House in Terrasson, Sarlat, Dordogne, Aquitaine, France - House On Edge Of Beautiful Town Of Terrasson
The house was built in 1934, in an Art-Deco style and has just been fully restored. There are five large double bedrooms and three and a half bathrooms. The house is built on four levels. The ground-basement level has a garage, wine cellar, laundry room and storage fridge. The first floor has a marble entrance leading into a very grand and adjoining livingroom and dinningroom. There is parquet flooring, period fireplaces, wood pannelling on the walls and ceilings, lovely furniture and a fully equiped kitchen. The second floor has three beautiful large double bedrooms with timber floors and fireplaces, two of which share a large ensuite. There is also another large bathroom on this floor. The top floor has two double bedrooms, one of which is very large and has an ensuite bathroom, this room also has two campbeds and seating area. There is a wonderful mature and enclosed garden to the rear with a new 10m swimming pool and a shaded area for outdoor dinning.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The area surrounding Terrasson is full of wonderful nature,cultural and sporting day excursions. Some of the most dramatic countryside in France is to be found here. Two examples of which would be, the exquiste Chateau Hautefort with its fine gardens or the Grottes de Lascaux with their 2000 year old cave drawings-both of which are less than an hours drive from the house.
There is also
One can explore the numerous beautiful small towns and villages such as Montignac, La Buge, Les Eyzies or Sarlat-all about one hours drive away. Alternatively,one could simply wander around the mountains,forests, rivers and lakes…get beautifully lost and have a very very long picnic.
Bordeaux - 90 mins
Limoges - 80 mins
Perigueux - 50 mins
Bergerac - 90 mins
Brive - 30 mins
Toulouse - 120 mins
Aer Lingus >>
Air France >>
Bordeaux - 120 mins
Paris - 4 hours
Toulouse - 120 mins
Bordeaux -90 mins
(via new A89 motorway)
Paris - 5 hours
Cherbourg and Le Harve-8-10 hours
Terrasson-La-Villedieu is without doubt one of the Dordogne s hidden treasures. It is situated less than two hours east of Bordeaux and one hour south of Limoges. Terrasson is on the river Vezere.
The house is a pleasant stroll from the charming old part of town,some of which dates back to the 13th century. One can wander up through the cobbled streets,past fountains and small squares to arrive at the magnificent cathedral on the hill, overlooking the entire area.
Terrasson has a wonderful range of restaurants,cafes and bars. It is internationally famous for its sculpture garden, Les Jardins des L’imaginaire.
It has a large farmers market every thursday which sells everything from organic fruit,vegetables and meat to clothes and antiques. On the other side of the river,the new part of town which is merely 200 years old, one can find everything else one may need, such as
-Public park with playground
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Nov 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£400|
30% booking deposit to make reservation and balance due one month before arrival.A fully refundable 400 euro damage deposit is given to housekeeper in cash on arrival and returned on departure.
Saturday and non flexible during high season-may to sept
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- There are two large bathrooms on main first floor with bath/shower,wc and basin.There is a small toilet with wc and basin on ground floor and an en suite bathroom with shower,wc and basin on top floor.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 14 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1-4 hhave double beds. Bedroom 5 is in large walk in roof-attic room with double bed,4 camp beds and ensuite bathroom
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: The house has a large private and secluded rear garden with a wonderful 10m swimming pool.There is also a lovely front garden and across the road there is a charming riverside garden with small summer house.The pool and river garden are strictly child secure with barrier to pool and locked gate to river garden. Utility Room: The ground floor/basement area has laundry washing and drying machines. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The beds are all large queen size doubles with 100% cotton sheets and towels provided.The house is cleaned after guests departure but extra cleaning is possible subject to private agreement with my wonderful english speaking housekeeper