Somerford Keynes, near Cirencester, Gloucestershire, England - Peaceful Location On Lower Mill Estate, 3 Min Walk To Estate Shop And 15 Min Walk To The Bakers Arms
This end-of-terrace cottage is open plan with the kitchen and breakfast bar looking onto the living area with wood burning stove. French doors open up onto a secure, gated decking overlooking the lake, with space to eat and outside sofas. Upstairs, there is cosy double bedroom, a master kingsize with sitting area and TV and a family bedroom with Aspace bunk beds and a 2ft 6" single bed (with trundle underneath). The family room is a perfect second sitting room for children, having a TV and DVD player. Two families can easily spend a week enjoying the swimming pool, tennis court, saunas, children's play area, trampoline, the gym, the Spa and the cycling trails. The house has it's own broadband connection so there is free constant wifi, as well as Sky TV, so if it is raining outside and the spa doesn't lure you, stay in and stay connected. There is also an onsite restaurant.
About the Owner
We bought our house on the estate when it was first built and have enjoyed it tremendously. We live in Surrey, work in London and rest in the Cotswolds when the children's social life allows! If we're not in the Spa or the Wild Duck, we'll be at The Watermark wakeboarding.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We stayed at Janes beautiful holiday home as a great excuse to get the girls together. The pictures do not do the home justice, it is beautifully furnished in a stunning location with lovely views over the lake. The location is great for walks, cycling and water based activities. You also get access to the spa on site which we made plenty of time to enjoy. Everything you would think to need for the weekend and cooking is there. The beds are comfy and the neighbours were all pleasant. I would recommend doing a shop before you leave as the nearest large supermarket was a 20 min drive away, otherwise there is a small shop onsite for bits and bobs.
From the Owner
“The area is commutable from London and on such great roads that traveling to it is a breeze. It is easily accessible for a quick visit and, if we stay for longer, it is near enough for friends to join us. There are some amazing restaurants in the area for grown-up dinners or we can spend the entire weekend playing Swallows and Amazons. It's so flexible.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Waterskiing and Cableskiing at The Watermark, Fishing on the Estate
There are lakeside beaches within the Cotswold Water Park that are set in a beautiful country park. There are fanastic childrens play areas and beaches and life guards are on duty during the summer months. These are 5 minutes cycle from the house. There are lots of watersports for ten year olds and over including waterskiing, cable ski and ringo rides.
The cottage is situated near the M4 and M5 with Kemble railway station 3 miles away with services to Swindon, Gloucester and Cheltenham and direct services to London. There are local taxi services but a car is recommended. Bristol airport is around 40 miles away and Birmingham International is within an hours drive.
The famous town of Cirencester is about 5 miles from the estate and as the centre of the Cotswolds is a perfect location from which to explore the many scenic villages and town the region boasts. Towns such as Bourton on the Water, Bibury and the festival town of Cheltenham are within a 30 min drive and the area is within a 2 hours from London.
The Cotswold Water Park has facilities such as golf, sailing, windsurfing, water skiing, drag ski, parachuting, cycle hire, beaches, birdwatcing, angling, paintballing, walking and rambling, horse riding, wakeboarding and much more within a few miles of the estate. Further afield, the Cotswold Wildlife Park in Burford, Birdland in Bourton-on-the-Water and Longleat Safari Park are great places to visit if you love animals. There is an M&S food, Waitrose and large Tesco in Cirencester and most supermarkets will deliver to the estate.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
22 Oct 2016 - 4 Nov 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
The estate rules require that no stag or hen parties may book and no smoking is allowed.
Short breaks are of 4 nights mid-week (Monday to Friday) or a three night weekend (Friday to Monday). Arrival is from 3pm and departure is by 10am. Keys are held in a keysafe which gives guests the flexibility to arrive later or leave earlier.
Discount for lower occupancy:
As this is a family house, the rates assume that all of the bedrooms are being used. If a single couple makes a booking, a discount is available. Please ask the owner.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“As toddlers, the boys enjoyed Magicland, a giant soft play area in Cirencester and wildlife parks but now they have grown into tennis, golf and wakeboarding. Jane's parents visit often, exploring the Cotswolds and leaving recommendations about pubs and cream teas, in the sideboard drawer. As for us ... a massage in the Artspa for mum, the gym for dad, and a relaxing walk to the Bakers Arms is a perfect weekend.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom with bath/shower over, wc. Downstairs shower room with wc.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 + 2 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed and sofabed, Bedroom 2 with double bed, Bedroom 3 with full sized bunks (plus 2ft 6" single bed and trundle).
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Our house is very family orientated and sleeping arrangements are flexible to reflect that. There is room for a travel cot in all of the bedrooms, the master bedroom has a sofabed suitable for two smaller children or one teenager. The bunkbed room also has a 2ft 6" single with a trundle underneath. If you use all four of the beds, there's not much floor space, but four children have a lot of fun! One well behaved dog is welcome but it must be kept downstairs. Lower Mill is a private, gated estate with 24 hour security and children must be supervised at all times. The estate doesn't allow stag or hen parties. Outside: The enclosed decking has a corner sofa area to relax or sunbathe on and a round table with sun shade and four chairs. It's a stunning location to enjoy the sunset and use the BBQ. There is grass to the side of the house and wooden stairs down to the private jetty. The 450 acre nature reserve has plenty of cycling routes, walks and fishing. There is bicycle and canoe hire nearby or you can make use of the estate's facilities - indoor and outdoor pools, gym, saunas, treatment rooms, trampoline, children's play area, football posts and tennis court. The estate has its own shop selling quality provisions, home-cooked meals, ice-creams, freshly brewed coffee and fresh-baked croissants. It is a relaxing 15min walk along quiet roads (with pavements) to the village pub, the Brewers Arms in Somerford Keynes and a short drive to many other wonderful Cotswolds pubs and restaurants. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and hand towels are provided. Please bring your own bath towels for the pools. Other: The south facing decking is a sun trap and has a dining table and four chairs, as well as rattan sofa seating.