Villa in La Garde Freinet, St Tropez area, Var, Provence-Alpes-Cote DAzur, France - Very Peaceful Hilly Beautiful Location
A unique silk worm farm set in the cork forest of the Maures mountains behind the gulf of Saint Tropez in the commune of La Garde Freinet. We have our own water, swimming pool, children's pool, 12 hectares of forest to roam around, facilities for children, activity holidays by request, sleeps 8 in the farmhouse and up to 14 if the two anexes are booked at an extra price. But these anexes cannot be booked separately since the rental is for exclusive use of the house, grounds and pool. La Vielle Bastide.
About the Owner
During the summer our attentions are concentrated to keeping the land, pool and house in good order. We endeavour to make your holiday trouble free and are on hand to deal with any problems etc.
Guestbook comments from the owner
1 holidaymaker review
Stunning location, disappointing house
Location was amazing , so peaceful with breath taking views. The house did not resemble the images which we suspect are very old. The pool was dirty as it wasn't filled to reach the filter. Owner lives on the site which was never mentioned, however he was very quiet and inconspicuous. The house and outside areas are neglected and run down. Weeds growing, very old, stained, outside cushions. Old furniture lay around the site. The annex bathroom was dirty and I would not call the annex kitchen a kitchen it would be more like camping. There was no lights outside the annex so access and exit after 8pm would have to be by torchlight over the uneven stone stairs. The house kitchen seemed clean except the fridge was solid with ice and therefore didn't chill the food so we spent some time chiselling it off . We had to unplug the hairs from the downstairs en suite shower so it didn't over flow (on our first day).We have not received our deposit back and we are now getting solicitors letter to the owner who has failed to respond to email and phone message. We left no damage whatsoever.
From the Owner
“This place immediately appealed to me, quiet, natural,so much space, both at the villa and in the grounds, beautiful cork oak forest, a small Stream, walks without anyone around. iT IS ALSO SO CLOSE TO THE MED AND NOT TOO FAR FROM THE GORGES OF VERDON AND THE LAKE OF ST CROIX WHICH ARE A MUST FOR WATER SPORTS AND CLIMBING OR JUST TO ENJOY THE EXCURSION THROUGH PICTURESQUE VILLAGES TO THE SHORES OF THE AZURE BLUE LAKE OF ST CROIX? THE LARGEST NON NAVIGABLE LAKE IN FRANCE THE VERDON RIVER CAN ALSO BE USED FOR WHITE WATER RAFTING; AFTER ALL THIS YOU RETURN TO THE TRANQUILITY OF LA BASTIDE AND THE PRIVILAGE OF BEING ALMOST THE ONLY PEOPLE IN THE LES NEUF RIAUX VALLEY WITH ITS MOUNTAINS.FORESTS STREAMS ALL AROUND NATURE BIRDS DONKEYS ETC AND BEAUTIFUL WALKS OVER THE HILLS THIS IS MY FAVOURIT”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Inland you can explore the historic villages of Grimaud and La Garde Freinet with their old Saracen forts, or Ramatuel, Gassin, and Port Grimaud, famous for their flowers, quaint streets and unique views over the Gulf of St Tropez. The whole area is renowned for its Cote De Provence wines and many vineyards will play host to wine tasting. La Garde Freinet itself offers pony trekking-randonne or two or three day treks in the Massif Des Maures with picnics and small overnight hotels. Small maps are available from the tourist office with walks and pathways marked in degrees of difficulty, it is also possible to hire mountain bikes. Alternatively if you drive North you will find yourself very quickly in some of the most spectacular countryside of Provence with its sleepy villages, way off the tourist tracks. Further North are the Gorges of Verdon (left) reminiscent of the Grand Canyon.
beaches are at 16km
This is the Cote D'azure, the riviera etc but here is tranquility, you can get away from it all at the end of the day, or you can avoid the Saint Tropez magic completely and head to the small picturesque villages behind the coast,
or the the huge lake of Saint Croix, all water sports, mountains, vineyards, beautiful country, what more could you want?
There are many beaches and harbours in the local area. The famous St Tropez beaches of Pampleonne are within e
Nice 100km toulon 60 km Marseilles 140km
La Garde Freinet 7 km
Le luc 10 km
The Provencal cuisine is unique and claimed to be the healthiest in France, small wonder when you see the prolific produce from the local farms in the area, many organically grown. Free range poultry and eggs can be purchased at Vidauban market on Sunday mornings together with deliciously locally grown fruit and vegetables. La Garde Freinet holds a market on Sunday mornings and there is a large market at St Tropez on Tuesday mornings. There are delicious dishes offered in local restaurants and it is not unusual to find Wild Boar cooked in red wine on the menu.
