Farmhouse in Ficaiole, Rapolano Terme, Siena area, Tuscany, Italy - Near The Thermal Baths Of Rapolano Terme
Set in a tiny hamlet deep in the lush Tuscan countryside. Our farmhouse has been restored in the style called “Rustico Toscano”, with minute attention to details and an appreciation of original features such as the massive chestnut beams, brick arches, terracotta floors, stone walls etc. There is an entrance porch and a roof terrace with fine panoramic views. The furnishings are simple, discreet and tasteful. The rural landscape surrounding our property is quiet and well preserved. It is a perfect place to relax, go for nice walks or visit many places of interest in Tuscany.
About the Owner
This property doesn't have any reviews yet!
Activity and Interests
At one hour and fifteen minutes’ drive, it is possible to spend a nice day at the Tyrrhenian sea with its romantic and fantastic beaches, or discover the landscape of the "Maremma" toscana and eat in typical restaurants. As an alternative to the sea, the Trasimeno Lake is at half an hour’s drive and it will conquer you with its genuine atmosphere.
Airports: Florence Peretola 90 km, Rome Fiumicino Leonardo da Vinci 170 km.
Nearest Ferry: Piombino, Livorno at 95 km. Nearest train Station Rapolano Terme at 5km. Nearest Motorway: Highway Florence-Siena at 1 km. Car is essential
Ficaiole Is only 15 kilometres from the A1, Italy’s main North-South Motorway, thus Florence, Pisa, Bologna and Rome airports are within easy reach.
Distance from the main towns:
Siena km 20
Arezzo km 60
Firenze km 80
San Gimignano km 60
Perugia km 80
The area around the Crete Senesi is in a strategic position that allows the tourist to have the best of Tuscan beauties at hand. Within few kilometres you could relax at the Spa in Rapolano Terme, go horse-riding, visit the famous Crete, or taste and buy the best of our typical local products. You have immediate access to the major attractions in Tuscany, too: Florence, one of the pearls of our region; Siena, the best example of Mediaeval town in Italy, famous throughout the world for its ‘Palio’; Arezzo, where each month on the first weekend an important antiquarian market takes place; Montepulciano and Montalcino which will wait for you along the ‘wine road’, for delightful thematic tours; Cortona, where each August the Tuscan Sun Festival takes place; the Etruscan Volterra and Pienza with its famous cheese.
Finally, not very far away in Umbria, Perugia, Trasimeno Lake, Assisi and Orvieto are only mostly unknown to the mass of tourists, the area is a very good base for pleasant excursions.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£130|
€150 returnable breakage deposit is payable on arrival.
Water, electricity and final cleaning expenses are included. Cutlery, bed, toilet and table linen are included.
Check-in: Saturday from 3pm onwards. To 7 pm. Check-out: Saturday by 10 am. Please let us know in advance what time you intend to check in.
In the low season you are welcome to ask for other days as check-in and check-out.
Notes on prices:
The cost is per apartment per week and it is intended for two people. For other exigences you are kindly requested to contact the owner.
Rates are subject to change until reservation is confirmed.
Payement through bank's draft or Western Union Money Transfer. 30% deposit on booking, balance due 2 weeks before arrival.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- children welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom with shower, wc, bidet
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms)
- Notes on accommodation: 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 2/4. The apartment has ancient origins because the whole complex is dated around the Lombard kingdom (6th century). It has been restored and furnished with care and attention, preserving its original structure as much as possible. The entrance is through the living room/dining room where a cosy fireplace will welcome you and where you could also cook tasty food. A kitchenette with oven, fridge and freezer is also furnished with everything you need to cook. The double bedroom and the twin bedroom have both a romantic view of the Tuscan countryside. The bathroom is essentially furnished with a shower. Finally a Tv set and a washing machine complete the house equipement. Outside: There is a terrace with a fine panoramic view, furnished with table and chairs to eat outside and enjoy the quiet and peaceful landscape. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included and they are changed once a week (every Saturday).