiet area only minutes walk from two beaches, shops, bars restaurants and supermarkets. Perfect for families as well as couples. The minature train stop is only 100 metres away giving you access to many other places of interest in the area. When not swimming or sun bathing on the lovely beaches, you can visit the Cala D'Or Marina just 20 minutes walk or 5 minute miniture train ride away. There you can relax at a waterside café. Then enjoy a leisurely lunch or chilled cocktail as you watch the world go by. When you’re not pottering and people-watching, cherry-pick from the resort’s popular beaches. The town with its many restaurants and bars is five minutes from the apartment. With its stylish, small-town feel, it’s a lovely place to lose a few hours browsing for souvenirs at the galleries and boutiques before a coffee or drink in one of the many bars or restaurants. The town offers a choice of holiday shops and designer shops.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About Margaret Shaw
The apartment is our own family holiday place and we use it at various times during the year but rent it out for most of the summer months. We have had the apartment since 2009 and let it from 2012 for the first time. Stephen owns the apartment and Margaret his mother runs the rental. As our own family apartment it is homely and welcoming and has all the facilities you will need for your holiday. In addition we have a management team who look after our guests during the summer. They meet you at the apartment with the keys, show you round and show you how to use all the various electrics and air con etc. They will also be available to help you during your stay should you need anything. They do a change over mid-stay for visits of 14 days or more.
Margaret Shaw purchased this apartment in 2009
Why Margaret Shaw chose Santanyi
Stephen purchased the property in 2009 in order to have somewhere safe and secure to take his family, they have twin boys and the rest of the family also use the apartment for their holidays. Cala D'Or is a beautiful spot to bring your family, lovely little beach coves and plenty to do during the day, with lovely places to eat in the evening. the apartment is very close to all the amenities and the 'little train' which is the local transport, stops just down the road and will take you all over the town and down to the Marina. The beaches are a 2 minute and five minute stroll from the apartment and of course there is a lovely communal pool at the apartment also. There is secure parking and a lovely terrace for al fresco dining.
What makes this apartment unique
For us as a family the central location, convenience of both the pool and the close proximity of the beaches, cafes and shops are the main benefits of staying in the apartment.
(5 traveller reviews)
Spent 5 nights at apartment very well equipped had everything you needed even a tumble drier which was handy on our last day to dry off all our swimming items. Lovely setting and great pool a few feet away from our terrace which was quite private with nice comfy furniture. Couple of minutes from cala gran beach and 20 min walk up to marina which is great. Cala dor 10 min walk to bars and restaurants. Thanks to Kevin for his help and information.
Lovely Appartment in lovely setting
Apartment was lovely and beautifully presented and clean. Met by Kevin with keys.
The location of the apartment is perfect for Cala D'or centre, beaches and the pool just 10 steps away from the patio.
Easy booking and all info provided was accurate.
Lovely holiday by all my family
Lovely apartment in a fab location, just a short walk from beaches and restaurants but quiet and peaceful. We were met by Kev and shown around even though we arrived at 1.30!
The apartment was really clean and very well equiped with a lovely terrace, great for an early evening drink. We would happily recommend it
Very nice air conditioned condominium, beautiful sandy beaches five minutes walking distance. Also the town Cala Dor all restaurants and market very near. Great location.
This property was exactly as advertised, central for everything, lots of good restaurants, beaches and shops all within walking distance. Property very clean and well equipped and set in immaculate grounds. Felt very safe at all times. Staff who met us was extremely helpful and knowledgeable. Would not hesitate to recommend this property to family and friends.
From the Owner
“Stephen purchased the property in 2009 in order to have somewhere safe and secure to take his family, they have twin boys and the rest of the family also use the apartment for their holidays. Cala D'Or is a beautiful spot to bring your family, lovely little beach coves and plenty to do during the day, with lovely places to eat in the evening. the apartment is very close to all the amenities and the 'little train' which is the local transport, stops just down the road and will take you all over the town and down to the Marina. The beaches are a 2 minute and five minute stroll from the apartment and of course there is a lovely communal pool at the apartment also. There is secure parking and a lovely terrace for al fresco dining.”
Activity and Interests
The apartment is situated within two minutes walking distance of one beach cove (Cala Gran) and five minutes from another (Cala Esmeralda) (see photographs). There are numerous other coves and beaches in Cala D'Or all of which are accessible by the little train transport or within walking distance of the apartment.
Palma airport is approximately 50 minutes away by car, there is a shuttle from Plama airport to Cala D'Or or guests can be met at the airport on request for additional charge. Most well known hire car firms have offices in Palma airport. Guests who hire a car will be given directions and will be met at the apartment by the meet and greet team. you can also get a taxi from the airport who will meet you transfer you to the apartment and pick you up on departure day for the airport.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 30 Apr 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
1 May 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Once you have contacted the owner you will need to reserve your dates with a 25% deposit the balance to be paid within 28 days of your arrival date. A security deposit of £100 is required and will be refunded 7 days after your departure (subject to no damage being reported by the cleaning company). The security deposit should be paid with your final payment
The change over day is flexible but Saturday to Saturday is preferred. Guests can enter the property after 2pm and must vacate the property by 10am on the day of departure.
Notes on prices:
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
From the Owner
“For us as a family the central location, convenience of both the pool and the close proximity of the beaches, cafes and shops are the main benefits of staying in the apartment.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Television ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- near the sea
- 60 m²
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- There is a shower room upstairs with shower, toilet, bidet, washbasin. The washing machine and tumble dryer are also located in the shower room.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) sofa bed in lounge Notes on bedrooms: There are two bedrooms, one double and one twin. both have air conditioning. There is a sofa bed in the lounge area that sleeps 2.
- Golf ...
- Max. occupancy: 6
- smoking allowed ...
- pets not allowed
- children welcome
- Notes on accommodation: The accommodation in the apartment is well designed with living room, dining area, and WC/Cloakroom to the ground floor. Upstairs has two spacious bedrooms (one double and one twin) with a shower room with utility space containing washing machine and tumble dryer for use by guests. The living room has large leather sofa bed and chair coffee table and sideboard with TV for DVDs. The dining area has a dining table which will seat 6. The patio has two seater sofa and two chairs + large coffee table, access to garden and pool area. There are also patio sun beds available for use by guests. Outside: The patio area is spacious with two seater wicker sofa and two chairs suite, the patio gives access to the spacious gardens and large shared swimming pool. The area is cared for by permanent daily gardener and pool maintenance. Utility Room: No separte utility room, but the ironing board, iron, gas cyliners etc., some toys and swimming aids are housed in a cupboard next to the dining area. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels are included (beach towels are not included and guests are recommended to bring these with them). The apartment has linen + towels changed at weekends for fortnightly guests. Other: There is a ground floor WC/cloakroom.