All about Les Vielle Bastide
Les Vielle Bastide a true Bastide is now a private hamlet set in 18 hectares of privately owned forest. The main house was originally a silk worm farm dating back to 17th century and is independent and private in every way. Restored using traditional materials in the traditional Provencal style by local craftsmen, the extensive grounds include a stream with many fish, tortoises, frogs and terrapins, acres of cork forest and many interesting walks.
Large gravelled patio area with shaded area for eating. Cleared woodland behind and meadows in front. There are tracks and paths cleared in the forest and meadows, leading to the river and for the energetic a mountain path to La Garde Freinet, offering magnificent views over the Alps and a rewarding "Bier pression" at a bar in the village.
A child safety gate is available at the top of the stairs, together with an approved fire fighting appliances. There are railings around the pool and the main terrace can be fenced off to keep children in site. Le Vielle Bastide is situated up 1/4 mile off the main road. This private road is a sandy track and has a few rough patches that could pose a problem for very low slung vehicles with spoilers, but this is definitely the exception.
Attention to detail
The immersion heater is always switched on ensuring a constant supply of hot water, in
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
17 Sep 2016 - 13 May 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
booking form will be emailed to you
25% of the rental is paid with the booking
25% one month later
Balance 8 weeks before arrival
Saturday arrival 5PM leave at 10AM other times and days by arrangement
Notes on prices:
MAKE AN ENQUIRY
€776 £650 $1,020
Highlight Special price weekly Start date End date
€811 £680 $1,067 25 October 2010 25 April 2011
€895 £750 $1,176 30 April 2011 27 May 2011
€1,187 £995 $1,561 28 May 2011 10 June 2011
€1,492 £1,250 $1,961 11 June 2011 08 July 2011
€1,969 £1,650 $2,588 09 July 2011 26 August 2011
€1,492 £1,250 $1,961 27 August 2011 09 September 2011
8WKS BEFORE ARRIVAL OR WITH THE BOOKING
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Views, pure air, no noise, abundance of nature Clean air, absence of pollution The property has been lovingly restored over the years, four bedrooms three bath or showerooms and an annex just adjacent but separate to the property ; All mod cons are 10 minutes from the Bastide at Le Cannet des Maures, La Garde Freinet is also nearby but is less interesting for shopping as it does not have supermarkets but does have lots of restaurants and gift shops in its picturesque streets; It is not unusual to hear from clients on arrival at the property exclaiming ;; however did you find this place?”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- water parks
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- gambling casinos
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- ice skating
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- ski lift pass
- ski pass optional
- bay fishing
- surf fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- whitewater rafting
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- upstairs bathroom, sink; toilet shower attachment en suite bathroom with toilet and basin separate shower room with toilet and basin
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom double, guest bedroom Double and Twin downstairs large twin room with en suite bathroom anex double bedroom and single
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: La Vielle Bastide is, without contradiction, one of the few remaining natural environments left in the region. Nestling in the folds of The Maures Mountains and 1/4 of a mile from the main Le Luc to St.Tropez road you can be forgiven for thinking for thinking that you have been transported to another century. Completely hidden from view, the narrow track leading to La Vielle Bastide opens out into meadow land and vineyards. Sheltered from the mistral, olive groves, tropical cacti, and tropical palms flourish and there is an abundance of fruit trees. This sheltered valley, lovingly tended over the centuries, offers many surprises, its hidden river is discovered when following through a small track through a vineyard and a copse. La Vielle Bastide towers above you when you arrive, nestling warmly into the hillside and covered with ivy. A series of terraces planted with lavender, thyne, and rosemary flank its footage. See wild boar, fix, sometimes eagles, hawks, terepins, tortoises, all Outside: The swimming pool Both our large and small pools are situated on a sunny terrace surrounded by lavender and rosemary hedges. Our pool are not ostentatious in any sense - rather more an intimate place where to be to relax and enjoy the beauty of its surroundings. In an arid land, fountains used to be a necessary luxury. Throughout provence fountains dotted village squares and residential properties, and ranged from a single sprouting orifice to elaborate moss covered fountains. We have attempted to rekindle this age old tradition by incorporating fountains in the vicinity of the fish ponds and the swimming pools. Barbecue and picnic equipment is available, large outside tables and chairs on the terrace shaded by a parasol and relax in loungers by the pool. There are many beaches and harbours in the local area. The famous St Tropez beaches of Pampleonne are within easy reach, as well as the lesser known and quieter coves beyond the presque-isle, which are ideal for snorkelling, Utility Room: Laundry with washing machine and drying facilities Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: there is a laundry charge of £10 per person and the laundry can be changed as often as required.