House in Crecy En Ponthieu, Somme, Picardie, France - Peaceful, Rural Location But Driving Distance To Stunning Beaches
The gite stands in a quarter of an acre of grounds with its own small orchard and summer house, the perfect hideaway for afternoon tea or a glass of wine. Guests can enjoy picking fresh cherries, apples, plums, black and redcurrants, raspberries and grapes in season. From the gate you look out on uninterrupted views across farmland and you are just a short stroll from the ancient forest of Crecy with its cycle tracks and walks amongst tall oaks. The house sleeps four with a double bedded room, a twin room, open plan lounge/kitchen/dining room, a shower room and a separate cloakroom. (An extra fold out bed can be provided in the main bedroom for children and teenagers.) The pretty established garden provides barbecue facilities, garden furniture, a sun deck and a selection of games (croquet, badminton, boules), as well as off road parking for up to three cars. The Summer House store room provides ample beach chairs and parasols, a wind break, beach toys, buckets and spades, frisbees, boogie boards, kites, a toddler's tent, a paddling pool. No need to cram it all in the car. The newly built decking area at the front of the house provides a wonderful sun trap where you can soak up the rays in total peace, lying back on one of two sun loungers kept inside the Summer House. If you like peace and quiet but want to be within striking distance of all amenities then this could be the house for you.
About the Owner
We live just outside London and work long hours in demanding jobs so Petit Blanc provides a lovely, peaceful bolt hole that we visit every month to re-charge our batteries. We are sure it will have the same effect on you too.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Le Petit Blanc is probably one of the best holiday properties we have visited. We are a family with two teenage kids and have just enjoyed a great week. The property owners have really gone the extra mile to ensure you enjoy your stay providing lots of thoughtful items to ensure you have a great stay like a welcome pack with wine homemade jam, local advice folders, french books, lots of outside garden toys for all ages!! Beautiful summer house. The property is in a great area to visit the Somme battle field sites, and the beautiful Opal coast often overlooked by us Brits dashing south. Great to see seals sun bathing! If you want to enjoy a peaceful location which is close to coast and interesting historical areas this is for you. You really do feel comfortable, welcome and relaxed. I have no hesitation in recommending this property which really is a great escape from the rush of UK life!!!
From the Owner
“We have lovely memories of time spent there with friends and family and continue to visit regularly to enjoy the peace and quiet of the village and the stress free pace of rural French life. We breathe a deep sigh of relief when we arrive and often have tears in our eyes when we have to leave. Whether it's a walk in the nearby forest, a tramp along the beach of Le Crotoy or a delicious meal of Moules Frites in one of the nearby seaside restaurants there are so many reasons to keep returning, as many of our guests do.”
Activity and Interests
Quend Plage and Fort Mahon (30 minutes drive) with their huge dune backed beaches are very special.
Berck Sur Mer is 40 minutes away by car.
St Valery, on the south side of the Somme bay, is sophisticated and cultured with a wooden boardwalk alongside the River, quayside restaurants and ancient walled city ramparts to discover.
Le Crotoy, on the north side of the bay, combines the charm of a fishing port and marina with the only south facing beach on the northern French coast.
Airport: Le Touquet: 43 km
Railway: Rue Station: 16 km
Ferry: Boulogne Sue Mer: 744 km
The nearest town is Crecy En Ponthieu (10 minutes drive), most famous for the battle of Crecy during the 100 Years War. Here you will find a supermarket, chemist, two bars, petrol, bank, hairdressers, tobacconist, butchers, brasserie, florist and the all important boulangerie for your morning croissants!
Distances - driving:
Arras - 1 hr
Amiens - 45 minutes
Boulogne – 45 minutes
Le Treport – 1 hr
Dieppe – 1½ hrs
Le Touquet – 40 minutes
Paris - 2 ½ hrs
Eurodisney - 3 ½ hrs
Abbeville - 20 mins
Activities Nearby: Sand yacht and bicycle hire, tennis and riding.
Guided walks in the Somme bay at low tide, seal watching.
Bird sanctuary at nearby La Marquenterre.
Aerial adventure in the trees and Crazy Golf at Quend Plage.
The Somme bay itself: Boat trips or walks in the bay to see the seals and explore the surroundings.
Belle Dune complex at Fort Mahon, is a resort village of pretty, pastel clapperboard cottages set around a central lake. Open to the public it offers the Aquaclub swimming pool – indoor/outdoor heated pool with wave machine, jacuzzi and giant water slides.
Marquenterre Ornithological Park: the Somme Bay nature reserve. 300 hectares of sand and mud-flats that the sea covers twice a day.
