Stunning Villa in English Harbour, Galleon Beach, Antigua, Caribbean - Peaceful Location, near Beach within snall, exclusive development
This lovely villa is set in 2/3rds of an acre with beautiful mature gardens, 25 years in the making, with palm trees, bougainvillea and flowering borders with an open plan layout with the living room, kitchen, and study at the front of the house looking out to fabulous sea views. The French doors from the living area lead out onto the balcony and on to the gardens, sunbathing terraces and private pool with its whirlpool spa. Perfect to relax in after a splendid lunch at one of the numerous restaurants offering international cuisine just minutes away or a family cook-in at the villa, which has all the amenities you would expect from a modern kitchen.
For the more adventurous, there are unlimited water sports and access to the Galleon Beach development’s own private beach and tennis courts, just a few hundred yards away. We are able to arrange day or night dives with PADI-qualified divers and boat trips on English Haven’s own boat, English Lady, by arrangement with the Captain. If fishing is your dream, then line fishing is possible from the jetties and for big game fishers, this can be from trawling with the English Lady, again, by arrangement.
Apart from the numerous activities for you to try there are some terrific, world class spectator events to see. These include the Antigua Classic Yacht race where English Harbour is the starting point for this race and The Antigua Race Week which is the third largest yacht race in the world and attracts the best ocean going yachts in existence. This is closely followed by the Test Match for all cricket fans and Antigua is synonymous with first class cricket and has produced many world-class cricketers including Sir Viv Richardson, Sir Curtly Ambrose and Sir Richie Richardson. So much to do and see you'll need to book for a month!
As part of our guest services we offer a complimentary collection from and to the airport with Oliver, our General Manager. If you would like to hire a car, we can arrange local car hire for you via Oliver who will take you straight from the airport to the Police station to obtain your required Antiguan driving licence and to collect your car. It couldn’t be more simple! On your arrival at the villa, our housekeeper of 25 years, Olivia, will happily show you around and help you to settle in.
If you would prefer not to drive we can arrange for Oliver to act as your chauffeur during your stay and will readily advise and drive you on tours of the island. For this service you would pay local rates independent of your villa rental costs.
About the Owner
What makes this villa unique
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The crystal clear waters around Antigua are renowned for their diving and a number of local companies offer trips and PADI certification courses.
In April Antigua becomes home to several sailing events: 19 - 22nd April Classic Yachts Race, The Caribbean’s most prestigious regatta, the third largest sailing event in the world passes English Harbour and is visible from the balcony of the house; The Boat Race 27 April - 2nd May.
Whether you come for the sailing, the carnival, the reggae, the cricket, to play tennis, the restaurants, the diving, the bars, the climate or simply the tranquility of an unspoilt Caribbean island, The English Haven is the perfect home from which to enjoy it.
The English Haven is the perfect location to hold your wedding and can host up to 50 guests, making it ideal for those who are looking for a smaller, more exclusive venue. We can put you in touch with a wedding planner who has previously organised a wedding at The English Haven and who can arrange the whole day, down to the smallest detail.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
15 Sep 2016 - 30 Apr 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add £60 per night, per additional guest|
1 Jul 2017 - 14 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|After Stay Clean||£60|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£500|
The weekly rental price is negotiable, depending on date of stay, number of guests and length of rental.
The rental price excludes utilities (electricity and water), which will be charged separately. There is an End of Stay Clean charge of £60 as detailed above
Notes on prices:
Please note that our prices have remained fixed for five years.
Our booking terms and conditions and documents detail this information which we send via email after your initial contact regarding a booking.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Music Library
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Both the Master Suite and the Guest Suite have fully equipped bathrooms including a bath. There is no bath in the third bathroom which has a shower, WC and sink.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master Suite has a Super King size 4-poster bed, Guest Suite has twin beds (cot available). Guest bed making up two twins or a double bed in the study/living area. Both bedrooms have air conditioning. Small sofa bed available for child as fifth person for additional charge per week.
- Notes on accommodation: The English Haven nestles in the green hills of English Harbour and is situated within the grounds of Galleon Beach, a small resort offering beach facilities including water-sports and tennis courts. Its surrounding area, carefully protected by the National Parks, echoes the days of the old wooden schooners and boasts many excellent restaurants, lively bars, art galleries, beauty spas, boutiques and local craft shops. Outside: There is ample room for dining and relaxing on the balcony, which has spectacular views across English Harbour, Fort Barclay, Nelson's Dockyard and out to the open sea and the island of Montserrat, which lies 25 miles away to the West. The view of the evening sunsets from the balcony are said to be among the best on the island! Utility Room: Private Pool and Spa, Parking, private Garage, terraces/balconies, sun loungers. Cable TV, Internet Access (prepaid card/Galleon Beach) , 48” TV European and US (PAL) DVD players, DVD collection, iPad Docking Station, small library of 100 books Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen and towels are provided free of charge. A personal cook and chauffeur are available by arrangement at additional cost. Other: A spacious balcony runs the full length of the house with steps leading down to the villa’s private swimming pool and jacuzzi. The garden has been expertly landscaped so that the lush grounds ensure total privacy when using the pool and sunbathing areas.