Apartment in Tatlisu, Kyrenia, North Cyprus - Peaceful Location, 5 Mins Walk To Private Beach
3 bed penthouse apartment with stunning views of the Mediterranean sea and mountains. Spacious and modern. Suitable for both couples and families. Great location for exploring the many sights of Northern Cyprus.
Top Traveller Review
Lovely Apartment with great views
About the Owner
Hi and welcome to our holiday home. Angela and I decided to buy in Northern Cyprus as we hope one day to live in the area permanently. We chose the SWB complex as this was and still is one of the best equipped sites on the island. (it won the gold award in 2009) There are a lot of ex pats in the region and i feel the local people are far more friendly than in Spain and Portugal. We class this as our second home and not just a rental property. This is the first year we are renting and hope our guests enjoy the apartment and site as much as we do.
2 holidaymaker reviews
Lovely Apartment with great views
This is our second visit to this apartment. It is lovely with stunning views over the sea. The apartment is very spacious and had everything we needed for our 2 week stay. I have limited mobility and even though the apartment was on the first floor, this didn't prove too much of a problem. The pools which are a 5min walk from the apartment were lovely and we even had them to ourselves some days. We did hire a car which was recommended by the owners and I'm so glad we did. We did a lot of sightseeing and went out most evenings for our meals, travelling all over. We had very good communication with the owners from first booking to our return home. The WiFi was great as it meant we could keep in touch with family back home. We are looking at booking again for next year.
Lovely appartment, beautiful grounds and great poo
The apartment was spacious, lovely and clean and plenty of outside space on the balcony and roof terrace. It was well equipped with all that was needed for your holiday. you could stay in and cook as everything was provided. We arrived early hours of the morning and the welcome pack had everything for your 1st day, fruit juice, milk, bread, tea and coffee. The pools and gym were lovely and well equipped and used everyday by all 6 of us, plenty of sunbeds and never got too busy. The grounds were beautiful and kept lovely. You do need to hire a car, the nearest shop was about 1 km which does not sound far but remember the heat!! The only criticism i would make if i had to would be a bit of shade on the balcony as it is quite powerful in the afternoon would be nice but that is all i could force myself to say as a negative about the apartment. The owners were very helpful with quick response to all of my little questions i emailed to them. Also very forthcoming with information on the telephone. It was a beautiful apartment and a lovely holiday had by all.
From the Owner
“We looked at many locations on the island but settled on Sweetwater Bay as the apartment sizes were more generous and the complex facilities allow you to have a relaxing stay. The site is one of the most Northern developments and resturants and supermarkets were a car drive to access but this has now changed and there are a number of excellent supermarkets and restaurants locally. We bought here as we were looking for a holday home to relax and unwind. We run 3 seperate businesses back in the UK and wanted somewhere quiet to unwind and recharge our batteries. The views are spectacular and the Northern part of the island has not been turned into a concrete jungle as have many areas in other countries.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The perfect place to stay if you want to explore the many sights of Northern Cyprus.
There are many beaches around Northern Cyprus and these are all easily accessible by car. The complex has its own private shingle beach which is a 5 min walk from the apartment. Alagadi Beach (where turtles hatch each year) is approximately 20 mins drive away. For a small fee you can spend the day at the 5* Acapulco Hotel which boasts its own private beach and water park. There are plenty of sunbeds and umbrellas both on the beach and around the pool area. This is a day out not to be missed.
Ercan airport is approximately 30 mins drive from the apartment. Larnaca is a little further at 1hr 15 mins. Transfers can be arranged and these are usually booked at the same time as car hire. All flights to Ercan stop at Turkey and usually consist of an additional internal flight. A car is essential if you wish to explore the many sights of Northern Cyprus.
Tatlisu village is a 5 min drive from the complex. Esentepe is approximately 15 mins drive away. 30 mins drive will take you to Lefkosa and Kyrenia which has a wonderful harbour, castle and boat rides. There is now a dual carriageway which will see you in Gazamagusa (Famagusta) in 30 mins. Bellapais Abbey and St Hilarion Castle are also approximately 30 mins drive away. Kantara Castle which is 30 mins away has spectacular views across Northern Cyprus and should not be missed.
There is a supermarket within 5 mins of the complex which stocks essential items. The bigger supermarkets are on the main road into Kyrenia and are approximately 25 mins drive away. This is also where the main banks are. There are many restaurants within a 10 min drive of the apartment serving many International cuisines. Kyrenia has many restaurants which are open until late in the evening. We regularly enjoy a meal down at the harbour or drive into the mountains for the spectacular food and scenery.
- Booking Notes:
A deposit of 25% will be required upon booking. The balance will be due 4 weeks before the start of your holiday. A bond of £150 to cover breakages will also be payable with the balance of your holiday. The bond will be repaid once your holiday has finished and the apartment has been inspected.
Changeover days are flexible dependent on other bookings.
Notes on prices:
Cost is between £250 and £300 per week dependent on time of year and this includes an allowance for electricity of 200 units per week. Should your electricity exceed this allowance an additional charge will be made of 0.50TL per unit and deducted from the bond at the end of your holiday.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The site has a lot to offer and is well maintained. The apartment is fully air conditioned with Playstations and DVD's for the kids if needed. However you will need to take your own PS3 games. The site is gated and secure so unless you have very small children they are free to explore the site without any risk. Children under the age of 16 are not allowed in the jacuzzi or steam room without supervision. The site has a mixed clientel of British, Norwegian and Russian. English is widley spoken and UK sterling is accepted in most establishemnts as is the Euro and Turkish Lira. We always take Sterling with us and change it into Turkish Lira when we arrive as you get a better exchange rate in the supermarkets out there. This is a great base to explore the island.”
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- Heated Pool
- children welcome
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite wet room to master bedroom comprises toilet, shower, sink, shaving socket and mirror above the sink. Family bathroom comprises bath/shower overhead, toilet, sink, shaving socket and mirror above the sink. Both rooms are fully tiled.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with double bed and en-suite wet room. Stunning views of thev mountains. Bedroom 2 with double bed and stunning views of the mountains. Bedroom 3 with twin beds. All bedrooms have fitted wardrobes and air-conditioning units.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: The accommodation comprises 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and an open plan kitchen, lounge and dining room. All rooms are fitted with air-conditioning and have either ceiling fans or stand alone fans to make your stay as comfortable as possible. Outside: Set in extensive landscaped gardens which are maintained daily. The apartment has 4 sun loungers with cushions and a patio table with 6 chairs for alfresco dining. The 3 swimming pools are communal and there are plenty of sun loungers and sun umbrellas around the pool area. One of the pools is heated in the winter months. After a day's sunbathing or sightseeing why not sit on the balcony with a cold drink and watch the sun set over the sea. Although the apartment is only approximately 3 mins walk away from the pool area we find there is no noise. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bath, beach towels and linen included. Property will be cleaned upon arrival and a £50 fee will be charged for cleaning the property on your departure. If a mid-week clean is required this can be arranged. Other: Large rooftop terrace with sink. Spectacular views of the complex. A great place to top up that all important tan (if you can stand the heat).