Villa very close to Estoi, Eastern Algarve, Portugal - Hillside South Setting with Views to the Coast
This beautiful villa is privately situated on a hillside with views over the countryside to the sea. 10km from the interesting old city of Faro, and 2km from the nearby village of Estoi, famous for the Palacio do Visconde, at present a " Hotel de Charme -Pousada "and Roman site of Milreu. The villa is beautifully furnished, fully equipped and maintained to a high standard by the owner who lives in the area. The lounge/dining room and both bedrooms have French doors leading onto the terrace, facing south, overlooking the swimming pool and countryside beyond. The villa is private and not overlooked, but not isolated. It is very sunny (south facing) which also makes it very cosy for winter holidays.
Top Traveller Review
Phil and Louisa
About the Owner
About Dr. José Manuel Bárbara
I am an economist as well as chartered accountant with office in faro since 1980.
(1 traveller reviews)
This is a nice place to unwind and relax. We really enjoyed our 3 weeks here, the views are fantastic, villa is clean and pool just right to cool off. there is a nice pool house that you can relax in during the day, intact we spent most of time there! The only downside would be no toilet near the pool, although i think thats bing done and it could do with some wifi…but all in all a fab place.
Phil and Louisa
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Excellent for Spring /Autumn holidays. Beautiful rose garden. Lots of birds to be watched. No noise. No other houses looking into the property. Not too isolated either. 2 miles from Village. South facing Villa. Very Sunny. Located on mid hill side. Excellent views to south (sea at distance). Lots of sun light.
15-20 minutes to the nearest beaches (Faro, Vale do Lobo, Quinta do Lago) also from the Natural Park of Ria Formosa Faro/Olhão. 5 Minutes to the Village of Estoi (walking distance) where there is a beautiful Pousada Palace with bar, restaurant, gardens.
15km to Faro airport. Car hire essential.
8km to Faro and Olhão. 1km to Estoi Village. 15km to Quinta do Lago/Vale do Lobo. 200km to Seville (all free motorway). 3km to motorway access.
The villa is completely private and situated in a beautiful area just 1 km from Estoi which has shops, restaurants, banks, etc and is famous for the Palacio do Visconde and Roman site of Milrue.
São Bras is 6km, a thriving country town providing a full range of facilities including daily area farmers market and supermarket. The bustling old city of Faro is 8 km away and beaches a 20 minute drive.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A deposit of 25% of the total rental is payable on booking (by bank transfer in euros) with the balance due not less than 6 weeks prior to arrival.
Thursdays. Arrival after 11am and departure before 10am. In case of earlier arrival, clients can leave their luggage in the house and either go out for a while or stay by the pool.
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- suitable for elderly or infirm
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- En-suite to double bedroom with small bath, shower, WC and basin. En-suite shower room to twin bedroom with shower/massage, WC and basin.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 2 with double bed and en-suite. Bedroom 2 with twin beds and en-suite. Both bedrooms have large built-in wardrobes, ceiling fans, electric heating, French doors to terrace, facing south, overlooking pool and the ocean (at a distance).
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Electric oil-filled radiators in every room and in the lounge/dining area for the cooler months, as well as fire place with feeted Fogo Montana. The owner will meet you on arrival to show you around the villa. A welcome pack is provided. A strong signal can be received on mobile phones. Outside: Beautiful large covered terrace with teak table and chairs, facing south, overlooking garden, pool area and sea at distance. Covered BBQ area as well as second fully equipped kitchen and other covered terrace by the pool. All areas have night lights. Garden with many flowers and shrubs, terrace, swimming pool 8m x 4m with underwater lighting, covered barbecue area with table and six chairs. Purpose built barbecue with working area and sink. Pool shower. Hardwood loungers with cushions. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Maid service is once weekly and towels are changed twice weekly. Bathrooms are cleaned twice per week. Bedding is changed weekly. Please bring your own swimming towels. Other: Beautifull rock garden with pines, palms and ciprus trees. Lots of plants ( roses )