House in Civitella Benazzone, nr. Perugia, Umbria, Italy - Ideally Situated in the Umbrian Countryside Close to Perugia. Assisi, Gubbio, Deruta, Lake Trasimeno
Casa Allegria is a beautifully restored 2 bedroom stone house in the medieval hilltop village of Civitella Benazzone, near Perugia. The property has many unique features, including exquisitely vaulted ceilings,exposed antique chestnut beams, and its own medieval storage grotto. The property is easily accessible yet offers a tranquil haven for our guests. The property has been harmoniously furnished to combine the modern with the medieval, including a new fully equipped custom kitchen and many pieces of antique furniture. The bedrooms have been furnished to ensure guests have a quality nights sleep, with memory foam mattresses, top quality hypoallergenic down duvets and Egyptian cotton bedlinens. Many points of interest are less than an hours drive away, including Perugia, Assisi, Gubbio, Lake Trasimeno, Deruta, Cortona and Spoleto . An aesthetic garden with panoramic views of the Umbrian countryside offers a sundeck and sunbeds as well as a terrace area for outdoor meals or leisurel
About the Owner
Shelly is an American, originally from California and Gunilla is Swedish born. We have been based in Sussex in the UK for many years now but have been coming to the sunny Mediterranean region regularly for about the past 15 years for our holidays.
Gunilla has her own very successful practice as a naturopath and homeopath. Shelly has his own small company and is often on the road in Europe as a result.
We have 3 grown children who live abroad on 3 different continents.
We love travelling and especially have fallen in love with the sunny climate and wonderful food of the beautiful Mediterranean regions we regularly visit.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"We loved Casa Allegria! A lovely,lovely spot & probably the most comfortable and best equipped house we've ever stayed in. (Believe me, we have done this a lot.). Every time we thought 'I wonder if there is such & such' - there it was!" A.G.S. (UK)
"We had a fabulous time in your beautiful house. The location was just perfect & you had the house so well fitted out with absolutely everything possible...we would love to come back to your place and would certainly recommend it to our friends & family." J. & G. P. (UK)
"A home away from home. Perfect location & garden view. All we could ask for".
"We returned from Casa Allegria after an absolutely brilliant trip. The house was just wonderful...Thank you again for the rental of such a lovely house."
G.P (UK & NZ)
"Loved the house & the area.Loved getting out & about & having the really special house to come back to. The house was so well equipped, had everything you could possibly need. P.G. (UK)
From the Owner
“We had been visiting Italy for several years, touring various regions until we decided we would love to have a property here - for our own use as well as guest rental. We visited Perugia for the first time 9 years ago and despite it being in December,there was something very special about it and the surrounding Umbrian countryside. We returned a few months later in the spring, and while staying with friends we further explored the area. This really "hooked" us on Umbria, which is said to be the most spiritual region in the whole of Italy. It's less touristy than Tuscany yet easily accessible. We began the property hunt, and the instant we entered Casa Allegria it was love at first sight! Three months later our Italian dream came true and we hope our guests will enjoy it as much as we do.”
Activity and Interests
A car is really essential. Accessibility from UK airports:(distances/travel times are to the house from the Italian airport): London Gatwick to Rome(FCO) airport, to Bologna airport or to Pisa Airport via EasyJet Also Bristol to Pisa or Rome(FCO) and Luton to Pisa with EasyJet Distances and travel times to the house are (all on motorway): Rome - ca. 225km/2hr 15min; Bologna - ca. 235km/2hrs 30min; Pisa - ca. 260km/2hr45min. London Stanstead to Perugia airport (via Ryanair), which is 20km/20min.
Nearest villages: Casa del Diavolo 3km/5min. and Ponte Pattoli (6km/7min) shops,cafe bars,etc. in both. Supermarket in Pattoli. Distances/travel times:
Perugia- ca20km/20min;Umbertide ca.22km/25min; Gubbio ca.30km/40min; Assisi ca. 35km/30min; Deruta ca. 33km/30min; Citta di Castello ca. 40km/30min;Todi ca. 57km/50min; Lake Trasimeno (Passignano sul Trasimeno ca50km/40min; Spoleto ca. 70km/1hr; Montepulciano ca. 90km/1hr15min; Siena ca. 130km/1hr 30min; Florence ca175km/1hr45min-2hr;
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
8 Oct 2016 - 11 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Please contact owner.
Please contact owner.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The hilltop bell tower seen from the valley below is our homecoming beacon. The short drive up the hill presents beautiful panoramic views of the Umbrian countryside, ancient olive groves and the ever changing seasonal colours. About 3 miles/6 minutes from the main motorway along a well paved tree lined road, we come to our village, entering through the medieval stone arch to arrive at Casa Allegria. Coming into the front door and seeing our beautiful living room with the vaulted ceilings and ancient stone arches is always breathtaking. Opening the shutters and looking at the Umbrian hills is another magical moment. The property's location is perfectly situated being close to Assisi, Gubbio, Deruta, Perugia, etc. while still remote enough to enjoy the peace and quiet of a hill top village.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- En-suite bathroom to BR1, separate bathroom next to bedroom2. Each has a walk-in tiled shower, basin, wc, bidet and heated towel rail. Antique exposed beam ceilings. Hairdryer available for guest use.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1:King bed; bedroom 2:2 singles(can be moved together). Memory foam mattresses, luxury down (hypo-allergenic) duvets, Egyptian cotton bed linens and quiet, tranquil setting guarantee a great night's sleep. Antique chestnut beams and stone walls.
- Outside: The property has its own garden, beautifully landscaped with a terrace area equipped with table and chairs. A retractable awning is permanently mounted for easy extension to shade the table area. Also a fully equipped charcoal BarBQue is available for guest use. There are aesthetic flower beds and a herb garden. There is a separate sundeck area with 4 comfortable sunbeds available to relax on and enjoy the sun and panoramic view of the beautiful Umbrian countryside, including Montelabate and Monte Subasio. Utility Room: There is a washing machine, drying rack, steam iron and ironing board available for guests. These are located in the Annex, another medieval stone walled and vaulted room with access from the outside terrace area. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Quality towels and Egyptian cotton bed linens included. Change of towels and bed linens provided weekly for stays longer than one week.