Almogia, Malaga, Inland Costa del Sol, Spain - Secluded Location Close To Traditional White Village
Finca Los Martinez is set in its own grounds of 8 acres with spanish oak, almond and olive trees and is the ideal location to enjoy peace and quiet, surrounded by beautiful countryside and mediterranean wildlife. The large free-form swimming pool offers hours of fun with its diving platform whilst the pool-side terraces provide the opportunity to relax and enjoy the sun. The roof terrace with its magnificent, uninterrupted view is perfect for watching the resident swallows and bee-eaters as they swoop overhead or spot eagles and vultures soaring way above. Enjoy jasmine-scented evenings star-gazing with clear views of the Milky Way and catch sight of shooting stars. We provide a complimentary welcome pack as well as the services of our local English representative who will greet you, show you around and be available should you need anything during your stay.
Top Traveller Review
Two weeks of heaven in Spain
About the Owner
We (Sean and Kathryn) moved to Spain when our children were young and have loved every minute of our Spanish adventure. Well, our boys have grown up and are now off to University in the UK and we have reluctantly decided that we should also be based in the UK.
Finca Los Martinez has been our home for eight years and we are excited to now share it with others. In our opinion it really is a wonderful spot, private and tranquil yet not too far from the hustle and bustle of the coast.
1 holidaymaker review
Two weeks of heaven in Spain
Fabulous villa in the hills 2 miles from the small town of Almogia. There was plenty of room for 8 of us inside and out. The kitchen was fully equipped and the air conditioning was greatly appreciated by all at night. We all enjoyed the large pool and the donkeys in the adjacent field went down a storm with our 9 year old daughter who was continually feeding them with anything she could find in our shopping bags. Our children aged 23 to 9 rated it their best ever holiday. Highly recommended.
From the Owner
“Our children attended an international school in Malaga and we searched for a rural property within driving distance. We had looked at many places before we stepped onto the roof terrace at Los Martinez and we knew straight away that this is where we wanted to be, even before we saw inside the house. Luckily the spacious interior and benefit of ensuite bathrooms didn't disappoint.”
Activity and Interests
Despite it's rural location Finca Los Martinez is only 35 minutes from Malaga Airport, 2 hours from Gibraltar and Seville Airports. Car hire is recommended.
The property is set well back off a quality tarmac road and only a two minute drive from the white-washed village of Almogia and 25 minutes from the Costa del Sol with its exciting night life, water parks and excellent beaches. Take a 20 minute drive inland and discover the fascinating landscape of El Torcal; with its graded walks, viewing platform and observatory it is well worth a visit.
Almogia is a charming 11th century Moorish pueblo with the remains of an ancient tower still standing. The village offers bars and restaurants. There is a Spar supermarket, butcher, fishmonger and bakery etc. as well as a market every Tuesday which is ideal for fresh produce. There are two ATMs, a 24-hour medical clinic and police station.
Fiestas abound in Andalucia throughout the year and these can be found on a grand scale in Malaga and at a local level in Almogia. Particularly moving are the sombre Easter Week processions whilst the August Ferias are a time for celebration when everyone dresses up and parties late into the night.
The historical cities of Granada, Cordoba and Ronda are fascinating and each make an easy day trip from Almogia. Always popular are the magnificent pre-historic caves of Nerja, one hour away, which are beautifully cool in the heat of the summer. For children there is the exciting Lobo Wolf Park near Antequera (especially if you can visit on a thrilling Wolf Howl Night) as well as the Bioparc Zoo in Fuengirola, Sea Life and Tivoli World in Benalmadena.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 4 Nov 2016
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We accept bank transfer and credit card payment via Paypal. 25% deposit is due on booking and the balance due six weeks before your holiday begins. There is also a good housekeeping bond of £300 which is repaid two weeks after leaving providing the finca is left in good order. Electricity charges are included; however if there is excessive usage then an extra charge would be deducted from the bond (this would only occur if the system is abused).
Changeover day is flexible. Arrival after 3pm and departure by 10am please, to allow preparation time for new arrivals.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The property's location, set back off a well-maintained road, has been a real advantage, with easy access to the village and no need for a four-wheel drive vehicle. Having so much space both inside and out has allowed us all plenty of room to relax and enjoy country life. The 8 acres of uncultivated land allows adventurous walks along the many tracks, binoculars essential. Ultimately the pool has always held the children's attention, never tiring of jumping and diving off the upper terrace. We always make time to picnic at the El Chorro lakes (cliff-jumping when water levels are high); day trips to ski the Sierra Nevada and we never miss the fun of the Malaga Feria. For us, the best moment has always been coming home to our corner of Spain and the breathtaking stars at night.”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bedrooms 1 to 4 each have ensuite providing shower, basin, bidet and wc Bedroom 5 has ensuite providing shower, basin and separate wc
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, king size bed Bedroom 2, double bed Bedroom 3, double bed Bedroom 4, twin beds Bedroom 5, twin beds
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Accommodation is fully air-conditioned as well as ceiling fans in the kitchen. For the winter months duvets are provided for all beds and the house can be heated via the a/c units as well as ceramic wall heaters if necessary. Logs for the wood-burning stove are provided. The finca is suitable for children and we can provide travel cots and high chairs upon request. Outside: There is plenty of shaded seating and a barbecue area to enjoy alfresco dining. A large charcoal grill and gas-fired barbecue are provided. Children will love the freedom of the area around the finca with so much land to explore. There are always almonds waiting to be picked from the trees and an abundance of figs to help yourself to in the late summer. There is also a basketball area. The sunbathing terraces are furnished with sunbeds, umbrellas and sunloungers. The property and land is fully fenced and access is off the main road via an electric gate. Utility Room: The finca is equipped with a washing machine, steam iron and ironing board. Outside areas to dry clothes are provided. A hair drier is supplied. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and bath towels are provided and changed once a week. If you would prefer, more cleaning can be arranged with our agent (extra charge). A selection of pool towels are available.