House in Beuzeville, Eure, Normandy, France - BOOKINGS BEING TAKEN FOR 2015. SUMMER WEEKS ARE BEING BOOKED. Please do not call after 8:30pm
The house is situated next to a farm, a 5 minute drive/10 minute cycle (bikes provided) or half an hour walk from a pretty town which has all the shops you will need. The house, pool and court sit in 2 acres of grounds. There are also a small set of wooden swings and two areas of grass, an unprotected lily pond with willow trees, and a small orchard. The house is not overlooked. Next door is a farm and the farmhouse is oriented away from the pressoir. The property has been sympathetically renovated and is furnished tastefully and comfortably with quality new pieces of furniture, or auction bought period pieces. It has been designed with the modern family in mind and has two large televisions, SKY tv, Wireless internet access, a Playstation, iPod ad docking station a large fridge in the kitchen and a separate wine fridge. Perfectly situated for many types of holidays, whether you want a quiet relaxing time at the house or a fun filled family holiday exploring the area.
About the Owner
About Jayne Block
We are a family who likes the good life and have furnished our Normandy house accordingly. We have two teenage children now, but we have been holidaying in Beuzeville since the youngest was in a baby car seat and have found it always has great appeal - even before we were lucky enough to be able to have a private pool and tennis court!
What makes this villa unique
Guestbook comments from the owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
This region is the home of the impressionists and there are many museums and galleries in and around Honfluer, Lisieux and Rouen. We are also about 1 hour from the Normandy Landing beaches. The house is perfect for tennis breaks, or as a writers' retreat.
Honfleur beach (10 mins,), nice walk, views of La Havre are not that great
Deauville and Trouville beaches (30 mins). Deauville has a fabulous sandy beach, over 3km of sand, a beach sports centre plus horse riding, crazy golf, a lovely tennis Club with over 20 courts, many of them Clay, a famous art deco board walk, chic shopping in the town centre, two famous racecourses great restaurants and a Casino.
Trouville is most famous for its wonderful fresh fish market, and for Cafe Central
By Car: Cars are essential to enjoy all the region offers.
20 minutes from Le Havre (ferry from Portsmouth)
20 minutes from Lisieux Train Station (from Paris (Paris Lazare)
20 minutes from Deauville St Gatien Airport (from City Airport)
45 minutes from Caen (ferry from Portsmouth)
1 hr 30 minutes from Dieppe (ferry from Newhaven)
2 hours 30 minutes from Calais (ferry from Dover, Eurotunnel)
Beuzeville is 2.5km. Honfleur is 10minutes by car, Pont Audemer 10 mins by car, Deauville and Trouville 30 mins, the Cider Route is 40 mins, Rouen is 45 mins and the landing beaches are 1.5 hours, as is Paris.
There is a file in the house with recommended restaurants/activities locally and around the region. Everyone (first visitors) always asks us if there are supermarkets they can visit on the way to stock up on goodies and essentials. Although Beuzeville is a relatively small town, the Carrefour supermarket (on the road to Honfleur) is very well stocked, it even has a live tank for lobsters/crabs and the wine selection is very good. There are 5 boulangeries (we cycle into town every morning to get fresh bread), a fishmonger, butcher and deli. There is an excellent creperie (it does more than just crepes). There are several bars in the town centre as well (which you could also cycle to), so if you want a real slice of French life, you can just stay local, and you won't miss out on any creature comforts.
We have spent summers in Beuzeville when our children were very small and visited the zoo in Cerza, near Lisieux, where some white tiger cubs have just been born, we have been to Disneyland Paris, Parc Asterix (much preferred, more rides, less shops), there is also Festyland for the young. We also played Crazy Golf in Deauville and watched them take their first steps in the sea in the shallow waters. They came on the 'cider route' with us and innocently drank apple juice - many of the cider producing farms pproduce locewly apple juice as well, and offer tastings.
Now they are teenagers, we go Go Kart racing at Deauville, we ride on the beach, go horse racing (it's family friendly), play tennis on clay courts and pretend we are Rafael Nadal - well my son does. I believe there is a new bowling alley there, and on the way home there is a tree-top adventure course called Val des Cimes. In Pont L'Eveque there is a water sports lake.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
10% on booking, full payment 8 weeks before commencement of holiday, deposit of £50 per person. Low occupancy rates available Oct - March (excluding peak weeks)
The changeover day is Friday or Saturday. Departure by 10:00 am, arrival after 16:00.
Notes on prices:
Linen (duvet, sheet, pillow case) and towel bale (bath, hand and face) is available at £25.00 per person, payable in advance.
We will offer a couples discount, and would consider short breaks other than during school holidays. Please call to discuss 01273 891325. If you send us en email, please include a land-line 'phone number.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Toilet 3 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Large main bathroom, opposite Master bedroom with bath/shower head and basin Shower room with basin, opposite bedroom 3 Small downstairs shower room with sink 2 separate WCs upstairs 1 separate WC downstairs
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with King Size bed, dressing area and built in wardrobes Bedroom 2 with King size bed, hanging rail Bedroom 3 with King size bed and hanging closet Bedroom 4, twin singles, vanity basin and small wardrobe Bedroom 5, 3 singles, dressing room
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: We believe the accommodation is of a high quality, and have found few houses of this standard in Normandy. The beds all have English bedding (pillows, duvets). The mattresses are good quality orthopedic ones on the doubles and foam on the singles. The new furniture is in good condition and the period pieces are of good quality. It has been furnished as a family house; we have had many satisfied customers, including a number who have been with several generations of their family and all have had a great time. They have indicated they would be happy to speak to any potential customers and provide testimonies. Please note that the lily pond is unprotected. There is an electric cover for the pool, but it is 1.2m - 2m deep. The swings are for over 7s. Children must be supervised at all times. We do not accept bookings with more than 4 adults as it is a family house that has been furnished with care and considerable expense. It is not suitable for bachelor parties. Outside: The pool is lined and is 12m x 6m. It is 1.2 - 2m deep. It is a salt water pool, heated by a pompe a chaleur which takes heat from the air. It requires a minimum consistent temperature of 10' and has been heated from April - Sept for the last 4 years. We have 8 metal sun beds and cushions, and 4 metal drinks tables. There is a kettle drum barbecue, an extending patio table for 12 and 12 chairs. There are two plastic chairs on the tennis court and a wooden umpire's chair. There is a small set of swings/climbing rope. To the rear of the property is a washing line. Utility Room: Washing machine, dryer, ironing board and iron. Door to garden with clothes line (behind house) Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bath/toilet mats and T towels included. Bed linen and towel bales are available for hire. The house is cleaned at each changeover. Cleaning is included in the price, but if the house is unacceptably dirty, a surcharge with be taken from deposits. Other: Dining room with oak table, seats 12. Small kitchen table and 4 chairs, utility space with sink, tennis equipment some gym equipment. Upstairs there is a Playstation space with a 42 " tv and selection of games, computer desk and chair, small sofa bed.