Self Catering Cottage in Putsborough, Woolacombe, Croyde North Devon, Devon, England - Peaceful Location, 25 Minute Walk To Beach, Village With Pub And Shop Nearby.
The cottage is situated in the quiet hamlet of Pickwell on the edge of Morte Bay. Putsborough, Woolacombe and Croyde surfing beaches with sand dunes, rock pools, and waves are close by. Georgeham village has 2 pubs and a village shop. There are many places to visit nearby including the fishing village at Clovelly, Lynton & Lynmouth's funicular railway, and Lorna Donne country, the moors of Exmore and Dartmoor. The magnificent views from the cottage encompass Hartland Point, Baggy Point and Lundy Island. In the foreground are sheep and wheat fields. The accommodation is simple and comfortable with open plan living space and flexible bed capacity. There is a private sitting area on the seaward side and gardens for guests to share. The cottage is accessed by a private driveway and parking is in the courtyard outside the property. There is a games room with full size table tennis table and the cottage has TV/ dvd player.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
We enjoyed our stay and found everything very comfortable.
We were enlivened by watching the behaviour of the lambs out of the window!
Activity and Interests
Putsborough beach is a 5 minutes drive or a 25 minute walk away across fields. It is a beautiful sandy blue flag beach with rock pools and sand dunes. Putsborough is at one end of a 2 mile-long sandy bay. At the far end is the lively seaside town of Woolacombe. The famous surfing beach at Croyde is 10 minutes way by car.
M5 then A361 to Braunton.
Exeter airport - 60 miles
Georgeham 0.75 miles
Woolacombe 3 miles by car
Croyde 3 miles by car
Braunton 6 miles
Barnstaple 12 miles
Ilfracombe 15 miles
Georgeham has 2 pubs serving meals and a village shop. Woolacombe and Croyde have a variety of cafes, pubs and restaurants and small shops. Freshly caught fish can be bought from Ilfracombe harbour and shellfish from Mortehoe. Barnstaple has a pannier market and local produce can also be bought in Butcher's Row. The high street in Barnstaple has a mixture of well known stores and local shops. Supermarkets and banks can be found in Braunton, Ilfracombe and Barnstaple.
Local activities include walking, surfing, boat trips, horse riding, quad biking, sea fishing, cream teas and country boot fairs.
National Trust walks - Baggy Point, Morte Point, Lee Bay
Tarka Trail - cycle from Braunton , through Barnstaple, up into the Torridge Valley and beyond.
Braunton Burrows - nature reserve
Exmoor - Lynton and Lynmouth, funicular railway, valley walks, waterfalls, Doone country
Local theme parks include Watermouth Castle, Wildlife and Dinosaur Park, Big Sheep and Milky Way.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
22 Oct 2016 - 29 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
30 Oct 2016 - 4 Feb 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please telephone to check availability. Booking forms to be accompanied by a deposit.
Saturday (flexible out of season). Arrivals from 4pm, departures by 10am.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom with bath/shower over
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, Bedroom 2 with twin beds,
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The cottage is in a courtyard setting next to owner's accommodation and one other holiday cottage. Outside: The cottage has a seating area overlooking the coast with picnic table and barbecue. This is accessed via a gated paddock with a short stream (dry in summer). Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen included for your stay. Please bring your own towels. We expect guests to leave the property in the condition that they found it, or leave it like your mother would like. Most do better. There are ample cleaning materials to facilitate this. Other: Games room with table tennis table, toys and games. (Shared).