The Bird House: (Maison de l’Oiseau) bird centre - a unique place for information and bird-watching. Abbey De Valloires Gardens: on the banks of the River Authie, a magnificent landscaped garden containing over 5000 varieties of rose and rare shrubs, laid out at the foot of a Cistercian abbey.
The Somme Bay Railway Line: 16 km-ride in an old steam or diesel locomotive train across the salt-meadows.
The Naours Caves (refuges transformed into a town beneath the hills). Etaples Sur Mer with its fishing museum, the spectacle of the bay itself invaded by the sea when the tides are particularly strong, and its floating hunters huts.
The theme park of Bagatelle( near Berck Sur Mer) is 40 minutes away by car.
Abbeville with its shops, restaurants and hypermarket.
Amiens: Capital city of Picardy is a bustling university town that was once home to Jules Verne. Its awe-inspiring Gothic Cathedral is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and is the jewel in the crown of Picardie's many historic towns with world-class cathedrals or châteaux. It is an interesting city to wander around with plenty of opportunity to shop and eat, with an interesting old town area on the river.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
30 Sep 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Friday
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
Gas, electricity, water, cleaning included. The first basket of logs is included, after that we operate an 'honesty box' at 5 euros per basket.
Changeover Day: Changeover day is usually Friday (sometimes negotiable – please do ask) and the gite will be available from 3pm. Checkout is 10am on the day of departure.
Notes on prices: All beds have duvets. NB: The double bed has a kingsize duvet and takes a double base sheet.
Linen can be hired at a cost of £15 per bed to cover laundry charges or guests can bring their own bed linen.
Towels are not provided. Guests are advised to bring their own.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The gite is in such a peaceful area and yet is within easy reach of the coast, WWII sites and the Circuit of Remembrance, gardens, historical sites as well as tourist attractions and great restaurants. There really is something for all tastes.”
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Music Library ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- autumn foliage
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Cloakroom - Toilet, This room has a sink, mirror and store cupboard.
- Shower room - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, This room also has a sink and ample hooks and cabinets.
- A shower room with washbasin and WC is next door to the twin room. This room has a wall mounted heater, some pretty cupboards and lots of hanging and shelf space.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Twin Bedroom - 2 Single Bed, A fold out travel cot is available in this room.
- Main Bedroom - 1 Double Bed, An extra pull out bed can be put up for a child in this room
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The house sleeps four in comfort with a large double bedded room and a smaller twin room. An extra fold out bed can be provided in the main bedroom for children and teenagers.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: On the lounge dresser you will find a selection of books (including novels, cookery & wine books, maps, language & tourist guides), a collection of CDs, binoculars and stationery for you to borrow and enjoy. The cosy lounge area overlooks the front garden and is a perfect place for putting your feet up. The coffee table echoes the stripped pine theme found throughout the house and you will delight at the authentically French individual pieces (the oblong framed mirror, the corner cabinet with its pretty insert of striped fabric, the old Lavender baskets used to store wood, the blue and white tin bucket). We provide back copies of Living France and National Geographic in the summer house for armchair travellers OR a flat screen TV with DVD and a Karoake player for those who like to live at a faster pace. We provide a CD player/radio with an ipod docking station, a selection of board games and cards, torches, first aid and sewing kits, with hairdryers and night lights in both bedrooms. Outside: The gite stands in a quarter of an acre of grounds with its own small orchard. In order to make the most of the delightful location we have provided deckchairs (4 adults and 2 children), 2 beach mats, 2 wind breaks, 2 parasols, small beach tent for babies, beach toys (2 body boards, 3 kites, frisbee, bats and balls, buckets and spades) which you are welcome to borrow for days out. Back at base is a sun awning, gas B-B-Q, and 'garden games' (croquet, badminton, boules). A romantic two person patio set is included so you can enjoy coffee at dawn, juice at breakfast, baguettes at lunch, wine at sunset or hot chocolate whilst watching the stars wrapped up in a blanket at night. What more could you ask? A wood burning patio heater, perhaps? We've provided that too. Our newly built sun de There is off road parking for up to three cars. Utility Room: Iron and ironing board, hoover, basic cleaning materials, tea towels, oven gloves, table linen, cool bag/picninc basket, airer, 'market basket' and shopping bags. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen can be hired at £15 per bed to cover laundry charges or guests can bring their own. Towels are not provided but there will be tea towels, table linen and oven gloves in the kitchen and a bath mat in the shower room. Cleaning charge is included. Other: A second cloakroom provides an extra WC and wash basin. Heating is from electric oil heaters with a wood burning stove. Hot water from an electric heated tank